Sign in to follow this  
Gunman

[AoM]: Patman's Stable

This moc is part of a larger medieval diorama I have, City of Thessaloniki, and also part of GoH challenge, Age of Mitgardia. (stables phase 2)

Hope you like it :)

========================

After Citizens of Euosmos city, reestablishing the City of Thessaloniki, Sir Gunman the Lurikeen invited his old Kaliphlian friend, Sir Patman the Lionmane to come and join him at Thessaloniki.

Few of the newly built buildings, were built for Mitgardian allies,free of charge, in order to show Mitgardian appreciation for their help during Frozen Ages.

One of those allies, is Patman, who accepted the offer, and now has a place to stay (Patman's Cellar) in the City of Thessaloniki, inside Euosmos.

Next to Patman's Cellar, there is also a small stable for him and his needs.

44314488714_8eeb901d04_b.jpg

45034021991_df0abbacdd_b.jpg

30097914787_a3b3d0bda8_b.jpg

45034007221_129bc267c5_b.jpg

I like everything about this build, from the simple but elegant structure to the great fence and gear strewn about it to the shaping of the terrain.  Looking forward to seeing the next phase!  :classic:

14 minutes ago, deraven said:

I like everything about this build, from the simple but elegant structure to the great fence and gear strewn about it to the shaping of the terrain.  Looking forward to seeing the next phase!  :classic:

thanks a lot mate :) I had made phase 3 sometime ago, and I had phase 2 pending xD

phase 3 is here

As weird as it is having Grecian places/names in Mitgardia, I always love a good Gunman build. :P This one is actually pretty straightforward in terms of parts use, Gun.

Looks a bit plain, to be honest, but I realize that that is because it is designed to fit into an enormous display and it needs to match that. It looks like you have done a good job of matching the style of the main build pretty well in the terrain, but as mccoyed says, it is a bit more conventional in part use than we are used to seeing from you! It is good to see Thessaloniki growing!

Good start.  I like the enclosure for the horses except the fact that the door is open horses might get out LOL.  I actually like the landscape reminds me of the wild west in a good way.  

Edited by zoth33

thanks a lot guys :) Ye HQ l have to make some compromises in order to be able to build a bit larger and not instantly run out of stock, thanks a lot! :)

Thank you for the welcoming my friend! It is alwayw a pleasure to visit you! :wink:

Apart from the above, I really liked the stables and the way you placed all the accessories needed. My horses will love to stay there during my visit! :laugh:

Edited by Patgeo

Small, simple build, but it's pleasant to look at and has some great parts usage!

I think this is a great example of a little being a lot.  The lack of huge, tall buildings goes a long way to giving a sense of a more rural area, and it looks like a dry pasture like is seen in the american southwest a lot.  The dark orange plant pieces in the brown tubs is a nice touch.  I like the use of the ladder pieces for textured fences, too.  The lady kind of looks 19th century to me, but I think that may just be the hat.  Where is the dress piece from?  I don't recognize it offhand.  Great job!

Nice details inside the horse pen and lovely cobblestone path!
I agree however that the brown path looks a bit unfinished.

The photography is good as usual, I like the view from straight above :thumbup:

Well this is different than what I expected... but still a good build, and certainly understandable with regards to the diorama. :thumbup: It looks like a properly dirty environment, even if some of the open areas are a bit plain. And the lady looks like she is, how you say, "put together well." :grin:

Speaking of which,

On 10/8/2018 at 10:44 PM, Grover said:

Where is the dress piece from?  I don't recognize it offhand.

That printed slope dress piece is from the princess in 7093 Skeleton Tower (and maybe the Fantasy Era chess set?) The torso piece looks pretty good matched to it.

Good use of those ladder elements for the fence, particularly with how you incorporated posts between the sections :thumbup: The horses look well supplied with oats and water too :classic:

On 10/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, Patgeo said:

Thank you for the welcoming my friend! It is alwayw a pleasure to visit you! :wink:

Apart from the above, I really liked the stables and the way you placed all the accessories needed. My horses will love to stay there during my visit! :laugh:

On 10/3/2018 at 9:29 PM, Windusky said:

Small, simple build, but it's pleasant to look at and has some great parts usage!

On 10/9/2018 at 5:44 AM, Grover said:

I think this is a great example of a little being a lot.  The lack of huge, tall buildings goes a long way to giving a sense of a more rural area, and it looks like a dry pasture like is seen in the american southwest a lot.  The dark orange plant pieces in the brown tubs is a nice touch.  I like the use of the ladder pieces for textured fences, too.  The lady kind of looks 19th century to me, but I think that may just be the hat.  Where is the dress piece from?  I don't recognize it offhand.  Great job!

Thanks a lot Grover, ye the lady maybe is out of era I guess :P I had a steampunk period in mind while puting that hat xd

On 10/9/2018 at 11:37 PM, Gideon said:

Nice details inside the horse pen and lovely cobblestone path!
I agree however that the brown path looks a bit unfinished.

The photography is good as usual, I like the view from straight above :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Gideon :) Ye regarding the roads, and the general landscaping, they need to be a bit plain for economy, those mocs will remain built for much time

On 10/11/2018 at 4:27 AM, Captain Dee said:

Well this is different than what I expected... but still a good build, and certainly understandable with regards to the diorama. :thumbup: It looks like a properly dirty environment, even if some of the open areas are a bit plain. And the lady looks like she is, how you say, "put together well." :grin:

Speaking of which,

That printed slope dress piece is from the princess in 7093 Skeleton Tower (and maybe the Fantasy Era chess set?) The torso piece looks pretty good matched to it.

thanks a lot Captain Dee :)

4 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Good use of those ladder elements for the fence, particularly with how you incorporated posts between the sections :thumbup: The horses look well supplied with oats and water too :classic:

Thanks a lot SK :)