Sign in to follow this  
kylendm

[MOC] Micro-scale Leviathan

This is my first ever MOC and I figured i'd try and start small. I've been playing a lot of Knights of the Old Republic lately and thought the Leviathan would be a cool place to start. It wasn't the easiest shape :sceptic: but I think it gets the point across. 

ghjgfhj2.jpg

Here's the reference I used. 

main-qimg-4e9abcdebc02a588acfd955dfd385e

Edited by kylendm

Nice! No means to be harsh, the front looks a little too thick and the engines look out of place, but you did a good job on the overall shaping. 

5 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Nice! No means to be harsh, the front looks a little too thick and the engines look out of place, but you did a good job on the overall shaping. 

Not harsh at all, I agree. I think ill try messing with the shaping again. I redid the whole rear section a bit after I posted this too. I appreciate the critique it's the only way I'll get better!

The slopes definitely helped slim it down a bit. I really want to use a hard slope rather than the curved one for part that leads up to the bridge but then I can't make a slope in the rear to work. 

Here's an attempt with the hard slope.

twV2LRa.png

Edited by kylendm

The second one already is much better, now you need to think what can you do about these huge gaps between slopes.

2 hours ago, Jerac said:

The second one already is much better, now you need to think what can you do about these huge gaps between slopes.

Yeah that's kind of a tricky part for me. I think I managed to fix up most of it though. I also got rid of the wedges on the rear/side and added some more slopes. I think this helped with shaping it a bit more.

cVqXXmB.png

Yeah it actually started to look like the original ship!

Now next area of interest could be engines. The should be roughly flush with end of the ship, not sticking out. 

16 hours ago, Jerac said:

Yeah it actually started to look like the original ship!

Now next area of interest could be engines. The should be roughly flush with end of the ship, not sticking out. 

Agreed. I took some time and played with it a bit and I think I got the engines somewhat figured out. 

NV9jJ4M.png

Thanks for all the help so far guys! The first model looks like a joke by comparison. 

Edited by kylendm

On 10/3/2018 at 3:02 AM, Jerac said:

And that's it! I guess in this scale there is not much else to be done. Good job!

Just saw this. Thanks for the guidance through this. It was pretty fun trying to get it to look somewhat decent. I just saw your x-wing moc and it's beautiful. I might pick up the instructions some day. :thumbup: