Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

I just learned a new word: "Belated".

Nothing to worry about, Whitefang, you've been doing an amazing job throughout the years.

6 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

I just learned a new word: "Belated".

Nothing to worry about, Whitefang, you've been doing an amazing job throughout the years.

Yeah, it's quite unusual. 
Btw I'll wait too. 
Fantastic reviews are them.

Thanks guys. I don’t know how it will eventually turn out. Let’s see and hope for the best. 

What kind of face is that on the Bounty Hunter? :wacko:

Edited by Robert8

42 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What kind of face is that on the Bounty Hunter? :wacko:

I know right?! It looks so strange, I’m going to get a physical copy before I make a definite judgement.

Hmmmmmmmmm :look:

This isn't the same guy

66444627_2342703539149046_8688693919803235186_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.comlego-71025-kopfgeldjaeger.jpg

Edited by Robert8

6 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I don't wanna start a fight... but the knight seems a SHE to me.

You know, I thought the printing looked feminine as well. Might pick up a spare because of that.

Just now, Robert8 said:

*snip*

Hmmm, indeed. Last minute design change, I imagine. Hopefully there's not an actual variation.

Edited by K_Tiger

Just now, K_Tiger said:

You know, I thought the printing looked feminine as well. Might pick up a spare because of that.

This means every box will contain 32 male characters and 28 female, approaching to the 1:1 ratio.

4 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I imagine. Hopefully there's not an actual variation.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by Robert8

That bounty hunter face color is really weird, even for LEGO.

Some lightblue/greyish face with pink highlights on the eyes/hair, kind of organic and alien-like, nothing robot-like, but some unknown species.

Also as noted before, a drastic change from the original rendered color scheme on the suit itself, and I don't think that made it better :sceptic:

Edited by TeriXeri

The issue here is like he almost looks like a Blacktron I character with a Blacktron II color scheme

The face looks like he either very sick or wearing some sort of glam make-up

Either that or the picture is a custom and the guy wanted some quick Instagram likes because no one has revealed the minifigure head yet.

2 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Either that or the picture is a custom and the guy wanted some quick Instagram likes because no one has revealed the minifigure head yet.

Uh-oh.....That would NOT be good for future credibility of "preview" images. 

Btw. how come people in Canada have cases of Series 19 already but poor me hasn't seen so much as a single one, anywhere? (I did a 30-mile sweep of the local LEGO-selling stores today. And....nada. Zilch. Nothing.) It seems unfair....I know that LEGO tends to release the cases a month early in New Zealand (don't ask me why, i don't know) but I thought they'd gotten over releasing them earlier in other countries. Sooooo unfair...I am sitting here practically drooling for them.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This isn't the same guy

66444627_2342703539149046_8688693919803235186_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.comlego-71025-kopfgeldjaeger.jpg

Robert8, the top one looks custom printed or made. Maybe it's the image quality, but it really doesn't look real to me. I can't even see the little LEGO part numbering on the side of the pistol facing the camera, and I believe that piece has numbers on both sides. (I make brickfilms, so I monitor what shows up on camera.) Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

Uh-oh.....That would NOT be good for future credibility of "preview" images. 

Btw. how come people in Canada have cases of Series 19 already but poor me hasn't seen so much as a single one, anywhere? (I did a 30-mile sweep of the local LEGO-selling stores today. And....nada. Zilch. Nothing.) It seems unfair....I know that LEGO tends to release the cases a month early in New Zealand (don't ask me why, i don't know) but I thought they'd gotten over releasing them earlier in other countries. Sooooo unfair...I am sitting here practically drooling for them.

Robert8, the top one looks custom printed or made. Maybe it's the image quality, but it really doesn't look real to me. I can't even see the little LEGO part numbering on the side of the pistol facing the camera, and I believe that piece has numbers on both sides. (I make brickfilms, so I monitor what shows up on camera.) Just a thought.

I mean Lepin is fast at designing and producing sets so could be Lepin? 

Just now, J4ck said:

I mean Lepin is fast at designing and producing sets so could be Lepin? 

Could be. I personally think LEGO should sue Lepin and shut them down - but it would be like playing a game of "Pop Goes The Weasel", because as soon as one off-brand could be shut down, another would pop up in its place. If you search for Lepin on Google, over 6 million results pop up. Crazy.....

When I searched on Lepin's website, though, no Series 19 anything appeared in my searches.

I have heard an un-authenticated rumor that LEGO actually owns Lepin, or allows its Chinese factories to produce it, thus allowing them to sell to the lower class of "I-don't-care-if-it's-LEGO-or-not-I-just-want-the-bricks". Also, it would allow LEGO to sell things and make money (ie., light sets and IDEAS set copies) without having to stray from their official creed.

But I squashed the idea in the bud. (Well, I tried to.) Maybe if someone could pull up some hard evidence of who owns the off-brands, I could really prove it to the disbeliever that LEGO doesn't own Lepin. Then LEGO could sue Lepin for blatantly ignoring LEGO's global copyrights and stuff. I'd love that.

Those are screenshots from the review video

The guy made the "opening bags" video and it was the official LEGO box, with the LEGO logo on it

The quality of the video is terrible, but yeah these are the real deal

Edited by Robert8

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The guy made the "opening bags" video and it was the official LEGO box, with the LEGO logo on it

Mannnn......I was almost convinced to move that Bounty Hunter up a notch, too...

Looks like they've been spotted in Toys'R'us. Check your local shops in case they've also put them out early.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This isn't the same guy

Maybe this is the mysterious extra 17th figure. :roflmao: Wow, that's a very different figure there. I don't know if I like the helmet more, but the torso is dire.

1 hour ago, CMFanatic said:

Could be. I personally think LEGO should sue Lepin and shut them down - but it would be like playing a game of "Pop Goes The Weasel", because as soon as one off-brand could be shut down, another would pop up in its place. If you search for Lepin on Google, over 6 million results pop up. Crazy.....

When I searched on Lepin's website, though, no Series 19 anything appeared in my searches.

I have heard an un-authenticated rumor that LEGO actually owns Lepin, or allows its Chinese factories to produce it, thus allowing them to sell to the lower class of "I-don't-care-if-it's-LEGO-or-not-I-just-want-the-bricks". Also, it would allow LEGO to sell things and make money (ie., light sets and IDEAS set copies) without having to stray from their official creed.

But I squashed the idea in the bud. (Well, I tried to.) Maybe if someone could pull up some hard evidence of who owns the off-brands, I could really prove it to the disbeliever that LEGO doesn't own Lepin. Then LEGO could sue Lepin for blatantly ignoring LEGO's global copyrights and stuff. I'd love that.

Lego doesn’t allow them to produce goods, they won $600,000 in the Chinese courts and Lepin was raided. They are owned by a parent company, that parent company also owns another brand of building blocks that buys designs off of fans, if the fans refused, Lepin stole the designs. Lego has their factory in China with their own stores doing well. Lego is now been recognised as an established brand in Asia. I believe Lego cracking the Asian market will be the final blow or at least knocking them to their knees.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

[insert video here]

Awww man! The bounty hunter looks a lot better in the product “photos” :hmpf_bad:

18 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Awww man! The bounty hunter looks a lot better in the product “photos” :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, the render design is a lot better.  I'm also not sure if the sickly, unmasked Vader look of the face is intentional, or just LEGO's inability to print light-on-dark properly. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

That's something I still cant wrap my mind around. If they know it will look that bad, why do they keep designing minifigures that way? Just use a regular yellow head like the S3 Space Villain.

Also, they did print yellow and white on a black head for the S14 Skeleton Guy and it doesnt look as bad as that. Actually, the Skeleton Guy's head looks really good. 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This isn't the same guy

Huh, concerningly odd I must say. It's as if they scraped the Blacktron I color scheme of Black/Yellow/Dark Red for one of Black/Titanium Metallic/Lime Green more in the vein of Blacktron II. :wacko: I really hope that truly isn't the case, as I much preferred what we were promised. :sad:

6 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Thanks guys. I don’t know how it will eventually turn out. Let’s see and hope for the best. 

Your uncertainty regarding this is kinda concerning me for some reason. :look: