Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

10 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Is there a list of which figures have the extra inner bag?

Monkey King, Shower Guy and the Mountain Biker is what I've heard.

52 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Monkey King, Shower Guy and the Mountain Biker is what I've heard.

But with TLM2, didn’t it become random?

I do seem to recall there was some randomness reported. I do believe the figures with fabric had them, though, then an odd one like the Cowardly Lion.

Edited by K_Tiger

That sounds right, none of the five tlm2 figures I got had the extra plastic (crayon suit, giraffe suit, watermelon suit, kitty pop, and golfing business) 

The Brothes-Brick feel guide had their Crayon Suits and Kitty Pops coming with inner bags, which I now seem to recall my Kitty Pop doing as well. I guess we'll see next week, though I suspect the figures with cloth pieces WILL be in bags.

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

But with TLM2, didn’t it become random?

I think any randomness with TLM2 was because it was the first series with the new packaging. There wasn’t any reports of random inner bags with Disney series 2. 

I remember my Swamp Creature from TLM2 Series had an inner bag, with the whip being separate from the other parts. The tails from Kitty Pop and Cowardly Lion were also separate. Could be because all those parts are made from a softer plastic, and thus are made somewhere else in production like the textile elements. And even though the crayon suit is hard plastic, there must be something about it, perhaps the dual-molding process, that made it necessary to be produced separately.

It makes sense for the Shower Guy, Monkey King, and Mountain Biker to have an inner bag with this context: the towel skirt for the Shower Guy, the rubber bike tires for the Mountain Biker, and both the cloth element and the tail for the Monkey King.

17 minutes ago, telaruhn said:

I remember my Swamp Creature from TLM2 Series had an inner bag, with the whip being separate from the other parts. The tails from Kitty Pop and Cowardly Lion were also separate. Could be because all those parts are made from a softer plastic, and thus are made somewhere else in production like the textile elements. And even though the crayon suit is hard plastic, there must be something about it, perhaps the dual-molding process, that made it necessary to be produced separately.

It makes sense for the Shower Guy, Monkey King, and Mountain Biker to have an inner bag with this context: the towel skirt for the Shower Guy, the rubber bike tires for the Mountain Biker, and both the cloth element and the tail for the Monkey King.

If that holds true, then the Fox Suit Girl should have a an inner pouch, too.

2 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

https://youtu.be/_U4OFU4r2To

Just because I'm curious... This reviewer opens the Fox Suit Girl at around 12:30 and she doesn't have the inner bag. So there's definitely something going on with the manufacturing process that's not a sure thing... It's a shame he edits out the building process to showcase the tail's flexible nature, which is assumed since all other tails of that kind have been made of softer plastic. I'm fairly certain the Gardener's flamingo is also made of a softer plastic, but the opening video shows that it is not separate. Hopefully someday, LEGO will give us context on these packaging changes; I'd love to hear it!

I forgot to mention - I like how the Monkey King's tail has gold painted on the front of the part, akin to how Scrooge's McDuck's tail from Disney Series 2 was painted with blue. Little details like that make all the difference to me!

1 hour ago, telaruhn said:

Hopefully someday, LEGO will give us context on these packaging changes; I'd love to hear it!

Agreed!

29 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:
1 hour ago, telaruhn said:

Hopefully someday, LEGO will give us context on these packaging changes; I'd love to hear it!

Agreed!

For the Collectable Minifigure theme's tenth anniversary and the presumed release of Series 20 next year, I'm sure designers Tara Wike and Austin Carlson will be sitting down for another interview with RLFM sites at 2020's Fan Media Days, much like they'd done at 2018's event for the release of Series 18 and the Minifigure's fortieth anniversary; so, many of those RLFMs will be definitely taking questions from fans to ask them! :classic:

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Well the one I got didn't have one. I got six different figures and the Monkey King was the only one with a inner bag (of the ones that I have got). 

22 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well a local Meijer store put out a box, and I grabbed six that I wanted. (Explore, monkey king, fright knight, pizza guy, bounty Hunter & fox suit) 

Just a reminder of the ones I have gotten. 

It bears remembering that the fox/wolf tail is thicker and hangs closer to the body than the tail that Monkey King uses - which is also the same one used in TLM2 series. It’s possible that the long skinny monkey/cat tail is just considered more fragile or made in a different factory. 

Does anyone know if the chameleon when placed on studs can allow bricks on either side? Sometimes animals are 1.5 or 1.2 wide but this one looks smaller. 

Awesome review. I rely on Jang almost as much as Whitefang when it comes to reviewing things. Cannot wait for Sunday!

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Does anyone know if the chameleon when placed on studs can allow bricks on either side? Sometimes animals are 1.5 or 1.2 wide but this one looks smaller. 

I’m not entirely sure (I own one now) the chameleon is small like you said, I’ll check tomorrow.

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Skip to 6:27 in the video @Digger of Bricks posted.

8 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Does anyone know if the chameleon when placed on studs can allow  bricks on either side? Sometimes animals are 1.5 or 1.2 wide but this one looks smaller. 

The new chameleon is about the size of a 1×3 brick. So you could make a small cage to trap it if you want to do something like that. The chameleon attaches to stud in the middle, but the tail can get in the way of another stud top. If you are going to angle the creature for whatever reason. 

On 8/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, telaruhn said:

https://youtu.be/_U4OFU4r2To

Just because I'm curious... This reviewer opens the Fox Suit Girl at around 12:30 and she doesn't have the inner bag. So there's definitely something going on with the manufacturing process that's not a sure thing... It's a shame he edits out the building process to showcase the tail's flexible nature, which is assumed since all other tails of that kind have been made of softer plastic. I'm fairly certain the Gardener's flamingo is also made of a softer plastic, but the opening video shows that it is not separate. Hopefully someday, LEGO will give us context on these packaging changes; I'd love to hear it!

I forgot to mention - I like how the Monkey King's tail has gold painted on the front of the part, akin to how Scrooge's McDuck's tail from Disney Series 2 was painted with blue. Little details like that make all the difference to me!

I’d have to check, but it appears like the Fox Suit Girl has the same tail as Rocket from the Marvel theme. It’s a more sturdy & thick tail, not prone to damage from fingers feeling around. 

10 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

The new chameleon is about the size of a 1×3 brick. So you could make a small cage to trap it if you want to do something like that. The chameleon attaches to stud in the middle, but the tail can get in the way of another stud top. If you are going to angle the creature for whatever reason. 

Do we know is this chameleon a new mold or just a different print of the friends chameleon?

23 minutes ago, Vorkosigan said:

Do we know is this chameleon a new mold or just a different print of the friends chameleon?

New mold.

1 hour ago, Vorkosigan said:

The animal moulds made for minidoll sets are not used outside those with the exception of the little "sparrow" mould. Minidoll sets sometime uses minifig animals, but usually they make there own mould for the animal. Lately it has been a trend that a animal gets a minidoll mould like the chameleon then later a minifig one :shrug_oh_well:

These have arrived in Australia as I picked up all the ones I was after last night. My favourites are the Bounty Hunter, Dog poop girl, Explorer and Mummy Queen. The pug and the chameleon are great little animals (not so keen on the sausage dog).

Interesting that these are not made exclusively in China anymore. The quality has certainly improved a great deal since some of the early series.

53 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

These have arrived in Australia as I picked up all the ones I was after last night. My favourites are the Bounty Hunter, Dog poop girl, Explorer and Mummy Queen. The pug and the chameleon are great little animals (not so keen on the sausage dog).

Interesting that these are not made exclusively in China anymore. The quality has certainly improved a great deal since some of the early series.

Definitely not a pug. Leg has only been producing pieces in China since 2015.