Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

5 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

the leaflets could be for different markets, even though they said, there will be no more regional exclusives...

But maybe that was for sets? Not minifigures. 

We just had the SAN DIEGO Comic Con minifigures, which are exclusive 

Edited by Robert8

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

They specifically mentioned convention exclusives are an exception.

Just now, Robert8 said:

But that was for sets. Not minifigures. 

But, if you read the statement lego released, they listed a few exceptions, one being comic-con exclusives (listed as "special events").

There is, however, no exception given to minifigures, and the statement goes to all products, which can be seen as a broader term than just sets.

I put the link to the brickset article a few pages ago, but I feel like I should put it here again for context: https://brickset.com/article/43442/lego-pledges-to-stop-launching-regional-exclusives

I think the idea of this being a watermark is plausible, like how old maps featured non existent cities in order to spot counterfeit/stolen maps, but really, who knows? I just hope Lego doesn't go back on their words so quickly...

It IS just "watermark", it was confirmed by the original poster on FB...so keep calm and enjoy new 16 minifigs. :excited:

13 hours ago, pawcanada said:

I do think the general line up is way better and more interesting than all of the recent license waves, and would much rather have three like this next year than one and two licenses. However, about 80% of City figures have never interested me personally. I much prefer seeing costume, historic warrior, monster/horror and mythic figures and while this wave ticks quite a few of those boxes for me, it does lack the historic warrior that I arguably always enjoy seeing the most.

I also prefer it when the CMF range is used as a way to make figures we'd never get without a matching theme. Without CMF, I'd have never got a Lego Spartan, Gladiator, Egyptian or Turkish warrior, and they're some of my all time favourites. By contrast, I COULD see each of the City figures in a standard set so even without my general apathy towards them, they don't have the same magic to me personally.

However, as I said, I'd take a dozen waves like this than another Disney, Harry Potter or Batman one.

I prefer to see stuff not possible for other themes as well. While I enjoy & have bought some of the City like ones, now that they’re making these broader “people packs” minifigs like that robot programmer-whatever-she-is could’ve been in another pack like that, along with the firefighter. 

11 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I prefer to see stuff not possible for other themes as well. While I enjoy & have bought some of the City like ones, now that they’re making these broader “people packs” minifigs like that robot programmer-whatever-she-is could’ve been in another pack like that, along with the firefighter. 

I agree. But they still look good, I just won’t be buying them.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

It IS just "watermark", it was confirmed by the original poster on FB...so keep calm and enjoy new 16 minifigs. :excited:

Thanks for clarification :classic:

1 hour ago, Mr. Cube said:

That's that, then. Now that the cat is out of the bag, LEGO can drop all the pretense and dump the official renders for us too "ooh and aah" over. :wink:

I think I will buy many minifig from that serie to populate my city; I read many complaints: we all have our « agenda » or idea of what we would like in the future series; like many others wrote, I’m not a big fan of monsters, costume guys, licensed series but even then, I’m always surprised that I finally end up to get some of those I thought I didn’t care at first...

long live to CMF !

I'll be hunting a dirty dozen of the Blacktrons. I mean I won't replace my sigfig but he could use some company. Automatic buy for me. Only way that could be better would be an updated M-Tron or Space Police I as a counterpart.

Knights as well, to part out for the armor/shields at least. I have no use for undead knights at the moment. I'm hoping the Knight a only a head away from resuscitation.

I'm German and my 2 German couples need dogs to go with their pretzels so I'm in for a few pooper scooper ladies. Got Dackel ??!!

A Johnny Thunder is a must and maybe more depending on how good the legs look on some of my Pirates/Soldiers. Wurst case scenario I'll use his head for a few of my Spaniards and his hat for my Musketeers although I prefer the actual floppy hat for them.

Was a bit disappointed in the lack of Pirates though, gotta admit.

Pretty good series, other than the knight, monkey thing, mummy, and daft punk guy.  I can't believe there's a bike in there. 

I'm just glad it's returned to a normal, unlicensed CMF series.  I enjoyed the costume series.  And even though there's always 4 or 5 I couldn't care less about, I do enjoy the variety of a regular Minifigure series.  I always seem to find something to like about those 4 or 5 Minifigs, too. 

Videogame guy - Until I see hi-res pics, this one is at the top of my list. The controller looks nice. But the green hair sucks.

Dog walker girl - I like the torso print. I would change the arms to TLBM2 CMF Alfred (the one with striped swimsuit) to match the shirt. The cap if I'm right, is a dual molded cap+hair combo? I love this part and here it is even better, a decorated element. Also she has two dog molds which I've yet to have. Now I get both the pug and sausage dog.

The biker girl and flamingo lady is too colourful, gaudy. Something like what the programmer girl wears would suit today's taste better. All the others is an easy pass for me. I only buy city themed minifigs. LEGO ain't cheap for me so I can't go all crazy.

I can't wait to see hi-res photos. 

44 minutes ago, summicron said:

flamingo lady is too colourful, gaudy.

That's the whole point and I love it. Definitely getting at least one of her; I have a soft spot for the tacky Florida retiree aesthetic. :grin:

24 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

tacky Florida retiree aesthetic. :grin:

I think that is EXACTLY what they were aiming for, and I agree they nailed it. Those not from the States may not get it, understandably. She'd fit in real well in a Paradisa build.

Edited by K_Tiger

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I think that is EXACTLY what they were aiming for, and I agree they nailed it. Those not from the States may not get it, understandably. She'd fit in real well in a Paradisa build.

Wow, I couldn’t understand the figure at first AND I was at Florida not too long ago :wacko:

(would have preferred a traditional gardener with overalls and watering can) 

My must haves are going to be the shower guy, pooper scooper gal, pizza guy, Florida gal, & fox suit girl. I want a better look at the rest before I make a final call. Most are definite possibilities though. 

4 hours ago, tafkatb said:

That's the whole point and I love it. Definitely getting at least one of her; I have a soft spot for the tacky Florida retiree aesthetic. :grin:

Haha I gotta admit I have no idea.

I'm happy tho that you love it. I prefer cmf to have a variety of minifigs, a bit of something for everyone. Much better than all costumes, animal, monsters or certain licensed theme. As a non collector, I'll be happy to find one or two minifigs I like in every series.

10 hours ago, summicron said:

I prefer cmf to have a variety of minifigs, a bit of something for everyone. Much better than all costumes, animal, monsters or certain licensed theme. As a non collector, I'll be happy to find one or two minifigs I like in every series.

Same. Disney and WW were both killers for me, no money spent what so ever. Apart from the Cheshire Cat in Disney Series 1.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:37 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I was at least hoping for a Pilgrim (i.e. a Mayflower colonist) for Thanksgiving. :sceptic:

You do know Lego isn't an American company, right?

Besides, the set is perfectly timed for the rugby world cup, that's as seasonal as it needs to be.

1 hour ago, Luiggi-Brick said:

I am waiting for the hi-res photos of this new series, because many of the figures are very intersting to me.

46 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Besides, the set is perfectly timed for the rugby world cup, that's as seasonal as it needs to be.

Welcome to Eurobricks both of you!

Perfectly timed for World Cup? Sounds seasonal to me! I’d prefer that than a Halloween minifigure!

Thanks Duke.

I am enjoying being around and answering the minifigures poll, meanwhile we have further news about Series 19.

8 minutes ago, Luiggi-Brick said:

Thanks Duke.

I am enjoying being around and answering the minifigures poll, meanwhile we have further news about Series 19.

No problem.

If recent series told us anything is that the reveals are less than one month before the release date.

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

They're not, but they do plenty of minifigs that are specific to different countries.