supertruper1988

Introducing Iron Horse Brick Co. !

ygy3rX2.jpg?1

We are pleased to introduce, Iron Horse Brick Co.

Founded by LEGO® enthusiasts like you, Iron Horse Brick Co. aims to design, develop and share quality building instructions with scale model fans around the world. We’re confident you’ll find each and every one of our kits to present a unique set of challenges, ultimately leading to a rewarding collection of lifelike locomotives, cars and structures sure to bring the “minifig” rail-fans to your railyard!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to contact us info@ironhorsebrickco.com

Play well!
Aaron Burnett & Cameron Miller
Iron Horse Brick Co.

Here is a quick look at our first 4 models

USRA 0-6-0 with 2 tender options
cFRsBdu.jpg

EMG GP38 
LGjeESG.jpg

FreightCar America BethGon
L84RAYA.jpg

Intermodal Spine Railcar
FdiNQop.jpg

All models are available for purchase and come as a printed booklet with the various extras mentioned on each product page. 
Edited by supertruper1988

I wish you all the best on your new adventure gentlemen! Exciting times right now!!!

8 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I wish you the best of luck...  Would love to see a line of 1920's rolling stock and tracktive power! 

Us too! All of these models are at the 8 studs = 10 feet scale that is used by BMR and many other LUGs. If you have any specific requests, you can send them thru via the contact page. We will be listening to what models folks would like to see. 

Our "Mid-December Update" is a must-read! 2019 previews, boxcars on sale, and for those contemplating that jump to the "wide side" (8-wide), our modern train sets featuring all of our rolling stock and your choice of diesel locomotive is the catalyst you've been waiting for!

https://www.ironhorsebrickco.com/blog/2018/12/6/mid-december-update

21 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

It is great to see you (and others) stepping up and providing top notch models for the AFOL where TLG is not doing so.

Means a lot coming from you! Thanks!

Public Announcement: This is, without a doubt, a difficult and sudden announcement to have to make, but after three short, yet successful months, Iron Horse Brick Co. (IHBC) has reached the “end of the line.”

The community’s reception to our entrance into the scene was mixed. We experienced both positive and negative reactions, and given Cameron and I’s personal ambitions within the hobby, to share quality designs and promote camaraderie and friendships, we feel IHBC is no longer the best avenue to achieve them.

We apologize to those who were looking forward to our future designs, and we thank you all for your support and feedback. Our online store will be open until all of our remaining inventory has been exhausted. Now is the time to purchase!

As always, play well!

Sad to hear.

You guys had some great models both available and in the pipeline. Maybe pricing wasn't always 'right' in the opinion of some, but hey, that's what the free market is all about (even more if you know that the GP-9 by Lionel in O-scale is also USD 549,- !). I understand that we used to be a hobby where everything was for free and instructions could be downloaded without paying a penny, but the hobby is going more and more professional, and part of that is asking money for your own creations. The way how I saw it, is that you guys saw a hole in the market, and IHBC had been (succesfully, I hope!) trying to fill that hole. In economies like ours, that's nothing more than fair, I'd say.

But then again, having a small background in the Model Railroaders scene, I never understood the whole 'giving away for free' scheme that our hobby had. I mean, yes, I also tend to post building techniques every now and then, but I only do that to get people inspired to build their own stuff. If they want to build my creations, than it wouldn't be more than fair that people would also pay for that design. (My standard reaction lately is thus "Yes, I build with my own Legos as a hobby, but no, that doesn't mean I should be giving away everything for free!")

On the other hand, I know that in the US the hobby is more club-based than in Europe, where a lot of the hobby is far more individual, and with loads of ad-hoc groups of friends, or just one guy who goes to a show on his own. My own LUG (lowlug) for example is a very loosly based LUG with almost no obligations as member (ok ok we have some, but it's very loosely organized, trust me). If however your club is more rigid, I can understand that some negative feelings from fellow clubmembers towards your business can really destroy your fun in the hobby. In that case, it's sometimes a smart move to indeed choose friends over of business, definately when building with Legos is/was a hobby to begin with. 

Anyways, I hope you guys will find a way to have fun in the hobby again, in the end, that's indeed the most important part of sticking those plastic bricks on top of each other!

3 hours ago, raised said:

Sad to hear.

You guys had some great models both available and in the pipeline. Maybe pricing wasn't always 'right' in the opinion of some, but hey, that's what the free market is all about (even more if you know that the GP-9 by Lionel in O-scale is also USD 549,- !). I understand that we used to be a hobby where everything was for free and instructions could be downloaded without paying a penny, but the hobby is going more and more professional, and part of that is asking money for your own creations. The way how I saw it, is that you guys saw a hole in the market, and IHBC had been (succesfully, I hope!) trying to fill that hole. In economies like ours, that's nothing more than fair, I'd say.

But then again, having a small background in the Model Railroaders scene, I never understood the whole 'giving away for free' scheme that our hobby had. I mean, yes, I also tend to post building techniques every now and then, but I only do that to get people inspired to build their own stuff. If they want to build my creations, than it wouldn't be more than fair that people would also pay for that design. (My standard reaction lately is thus "Yes, I build with my own Legos as a hobby, but no, that doesn't mean I should be giving away everything for free!")

On the other hand, I know that in the US the hobby is more club-based than in Europe, where a lot of the hobby is far more individual, and with loads of ad-hoc groups of friends, or just one guy who goes to a show on his own. My own LUG (lowlug) for example is a very loosly based LUG with almost no obligations as member (ok ok we have some, but it's very loosely organized, trust me). If however your club is more rigid, I can understand that some negative feelings from fellow clubmembers towards your business can really destroy your fun in the hobby. In that case, it's sometimes a smart move to indeed choose friends over of business, definately when building with Legos is/was a hobby to begin with. 

Anyways, I hope you guys will find a way to have fun in the hobby again, in the end, that's indeed the most important part of sticking those plastic bricks on top of each other!

Thanks for your kind words!

Indeed, this is sad news. Sorry to hear of this outcome. Given all of the hard work you put in, perhaps down the line you could go the route of SWR locomotive works and sell PDF's of your existing instructions on line or via Bricklink. It is unfortunate to lose any source of good designs for the hobby.