Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

The more I look at the fire warden lady, the more I dislike her. I would have really liked a classic ‘fireman’ archetype with an orange uniform, hat with badge, and maybe a new accessory like a printed fire extinguisher. Kind of like they did with series 9 police officer, a more different take on existing city figure. 

I'm not sure what they could do in the way of a firefighter minifigure that they haven't already done in the City sets. Maybe tan turnout gear, or a smokejumper? I have a feeling the accessories would be more important than the figure itself, in this case.

Edited by K_Tiger

10 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

There are two shows.
When Benioff and Weiss follow the books: it's a books adaptation done quite well and a very great show.
When the books were over and Benioff and Weiss invented the story from scratch (basically after who-you-know's death): a crappy show with poor ideas.

Voldemort wasn’t in GOT silly!

(I agree with your comment nearly 100%)

On 8/2/2019 at 12:58 AM, MAB said:

There is just too much going on with that jacket for me. It looks more like a pyjama shirt. Shame, as the T-shirt underneath is nice.

Before the hi-res photos, Gamer guy was my number one pick but not anymore. I feel exactly the same way as you do about the jacket and t-shirt. So from the top of my list, its now off it.

Time to share my thoughts.

1. Let's Player 7/10 - So we're getting a jacksepticeye minifigure when he had green hair, lots of reference and the more I'm getting annoyed of seeing them and not seeing an original space theme. I like the jacket thought it's a very poor choice of blue, I think the normal blue could had look a lot better, especially sense he's wearing a classic space jacket. I agree with @Itaria No Shintaku about the tile for the game is way too big, a 1 x 2 (maybe a 2 x 2) tile should been used, and we finally gotten that controller we been seeing on LEGO website on the game section.

2. Shower Guy 5/10 - Though I like that there nothing on the minifig body to he can fit into the beach, but at the same time I don't like it because this is the CMF and he's bland outside from the tower, they should have took the idea from @Robert8 Series O shower guy by having some drops of water and soap. I do like the duck in a different color, sense we're already getting yellow in City. 

3. Ghostly Knight - Fantastic minifigure, despite that I'm not a fan of the face and the trans-light blue sword

4. Monkey King 9/10 - Besides the creepy grin face, it's a pretty great looking minifigure and to be fair, you can't really do much with the accessory 

5. Robotics Engineer 2/10- Booooring, who be seen in a city set if it wasn't for the shirt in binary to make LEGO, they could had at least change the hair color to an unlikely one we would get like tan or dark orange. (despite that I do not like that hair piece)

6. Mummy Lady 8/10 - I agree with all that @Robert8 said about the mummy, though I don't like the cheap accessory, I would had like if the accessory was the return of the Serpent Staff or Shield Scarab in copper.

7. Johnny Thunder 6/10 - "This is what we're getting for the Adventurer 2 years late 20th anniversary is it..."     Honestly I do like how they got a minifigure to go long with another in the same series. Like the other two said, the accessory is pretty cheap (we know that animal is hinting at Disney CMF series 3) and the minifigure overall is ok.

8. Firefighter 3/10 - I already know the exact reason they made this is for that named City character in that new show. With this being in the CMF and it being female, they could had made the torso female shape and stand out from all the firefighter uniform we're getting from the city sets, sense we're already getting a lot of that torso in that theme.

9. Dog Sitter 5/10 - Poop...    they made a new piece that is poop...   "We could have use the money to many a new headwear for Johnny Thunder clone or new hair for the coder or something better than the rainbow bear, BUT WE NEED THAT POOP!" Besides that poop rant, the new dog is really nice but minifigure is a down right can seen is any city sets, they could had done something to make it fit the Dog Sitter like they did with the Dog Show Winner, even just a single dog treat, it's still something.  

10. Pizza Guy - "Wow a Pizza Costume, didn't see that one coming" besides me dislike of he costume figures, there nothing bad about this guy, I do like the face and I kinda hoping that the pizza printing is also on the back...   you all know why.

11. Bounty Hunter 8/10- I honestly though I wasn't gonna like this figure, but it's really great looking outside of the helmet printing, that part looks pretty boring, and I agree with the other two who doing this that the Wanted Holo should had been something other than Mr. Smile.

12. Retiree 2/10 - This is 2nd worse, as @Robert8 said, this could have been in any city set, if they wanted to make get a Flamingo into CMF, they could had easily do a Zoo Keeper Guy (sense we already gotten a female Zoo Keeper long ago)

13. Rugby Player 5/10 - Nice to see LEGO doing sports stuff that I don't know of or forgot they even existed, the minifigure is nice with the face kinda looking like he's about to pass out from lack of sleep. We already know what that ball is gonna be reuse for. Though sense they already made a football player, I'm guessing the next one is gonna be called 'red football player' like with the red cheerleader.

