zealottk

AT-hauler 75219 mod

Hi all,

I recently purchased the AT-hauler and went looking to see if anyone has modded this set yet. But, unfortunately, I have not found a single person that has.

I like the set but I found that the cockpit seems lazily designed and I was hoping that someone has improved on it.

Does anyone know if someone has already moded this set yet?

Thank you

Z

I'll let you know in ten weeks haha.

Bought it for my son for Christmas during Amazon's near-half price flash sale and expect there'll be plenty to tinker with. At the moment I'm working on modding the Imperial Landing Craft and it's taking some serious work (at least on the parts I currently have) to try and sort this thing out. Those gaps at the front of the crew containers are so hideous yet due to its internal construction I'm having a hell of a time fixing it. At the moment just working on building up the interior decor and improved the cockpit inside-and-out until more parts come down. Sadly like you, not found anyone else who's modded that one either so just winging it a the moment and I'm far from an expert modder.

Yeah, I'm not even close to being an expert on modding Lego.  What I really would like is to change to cockpit, because it looks horrible, and to make sure that it can actually haul an AT-ST like it did in the movie.

I'm currently working in it in LDD. I lowerd the floor of the cocpkpit and added a few more seats, in a layout such as in the set 75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium. So it could fit 4 minifigs. I changed the mechanism in the arms too. I've tooked out the the technic bars and built in a string and winch in each arm. But I'm not yet figured out, how could I make the best liftarms, tha could hold an At-St and be able to fold up.

I'm countinuing to work on it, and once I get the set I'll make a post with instructions.

Edited by Gubi0222

For anything be doing mods outside the cockpit, I believe the Hauler actually carries the walkers directly under the main cabin, not at the end of the arms. That's what the fold down flaps are for.  I can't seem to find an image to prove my point at the moment, but I've seen them somewhere!

Edit. Found a picture. 

hqdefault

Edited by Richpepperell

On 10/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, zealottk said:

Hi all,

I recently purchased the AT-hauler and went looking to see if anyone has modded this set yet. But, unfortunately, I have not found a single person that has.

I like the set but I found that the cockpit seems lazily designed and I was hoping that someone has improved on it.

Does anyone know if someone has already moded this set yet?

Thank you

Z

Would you be able to post a photo of the stock cockpit? And does it appear to be possible to get two figures in there? As previously mentioned, got this for my boy for Christmas, but want to know what I'm up against when I undoubtedly start modding it during the Christmas holiday season when it'll take forever for any brick link orders to arrive.

Much like the landing craft (I've since posted up photos of my modded one), it seems to be an unpopular model that no one's readily tackling.

I can say now that it only fits one Mini fig into the cockpit.  You can put more but then it won't close fully.  I'll take a picture tomorrow for you.

11 hours ago, zealottk said:

I can say now that it only fits one Mini fig into the cockpit.  You can put more but then it won't close fully.  I'll take a picture tomorrow for you.

Ah no worries, I'll take your word for it. That's a shame, but at least I know what I'll be dealing with over the Christmas season. Will just have to fill it up with computers and greebling and thanks to your insight now I know not to buy another Bodhi Rook... after all, gotta have an Imperial Cargo Pilot in control of an AT Hauler (bought a custom one-sided head for him off Firestartoys so I could have him more regimented with a cap too... can't have insubordination)  :wink:

So this is my version of the AT Hauler. It is still WIP -  I would like to change some details.

32695102158_2f7c17959d_c.jpg75219 AT Hauler MOD (front view), on Flickr

I widened the section under the cockpit by four studs. The support arms are also extended by four studs. I removed the steering wheel and installed the round plates/disc and add a bigger technic panel.

Now for me it looks better in the porportions.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, Gubi0222 said:

I'm currently working in it in LDD. I lowerd the floor of the cocpkpit and added a few more seats, in a layout such as in the set 75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium. So it could fit 4 minifigs. I changed the mechanism in the arms too. I've tooked out the the technic bars and built in a string and winch in each arm. But I'm not yet figured out, how could I make the best liftarms, tha could hold an At-St and be able to fold up.

I'm countinuing to work on it, and once I get the set I'll make a post with instructions.

Finally my MOD is finished. You can see it here with detailed tutorial included.

Here is my take. it's pretty simple - I was just having fun adding details and filling gaps so that the model looked richer. I wasn't even checking the source material, so this mod is more my idea on how it could look than how it appears in the movie. Nevertheless I assume it looks much better now. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics - I just took them directly from my Lego shelves. 
I have a plan to design a UCS style MOC of this vessel but have to finish two other projects at the moment. I guess I'll start it in the second part of the year.

40121817593_386d516f72_c.jpgIMG_6727 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

33211521208_50dbdb9e4d_c.jpgIMG_6728 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

40121766493_26624723a8_c.jpgIMG_6729 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

40121585403_a25187397f_c.jpgIMG_6735 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

40121679153_586ffc570e_c.jpgIMG_6734 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

40121703263_8ae1ed5f0e_c.jpgIMG_6733 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

47086292981_9de3d78749_c.jpgIMG_6732 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

32144615877_27400f429d_c.jpgIMG_6731 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

46363055264_59fc90327c_c.jpgIMG_6730 by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

Edited by barneius

That looks excellent barneius, definitely need to start upgrading the exterior of mine a bit more too now.

I posted the following in the other AT-Hauler mod thread, but figured I'd post it here too just in case. I've only made really minor changes to the set, for as utilitarian as the ship is, I think it's one of the most complete and detailed representations Lego has done in recent years. Compared to the amount of work I put into the originally-awful Imperial Landing Craft, I was delighted to find myself so happy with what came out of the box on this one.

Anyway, I filled out the cockpit with computers and greebling, which I'm actually really happy with and just tinkered with the outside a little. It's tight and cozy and the Imperial Cargo Pilot can't technically see through the glass, but I figure there's no way in reality you'd be able to haul anything with that ship without it all being based on computer scanners and screens anyway... plus I found a perfect use for a vintage inverted printed AT-ST computer screen on the ceiling (owned this piece for years and never found a functional use for it until now), looks perfect for  lining up the ship to haul AT's!

47095089471_5ac8bb2447_c.jpg

46371612674_9185518f6a_c.jpg

[46371612454_30d09d966e_c.jpg

I changed the doors on the container to white and with the stickers think it looks so much nicer, but that's just a little aesthetic thing.

32153349157_4b7484b92a_c.jpg

The other thing I did was actually configure it to hold an AT-ST with the simplest of techniques... the very technic bar the container is lifted on and 6 standard pins. It connects to the back of the hauler with just an additional bracket and then three pins into the back of the AT-ST. I concede it's probably not robust enough to swoosh around the whole house at any kind of speed and you can feel gravity is having a bit of a fight with it, but as a really simple little playset feature to drop the AT-ST into battle from my son's Imperial base, it works perfect to deploy from one side of the room to the other. Considering I hardly made any changes other than a bracket and 6 pins, I'm actually impressed at how perfectly and easily it all lines up.

Forgive the bad photography, it was hard to do this with one hand!

32153349137_6ac3f1f428_c.jpg

32153349217_8866e3ecc9_c.jpg

46181480365_869b70ceec_c.jpg

32153349257_83436ed122_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust