Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

On 8/19/2019 at 3:29 PM, K_Tiger said:

Officially in Walmart's computer, but none around here has them in stock yet. SKU: 736691856

Bother. I reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy want some NOW!

And it's looking like I'll have to wait a week! Or more!

NOT FAIR, LEGO!

16 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

There's a review over on stonewars.de. The face print on the mummy looks to be pretty badly out of register. Whether it's just a bad one, they're all lousy, or it's just the pitfalls of macro-photography pointing out flaws you likely won't see even with good eye sight remains to be seen. :shrug_oh_well:

Well, they are just starting the printing runs. I'd be willing to bet a case of Simpsons Series 2 that the next run will be significantly better, with clearer printing and stuff. I remember that when the LEGO Movie 2 series first came out, all the minifigures I got in the first month had fuzzy faces and not-quite-clear printing, but after a month when Walmart got a new shipment in, the printing had improved drastically. So hopefully we'll see that with these...

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Some decent parts and alright figures but maybe its time for Lego to make contact with @Robert8 and start contract negotiations.

I know, right? About 30+ people have told him that, but he always says that he's a chemist, not a designer! It's a shame...I'd shell out the big bucks for LEGO to officially produce some of his Series N minifigs!

Not my pic, but I was gonna do it as soon as I had her in-hand anyway.

1566336691286.jpg

4 hours ago, CMFanatic said:

Bother. I reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy want some NOW! 

And it's looking like I'll have to wait a week! Or more!

Yeah, I'll be checking Brickseek a couple of times a day until I get my grubby hands on them.

Edited by K_Tiger

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Not my pic, but I was gonna do it as soon as I had her in-hand anyway.

<snip>

A lot of the animal costumes seem to have face opening that fit the dimensions of that minifig head print. I'm guessing that by now there is a standard template that designers sculpt on top of for these things.

It does look like there are some issues with the printing on this series

In this one it even looks like the eyebrows were printed over the glasses

48589704006_985f4bda09_z.jpg

Last time I recall something like this it was on Batman Movie Series 1

Edited by Robert8

On 8/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, ToaIruini said:

I really hope so... looking back I don’t quite the hazmat’s legs. Thanks, now I need to buy two Fox girls :grin:

I think I’ll have to get a hazmat guy.

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It does look like there are some issues with the printing on this series

In this one it even looks like the eyebrows were printed over the glasses

My copy of this figure is fine 

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Indeed, quite likely if the lighting there isn't deceiving us, hence why I hadn't mentioned it alongside the boots and hat. :classic:

I must say, the change in color of the rope slung across this figure's torso design isn't at all upsetting for me, as the product render's red rope slightly placed the archetype into a more modern context, whereas the brown rope makes the overall design all the more vintage! :thumbup:

I think it makes more sense too.

51 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Did it get found out why the leaked sheet of all the minifigs had the amount of minifigs as 16/17/18?

It was a digitally edited ‘watermark’ that one of the original leakers put on their image. There are other leaks of the sheet with the real 16/16/16 numbers. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

It was a digitally edited ‘watermark’ that one of the original leakers put on their image. There are other leaks of the sheet with the real 16/16/16 numbers. 

Ahhh thank you :thumbup:

Btw, I changed my profile pic to #3 of the top three most-liked minifigure from this series - so far.

Saw some photos on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Series-19-Minifigures-Complete-Set-of-16-71025-In-Hand-Ready-To-Ship/133147515543?epid=0&hash=item1f0035da97:g:S4UAAOSwjBRdXHI9

So apparently LEGO is going to continue this new trend of including extra pieces with some minifigures - something that they only recently restarted with The LEGO Movie 2 Series, after dropping it after Series 2. (Waaaaay back in 2010!) The Ghost Knight/Frightening Knight minifigure will have an extra transparent blue sword and transparent blue plume. Monkey King dude is going to have an extra crest piece, an extra red rod and an extra gold lightsaber hilt.

Also, what do ya'll think about those clear plastic "inner packets" that they're using for some of the minifigures? I thought LEGO was trying to become more "environmentally friendly", and that is one thing that will now add hundred of pounds more to the Great Atlantic Garbage Patch and our trash dumps.....any thoughts? Did they really have to put them in there? Would it be better if they just removed them?

Edited by CMFanatic

I don't particularly like them, but they speed up the process when sussing out who is in the bag. I have more beef with the cheap, thin paper the inserts are now printed on.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

I don't particularly like them, but they speed up the process when sussing out who is in the bag. I have more beef with the cheap, thin paper the inserts are now printed on.

So right about that! I would rather they had kept the whole old system - even though we wouldn't get extra pieces, it would be worth it. The newer posters are literally onion-skin-paper-thin (ha! it rhymes!) and tear/fade/wash out REALLY easily. (I had one in my wallet when I went into a lake recently, and though an old-style one would have been OK, the newer ones just faded like crazy and tore like mad. Damn.) 

The plastic packets are helpful for ID-ing them faster - you can get to know who has the inner packaging and who doesn't and it speed the process exponentially. BUT, in view of LEGO's newfangled "environmental awareness" program, I'm surprised that they switched to this newfangled and uses-more-plastic system of packaging! Come on, LEGO! Stick to your commitments.

1 hour ago, CMFanatic said:

The plastic packets are helpful for ID-ing them faster - you can get to know who has the inner packaging and who doesn't and it speed the process exponentially. BUT, in view of LEGO's newfangled "environmental awareness" program, I'm surprised that they switched to this newfangled and uses-more-plastic system of packaging! Come on, LEGO! Stick to your commitments.

I assume that the inner bags somehow allow them to speed up/ streamline the packaging process - perhaps the extra waste is offset somewhere else in manufacturing? It would be nice if Lego could explain the decision. 

On 8/21/2019 at 5:58 AM, Robert8 said:

Last time I recall something like this it was on Batman Movie Series 1

I actually had printing rub off the legs on a Batman series 2 CMF when I was holding it.

19 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Anything about the packets or plastic is forgivable as long as the minifigs are good. 

Tru dat.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:15 PM, CMFanatic said:

So right about that! I would rather they had kept the whole old system - even though we wouldn't get extra pieces, it would be worth it. The newer posters are literally onion-skin-paper-thin (ha! it rhymes!) and tear/fade/wash out REALLY easily. (I had one in my wallet when I went into a lake recently, and though an old-style one would have been OK, the newer ones just faded like crazy and tore like mad. Damn.) 

I like the extra pieces. Also it seems the new packaging is cheaper, considering the abundance of pieces in some of these minifigures and including an entire bike with one!

On 8/21/2019 at 12:34 AM, gedren_y said:

A lot of the animal costumes seem to have face opening that fit the dimensions of that minifig head print. I'm guessing that by now there is a standard template that designers sculpt on top of for these things.

Indeed. It’s a bit tricky to see in this picture, but I did the same with Dragon Suit Guy when it came out.

Back to S19 talk, any more UK sightings apart from Tesco?

17 minutes ago, Vorkosigan said:

Is there a list of which figures have the extra inner bag?

Hasn’t it usually been the ones with fabric pieces? That means probably Shower Guy and Monkey King.

Well a local Meijer store put out a box, and I grabbed six that I wanted. (Explore, monkey king, fright knight, pizza guy, bounty Hunter & fox suit)