14. Fox Suit Girl 6/10 - I don't like costumes minifigures, this one is okay and I see we're not getting a LEGO Movie series 3 CMF. The chicken is nice being a different color.

15. Rainbow Bear 1/10 - The is honestly the worse in this series, it's painfully obvious that this was thrown in the last minute. Though the rainbow tile is nice, it doesn't save it.

16. BMX Biker 7/10 - "I can already see the Australian hating this minifigure :pir_tong2:"  It's an alright minifig with that nice looking hair/helmet combo, really didn't think we would see a dirt bike being used in CMF (latter we be seeing a motorcycle).Though the glasses are the only thing I don't like, really not a fan of it.

This series honestly feel like a lazy way to bring in new accessory and headwear for licensed CMF and sets (mostly city), only three minifig (Monkey King, Mummy and Lat's Player) stand out in this series while the others are just boring, the series is really disappointing. I really hope that series 20 will make a comeback.

Hmm, seems to be quite a bit of a weaker lineup than the older unbranded CMF figures.

That being said, I love the Blacktron Bounty hunter. I'll definitely be getting one of him or her. Other highlights for me: The pizza dude has a really funny face and might be worth it for that alone. Its great to see Johnny Thunder back in action.

11 minutes ago, Leverandon said:

Hmm, seems to be quite a bit of a weaker lineup than the older unbranded CMF figures.

That being said, I love the Blacktron Bounty hunter. I'll definitely be getting one of him or her. Other highlights for me: The pizza dude has a really funny face and might be worth it for that alone. Its great to see Johnny Thunder back in action.

Blacktron is a he.

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

Blacktron is a he.

Ah thanks. I wasn't sure if we've seen a picture of his face under the helmet.

Just now, Leverandon said:

Ah thanks. I wasn't sure if we've seen a picture of his face under the helmet.

We haven’t but there’s no curves on the torso which the vast majority of the time means Male. I think I know which leaked minifigure head is for the bounty hunter but I’m only speculating.

I’m quite satisfied with this serie: I think I will easily buy 8 or 9 in the lot

even though many people in this forum consider that there are too many « city figures » and that they could be included in City sets instead (the fire woman for example), well the fact is that in City sets (which I don’t buy much) and Modulars (for which I’m a HUGE fan) don’t always have enough of those specific figures (for instance - in Fire Brigade: not much of a real firefighter in uniform); so I take advantage of the CMF series to « bonify » my Modular environment. Also, the CMF are inevitably more detailed than the minifigures included in sets. I agree that the ratio city figures vs monsters vs fantasy vs pirates vs costumes vs castle etc could be more equilibrated - for instance, not more than 4 « city figures » per serie (that would be good for my wallet... !) That way, a larger part of this forum would find their interest in each collection

what do you think ?  I can’t wait for September 1st !

Edited by Hippocampe

47 minutes ago, J4ck said:

We haven’t but there’s no curves on the torso which the vast majority of the time means Male. I think I know which leaked minifigure head is for the bounty hunter but I’m only speculating.

The firefighter, Fox suit, and puppy pooper scooper are all female but have no visible curves. At this stage the Bounty Hunter is still a ‘him or her’. 

8 minutes ago, williejm said:

The firefighter, Fox suit, and puppy pooper scooper are all female but have no visible curves. At this stage the Bounty Hunter is still a ‘him or her’. 

I did say “vast majority” didn’t I?

Like everyone else is saying, the alternate grinning face on the Monkey King is quite frightening, I don't know much about the character, wether he's good or evil, but that expression genuinely looks quite malicious/maniacal.

4 hours ago, Hippocampe said:

I’m quite satisfied with this serie: I think I will easily buy 8 or 9 in the lot

even though many people in this forum consider that there are too many « city figures » and that they could be included in City sets instead (the fire woman for example), well the fact is that in City sets (which I don’t buy much) and Modulars (for which I’m a HUGE fan) don’t always have enough of those specific figures (for instance - in Fire Brigade: not much of a real firefighter in uniform); so I take advantage of the CMF series to « bonify » my Modular environment. Also, the CMF are inevitably more detailed than the minifigures included in sets. I agree that the ratio city figures vs monsters vs fantasy vs pirates vs costumes vs castle etc could be more equilibrated - for instance, not more than 4 « city figures » per serie (that would be good for my wallet... !) That way, a larger part of this forum would find their interest in each collection

what do you think ?  I can’t wait for September 1st !

I do this as well, one focus of my buying habits with CMF’s is different city folk....but not firemen. There’s plenty of those to last a lifetime. I much prefer the more obscure ones, like the lumberjack, gangster, “Big Boy” waiter, and the like, that wouldn’t otherwise likely show up in sets. 

