Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

35 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I do not understand why it is referred to a pony on BL, it is and have always been a foal :hmpf:

I suspect foal-play.

On 7/1/2019 at 8:56 PM, Roebuck said:

Chameleon and the rubber duck in green. There is also a cat in a new colour, but that was apparently found in a Lego shop ..

Build a Minifigure stands have exclusive pieces in them in Lego stores.

I really need a historical figure in S19 to re-ignite my Lego fire. Throw us a bone, Lego.

Impossible to find the chameleon and green rubber duck pictures!! I look at the usual place. Maybe my usual place is not the usual place after all:)

4 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Impossible to find the chameleon and green rubber duck pictures!! I look at the usual place. Maybe my usual place is not the usual place after all:)

Go on BL and have a look in the inventory of the store "CobraStore" :wink:

So the chameleon, dachshund and rugby ball are all standard things I’d expect from cmf accessories, but the green and red rubber ducky is throwing me for a loop. It’s just not a standard color for rubber ducks and I can’t think of a reason to recolor the existing piece unless it’s not for the cmf but some Christmas thing instead (but even that seems weird). 

I'm gonna presume the green rubber ducky will make sense when its source is revealed, unless it's intended for the Build-a-Minifigure bins.

I'm checking leaks every day and I daily come back in this forum to see if someone knows better.
To no avail until now, but the right day will come.

By the way, I'm really curious about this series and I'll tell you why.
Basically, it's from April 2017 that we miss a regular series, because series 18 was a costumed one and I really didn't enjoy it.
So I have seen Ninjago Movie, Batman Movie 2, Series 18, Harry Potter, Lego Movie 2 and Disney 2 during these times, 6 series in which very few minifigures appealed to me.
In the meantime, TLG isn't releasing any historic theme. No pirates, no castle, no anything that may sound like that. So my only hope to see something appealing in that way was from CMFs.
Which, as I already mentioned, had no normal runs. 
Picture I bought several "Hercules" minifigures for boredom to make at least some greek fighters changing the hair piece.
There hasn't even been ideas projects on something like pirates/castle and the only thing that was something similar was the castle that bricklink produced. But no new parts means that I can just buy the pieces and make it myself.

I heard the usual rumours that something is coming back in 2020, but they are no trusted sources.

So my last hope is coming here now and then, hoping to see series 19, hoping to see something appealing.
It's actually frustrating.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Yeah, it is. Especially with all the other things leaking. Same routine, check instagram, check here. Nothing for it but to wait, and hope LEGO knocks it out of the park.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'm checking leaks every day and I daily come back in this forum to see if someone knows better.
To no avail until now, but the right day will come.

By the way, I'm really curious about this series and I'll tell you why.
Basically, it's from April 2017 that we miss a regular series, because series 18 was a costumed one and I really didn't enjoy it.
So I have seen Ninjago Movie, Batman Movie 2, Series 18, Harry Potter, Lego Movie 2 and Disney 2 during these times, 6 series in which very few minifigures appealed to me.
In the meantime, TLG isn't releasing any historic theme. No pirates, no castle, no anything that may sound like that. So my only hope to see something appealing in that way was from CMFs.
Which, as I already mentioned, had no normal runs. 
Picture I bought several "Hercules" minifigures for boredom to make at least some greek fighters changing the hair piece.
There hasn't even been ideas projects on something like pirates/castle and the only thing that was something similar was the castle that bricklink produced. But no new parts means that I can just buy the pieces and make it myself.

I heard the usual rumours that something is coming back in 2020, but they are no trusted sources.

So my last hope is coming here now and then, hoping to see series 19, hoping to see something appealing.

I feel you, dude.

I think we both have similar interests and despair at the lack of Lego support for these themes such as Castle and Pirates.

You know, I came to these message boards because of somebody in the Historic section posting his quitting Lego farewell. I can honestly say that he made the right choice for him, based on the fact that there has been ZERO support for those themes since then.

Personally, I think I'll wait until the 2020 lineup becomes clear, and if there's no Historical things in scope, I'll just quit and stick to old Castle/Pirate stuff and maybe try my hand at mocs.

Just wanted to chime in and say I hear that and agree.

This would be the first time ever that a series is revealed before we knew a single one of the 16 characters. Even for CMF S1 some of the characters were shown prior to the release of the series

Its actually exciting in that way.

I understand the frustration, Itaria. It feels like such a long time that a proper regular series was produced. If you don't know which figures are included then they must be top secret! Let's just hope it will be worth the wait. 

My favourite thing about the regular series is getting new accessories that have not been made before. For example, musical instruments or sports equipment that wouldn't really appear in traditional city sets, as it wouldn't deemed essential to create new moulds. I also like the variety in a regular series, as there is usually enough themes covered so that everyone has something they can buy, unlike most of the licensed themes where I haven't bothered buying a single figure.

