Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[W-OKT] Weelond Oktoberfest annual mini-challenge - RESULTS!

Doldrums may have becalmed the seas of late, but as the soccer tournament begins in Bastion, what better way to celebrate than to pay a visit to the Weelond Oktoberfest!

oktoberfest_2017_centerpiece_480x600.jpg

Weelond’s annual Oktoberfest celebration features food and drink, contests of skill, games and amusements, traditional/historical costumes, food and drink (did we mention food and drink?), and more. So regardless of where you’re from, come to Weelond and have some fun!

Rules:

Your entry should be at least 16x16 and showcase an activity at the Weelond Oktoberfest. This can be a pub scene, a brewer or vendor at work or hosting visitors, stage performances, contests of skill, festivities on the market green, or whatever you can imagine, as long as the build illustrates festival activity at the Weelond Oktoberfest.

In addition to posting your entry in the forum (ideally with a [W-OKT] tag in the title), please post a link to your build in this thread and in the Weelond settlement thread. Entries must be posted by October 31.

Prizes:

Each entry will receive 10DBs, and you can enter as many times as you want.

Entries will be judged on presentation, quality of build, story, fit with Weelond's architectural style, and fit with the Oktoberfest/festival theme. The overall top three entries will earn 150DBs for 1st place, 100DBs for 2nd, and 50DBs for 3rd. An additional 50DBs will be awarded to the best licensable build in each of the following property categories: artrisan, commerce, factory, and residence. Also, 50DBs will be awarded to the best shipboard entry -- because fishermen and sailors party on the water as well as the land!

Weelond will reimburse the builder for licensing costs for any property entry licensed through the EGS. Weelond also offers to purchase (at 3x the license cost) any property a builder does not wish to license.

Yay, Oktoberfest! :pir-classic:

I will enter with a few builds, probably not as many as last year though. There will also be an Oktoberfest in Mesabi Landing (no mini challenge! :pir-grin:), so I will spread my ideas between both settements.

Edited by Drunknok

@Ross Fisher, 10 DBs for entry and 25 DBs for license reimbursement have been transferred to your account.

@Professor Thaum, 10 DBs for entry and 120 DBs for purchase of property have been transferred to your account. (I know you said it was free, but Weelond stands behind its offer; feel free to spend it in one place! :pir-grin:)

@Roadmonkeytj, let me know if you're going to license the BruHaha property.

Just now, Roadmonkeytj said:

What does the settlement need more of small commerce, artisan,  or culture lol? 

It doesn't matter what the settlement needs. I'd say artisan is appropriate for a bar or similar establishment. So go ahead and license as a small artisan.

14 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

It doesn't matter what the settlement needs. I'd say artisan is appropriate for a bar or similar establishment. So go ahead and license as a small artisan.

Will do I'll licence it by end of day! 

@Capt Wolf property is licenced small artisan 

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

17 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

property is licenced small artisan 

10 DBs for entry and 25 DBs for license reimbursement have been transferred to your account.

Just a reminder that the Oktoberfest deadline is less than a week away. While you wait for your ships to come in from the MRCA, come to Weelond and show everyone how to have a good time!

Thanks to everyone who entered! I'll get entry payments out for the later entries soon, and will get judging underway promptly.

The results are in! After judging by a selection of Weelond citizens, the winners are...

... in third place:

@Roadmonkeytj's Bru-Haha

in second place:

@Professor Thaum's Fest Noz

and the overall winner is:

@Drunknok's Drama over a dress

These three entries will receive 50, 100, and 150 DBs respectively.

Additionally, winners of the 50DB prizes for best builds in various property categories are:

@Drunknok for residential

@Roadmonkeytj for artisan

@Professor Thaum for commerce

@Ross Fisher (confessional booth) for art & culture

Thanks to all the participants! DBs will be transferred to your accounts this week. Cheers! :drunk:

Great Contest @Capt Wolf, and I'm glad to see the tradition carry on on the Brick Seas. Thanks for hosting, and I'm sorry I was unable to participate.