Can anyone help me make a list of all the new pieces introduced with this series? for what I can see there are 9 new pieces

Poop, dog, flamingo, monkey king hair, fox mask, firefighter + hair combo, controller, biker helmet+hair combo, rugby ball

Isn't only 9 new pieces kind of low for a regular CMF?

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

I did say “vast majority” didn’t I?

Yes. After you’d said ‘Blacktron is a he.’

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Can anyone help me make a list of all the new pieces introduced with this series? for what I can see there are 9 new pieces

Poop, dog, flamingo, monkey king hair, fox mask, firefighter + hair combo, controller, biker helmet+hair combo, rugby ball

By 'new pieces', I take it you mean new moulds, not recolours, new prints or different capes.

If so, I think the chameleon is new. There have been LEGO chameleons before, but not for System AFAIK. 

The Fox Woman's tail might be new but I'm not sure. The Chima fox tail went straight back, but this one goes off to the minifigure's right. 

Edited by AmperZand
Fox Woman's tail

Fox Woman's tail was shown in TLM2 and is the Rocket Raccoon one

I didn't know that chameleon was new....  

There is also a chance the shoulder piece from the Bounty Hunter might be new. I know it looks like the Sons of Garmadon one just backwards, but sometimes LEGO releases pieces that are slightly altered versions of other pieces, like the baby head

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Fox Woman's tail was shown in TLM2 and is the Rocket Raccoon one

I didn't know that chameleon was new....  

There is also a chance the shoulder piece from the Bounty Hunter might be new. I know it looks like the Sons of Garmadon one just backwards, but sometimes LEGO releases pieces that are slightly altered versions of other pieces, like the baby head

Shoulder piece is not new, it’s from nexo knights I believe. The bounty hunter has zero new molds:cry3: 

The red book cover looks slick though 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Yes. After you’d said ‘Blacktron is a he.’

Exactly. You got my point then?

On 8/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, Robert8 said:

7. Adventurer - I'm glad they brought him back. His accesory is kind of a let down. I would like something more Adventurers-like. Maybe the red gem and the solar disc?   7/10

Despite his intentional resemblance to Johnny Thunder, it doesn't look like Lego will be branding this CMF as an Adventurer, as JB Spielwaren lists him as a "Jungle Explorer" instead. So, I feel there's still hope for a properly represented Adventurer archetype down the road in a future Series. :classic:

I think this is a solid series and its disappointing to see all the complaining. For me there are two good figures I want multiples of (Blacktron an Fright Night), and plenty of figures I want one of. Only about 5 that are a complete pass. I think the level of detail and amount of accessories in this series is great except for just a couple exceptions. It also seems to provide a good variety of figures across themes. 

On 8/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, KevinMD said:

Voldemort wasn’t in GOT silly!

(I agree with your comment nearly 100%)

That made me actually laugh.
And don't say his name.

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

• Gamer's controller
  • Monkey king's hair
  • Monkey king's feather
  • Monkey king's robes (cloth element)
  • Adventurer's chameleon
  • Fire Chief's hair-hat combo
  • Dog Sitter's dachshund
  • Dog Sitter's poop
  • Retiree's flamingo
  • Rugby Player's ball
  • Fox Suit Girl's mask
  • Biker's helmet-hair combo

My count's 12, counting new cloth element designs. Shower-Time Guy's towel appears to be an made from existing cloth element pattern, whereas the Monkey King's cloth element has never been seen before. With all that in consideration, the total number of new elements in Series 19 is on the lower end of the usual. In comparison to the most recent non-themed numbered series, S15 had 15 new elements, S16 had 14, and S17 had 15. You wouldn't think 2-3 new elements would make a difference...

The Monkey King is the first figure with three new elements in a very long time. It's no wonder his staff is made of common parts, but what else would you do for his staff?

2 minutes ago, telaruhn said:
  • Gamer's controller
  • Monkey king's hair
  • Monkey king's feather
  • Monkey king's robes (cloth element)
  • Adventurer's chameleon
  • Fire Chief's hair-hat combo
  • Dog Sitter's dachshund
  • Dog Sitter's poop
  • Retiree's flamingo
  • Rugby Player's ball
  • Fox Suit Girl's mask
  • Biker's helmet-hair combo

My count's 12, counting new cloth element designs. Shower-Time Guy's towel appears to be an made from existing cloth element pattern, whereas the Monkey King's cloth element has never been seen before. With all that in consideration, the total number of new elements in Series 19 is on the lower end of the usual. In comparison to the most recent non-themed numbered series, S15 had 15 new elements, S16 had 14, and S17 had 15. You wouldn't think 2-3 new elements would make a difference...

The Monkey King is the first figure with three new elements in a very long time. It's no wonder his staff is made of common parts, but what else would you do for his staff?

I believe the monkey kings feather is the same piece from the Overwatch set with Honzo and Genji.  They both have those pieces coming out of there headgear/hair.