Also, I'd like Lego to introduce lots of animal moulds for the 'System' scale theme. I have wanted to build a decent zoo for my nieces and nephew for years but the variety of animals available is pretty poor. I know if I built one I'd be asked where the elephants/giraffes/hippos/zebras/rhinos were? I don't like the look of 'brick-built' animals either. I know larger animals wouldn't fit well in the CMF bags but the penguin from a previous series was an excellent addition and there are some smaller animals that would be very useful like a koala/sea lion/toucan/flamingo/lemur/turtle. My nieces will soon be too old to appreciate it by the time Lego get around to giving us enough animals!

I wonder if this series could be animal themed, given the chameleon, duck and dachshund rumours (although the rugby ball doesn't quite support that)?

Do we know when the release date is for Series 19?

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

This would be the first time ever that a series is revealed before we knew a single one of the 16 characters. Even for CMF S1 some of the characters were shown prior to the release of the series

Its actually exciting in that way.

I think Series 9 we had the 16 characters all seen from behind before we had the list, and we had series 7 presented along with series 6 months earlier, so we saw all the characters all together.
But I may be absolutely wrong.

1 minute ago, lifeinplastic said:

My favourite thing about the regular series is getting new accessories that have not been made before. For example, musical instruments or sports equipment that wouldn't really appear in traditional city sets, as it wouldn't deemed essential to create new moulds. I also like the variety in a regular series, as there is usually enough themes covered so that everyone has something they can buy, unlike most of the licensed themes where I haven't bothered buying a single figure.

Also, I'd like Lego to introduce lots of animal moulds for the 'System' scale theme. I have wanted to build a decent zoo for my nieces and nephew for years but the variety of animals available is pretty poor. I know if I built one I'd be asked where the elephants/giraffes/hippos/zebras/rhinos were? I don't like the look of 'brick-built' animals either. I know larger animals wouldn't fit well in the CMF bags but the penguin from a previous series was an excellent addition and there are some smaller animals that would be very useful like a koala/sea lion/toucan/flamingo/lemur/turtle. My nieces will soon be too old to appreciate it by the time Lego get around to giving us enough animals!

I wonder if this series could be animal themed, given the chameleon, duck and dachshund rumours (although the rugby ball doesn't quite support that)?

Do we know when the release date is for Series 19?

I agree with every single thing you said, and it's supposed to be released for September 1st .

1 hour ago, leafan said:

I feel you, dude.

I think we both have similar interests and despair at the lack of Lego support for these themes such as Castle and Pirates.

You know, I came to these message boards because of somebody in the Historic section posting his quitting Lego farewell. I can honestly say that he made the right choice for him, based on the fact that there has been ZERO support for those themes since then.

Personally, I think I'll wait until the 2020 lineup becomes clear, and if there's no Historical things in scope, I'll just quit and stick to old Castle/Pirate stuff and maybe try my hand at mocs.

Just wanted to chime in and say I hear that and agree.

I hope you don't quit as I didn't.
I bought 5x sets of "Expecto Patronum" to get some Dementors, I bought some of the ninjago new sets and battlepacks to get ice samurais that are really well made. But that's all.
I fail to remember the awe I had when there was a theme in which I could say "Oh I can buy whatever set and I'd be happy with that".

I share a lot of the sentiment over the lack of dedicated historic themes. In the last few years I have been selectively buying Elves, Friends, and Disney (Princesses) sets for parts. I have gotten to the point that I regularly use pastel colors in my historical/fantasy builds, and look for ways to use every part I buy. I think the minidoll head, in the right colors, coupled with the old Islanders hair piece could look like an acorn.

Edited by gedren_y
Oxford comma.

I share the same sentiment over the lack of historical themes as well.  I doubt we will have a castle theme while HP is out, and Pirates seems to come and go even when it is in fashion.  I have given up buying sets for parts and just get the pieces from Bricks and Pieces or Bricklink now and make MOCs.  

I would love to see more historic CMFs; we don’t need an entire historic series (Although I wouldn’t be opposed), but what about the one or two figures per series?  The knight, evil dwarf, elf maidens, etc. have been great in the CMF line and I don’t see a reason to discontinue that trend.  

As for the leaks, I like being able to plan what I’m going to buy.  I tend to save up more for multiple copies of something if I know something awesome is going to come out.  If I’m blindsided, then I’m likely only going to get one, and it’s not like I’m buying the other themes I don’t care about instead.

i very much agree too that we need more system animals.  They always sell like hot cakes, so why not see some more?  I’d love to have a mess of those birds from the Jasmine CMF.

I am also patiently awaiting for the drop of the new CMFs design. So looking forward to TLG official news. :sweet: 

37 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

I am also patiently awaiting for the drop of the new CMFs design. So looking forward to TLG official news. :sweet: 

Your reviews and your pictures are one of my "must-have" every year.
Even when I don't care about a series it's like "Oh, but there's Fangy's review, so some good comes still from it"

It's interesting to see most of the impatient frustration for this Series come from those primarily interested in Historical/Medieval themes. Huh, not really sure where all the Spacers, Adventurists, and other such interested AFOL nitches are right now in the waiting game we play here for this Series. 

16 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

By the way, how long is it after a typical CMS's official unveiling do you receive a review copy from TLG? :shrug_confused:

48 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's interesting to see most of the impatient frustration for this Series come from those primarily interested in Historical/Medieval themes. Huh, not really sure where all the Spacers, Adventurists, and other such interested AFOL nitches are right now in the waiting game we play here for this Series. 

I'm a hardcore spacer first with fantasy a close second, and while I haven't expressed a desire for either in this thread recently, I think it comes down to having my space itch scratched more substantially recently? Between the city space figures (Orange and white suits, the blue one kinda looks like pajamas) especially if you give some of them the big white armor that's available from the corresponding people pack, feel much more futuristic than past city offerings. Benny's space squad is also recent for me as well. And while I have added some custom fantasy factions to my little collection recently, they're mostly comprised of ninjago pieces, either the golden dragon armor or the copper. So yeah, I'm looking forward to both but I think fantasy is more wanting right now. 

Yeah I dont really think there will be any  SciFi characters on this one. With TLM2, Star Wars, City and Overwatch having all SciFi minifigures or accesories, I dont see how TLG can release more on this one. There is kind of an oversaturation of SciFi themes this year, especially with TLM2 alone having 3 styles of space themed sets (Rex-Systar-Classic)

And also Star Wars IX is coming at the end of the year. 

Enough is enough

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah I dont really think there will be any  SciFi characters on this one. With TLM2, Star Wars, City and Overwatch having all SciFi minifigures or accesories, I dont see how TLG can release more on this one. There is kind of an oversaturation of SciFi themes this year, especially with TLM2 alone having 3 styles of space themed sets (Rex-Systar-Classic)

Enough is enough

Wow, I forgot about TLM2 having such a strong sci-fi presence. 

Honestly, the only space themed figure I’d actually be interested in is if the sat down and did a truly accurate Apollo astronaut - as opposed to the generic ones in the Lunar Module set. All out with arm printing, grey hands, dual molded legs so there can be grey boots with printed blue toes, accurately shaped helmets and packs, the works. Wishful thinking I know. 

And on the topic of areas that should be given a rest - am I the only one who hopes for no costumes this time? The last regular series was mostly costumes and then they managed to fit a few more into the TLM2 cmf, so they’ve been kind of overdone recently as well. Maybe do a trick or treater of some sort (since this is the first fall series in a while) but can we skip the fur suits and giant food this time?

36 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Wow, I forgot about TLM2 having such a strong sci-fi presence. 

Honestly, the only space themed figure I’d actually be interested in is if the sat down and did a truly accurate Apollo astronaut - as opposed to the generic ones in the Lunar Module set. All out with arm printing, grey hands, dual molded legs so there can be grey boots with printed blue toes, accurately shaped helmets and packs, the works. Wishful thinking I know. 

And on the topic of areas that should be given a rest - am I the only one who hopes for no costumes this time? The last regular series was mostly costumes and then they managed to fit a few more into the TLM2 cmf, so they’ve been kind of overdone recently as well. Maybe do a trick or treater of some sort (since this is the first fall series in a while) but can we skip the fur suits and giant food this time?

In a rumoured and probably fake half-list there was a Pizza Slice costume guy.

I honestly think that the pizza slice AND the taco guy will happen in future. I don't know when, but those are costumes that really deserve to be made as they really took place in real life, while some other costumes were really pushed too far (never seen a fireworks costume).

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Enough is enough

They put Unikitty in the TLM2 CMF series, whilst Unikitty theme sets were still on the shelves. If any company knows how to shoehorn in one more "fill-in-the-blank" somewhere, it's LEGO.

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I'm generally a fan of the costumed figures, and I do believe there are more subject they can tackle, (the aforementioned pizza and taco included) I could use a breather. I suspect at least one in S.19, but three wouldn't be surprising. I definitely want more trick-or-treaters, though!

Looks like a red Storm (excuse me "Sith") Trooper for SW Ep.IX, maybe S.19 info soon.

Edited by K_Tiger