Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Schermata-2019-06-25-alle-10-30-43.png

This is actually in LEGO stores across the globe.

Is it an hint?

Damn. I hope so.

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Oh, you aren't alone my friend.

Do you know in what context this appears in stores? Like, is it a decoration on walls, in the custom minifigure selection, with a promotion or something else?

I've searched online for both crossed keys and lions in heraldry and cannot find one like this, although it seems very familiar.

9 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

This is actually in LEGO stores across the globe.

Is it an hint?

Is that a real piece or just artwork? If it's a piece, is it showing up in the minifigure station or somewhere else?

If something, I would think this might be for the next Castle line

But there is not Castle in the near future, so maybe you're on to something here.

But CMFs are always promoted as a whole, not just pieces. So the S12 Wizard would appear in the banner, not just his hat for instance. 

That is not always the case. There was the Toys R Us signage that include a never before seen movie director. Along with it was a woman using the Statue of Liberty skirt piece. I also recently saw the wizard hat in the Build a Figure bar.

6 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

18836pb03.png

Found this shield in the Mall of America Lego Store (Minneapolis, MN) - Build-a-Minifigure this last weekend.

According to @Rockstaremcee over in the Minifig customisation forum, he saw this in shield form in the Build-a-Minifigure section of a lego store. Here it is on Bricklink.

I know that some Lego stores pick-a-brick get parts from discontinued or never-released Lego sets/themes, like what happened with the unreleased NBA licence.

Speculate, I suppose - but why is it on Bricklink??

Edited by leafan

Could this be from a cancelled Castle line? 

Because I just find very odd that a CMF piece would appear there even before the series official reveal *oh2*

Anyway

Which CMF character could this belong to? "Prince Charming"? 

Well it's very visually similar to the heraldry for the house of Lancaster or York. Unreleased War of the Roses theme? A man can dream right? haha

Spoiler

p047_1_03.jpg

But CMF line? Hmm... I'm beat

3 hours ago, leafan said:

I know that some Lego stores pick-a-brick get parts from discontinued or never-released Lego sets/themes, like what happened with the unreleased NBA licence.

Really? Pick-A-Brick has gotten parts from never-released sets/themes before??? :distressed: Unless I've just forgotten that I have heard that before, that's news to me! Do you (or anyone else here) know of any other instances of such beside the NBA theme (when was that BTW)? :shrug_confused:

28 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Really? Pick-A-Brick has gotten parts from never-released sets/themes before??? :distressed: Unless I've just forgotten that I have heard that before, that's news to me! Do you (or anyone else here) know of any other instances of such beside the NBA theme (when was that BTW)? :shrug_confused:

Yes, and it's quite interesting. I'm not in a place to provide info at the moment but essentially, Lego were to release some licensed NBA sets and they actually made it to some stores in the US.

Short version...they got told to pull them after the licensing agreement hit a bump and ended up pouring the bricks into pick a brick. The boxes were scrapped.

It's only known about because people were finding unknown pieces in stores.

MandRproductions Bricks 'n' Bits series had a former store employee on once that elaborated on this.

1 minute ago, leafan said:
35 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yes, and it's quite interesting. I'm not in a place to provide info at the moment but essentially, Lego were to release some licensed NBA sets and they actually made it to some stores in the US.

Short version...they got told to pull them after the licensing agreement hit a bump and ended up pouring the bricks into pick a brick. The boxes were scrapped.

It's only known about because people were finding unknown pieces in stores.

MandRproductions Bricks 'n' Bits series had a former store employee on once that elaborated on this.

If not specifically, do you remember approximately when that all happened year-wise? 

No, but I will attempt to find out for you tomorrow night (It's sleepy time for me right now haha).

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If not specifically, do you remember approximately when that all happened year-wise? 

I stayed up and found it for you...

Listen from 1:30:00 onwards for a few mins. It wasn't pick a brick it was "grab bags". He talks about similar things throughout so I recommend listening to the whole thing.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Could this be from a cancelled Castle line? 

Because I just find very odd that a CMF piece would appear there even before the series official reveal *oh2*

I find it very unlikely that a cancelled Castle theme got that far into the development process without us knowing. For example the "Dots" theme was cancelled right before its planned launch but by then we had the theme's name and set numbers.

Here's what I think it happening: either that shield is from a S19 minifigure that was axed from the lineup at the last minute, or it's from S19 and for some reason this piece is circulating. I don't see any scenario where this relates to a full Castle theme.

1 hour ago, leafan said:
2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I stayed up and found it for you...

Listen from 1:30:00 onwards for a few mins. It wasn't pick a brick it was "grab bags". He talks about similar things throughout so I recommend listening to the whole thing.

Thanks!!! :thumbup: :classic:

7 hours ago, leafan said:
13 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

Found this shield in the Mall of America Lego Store (Minneapolis, MN) - Build-a-Minifigure this last weekend.

According to @Rockstaremcee over in the Minifig customisation forum, he saw this in shield form in the Build-a-Minifigure section of a lego store. Here it is on Bricklink.

I didn't even notice this the first time I saw it, but this shield is the same mold utilized by S13's Egyptian Warrior and S15's Frightening Knight (part no. 18836).

3 hours ago, Pigbrick the Pig Designer said:

Sorry to go bursting some interesting speculation but Build a Minifigure has been receiving unique prints and recolors in the recent year. This shield is part of it. You can only find it in the LEGO stores ;) 

Way to take the wind out of my sails man lol.

I suppose that accounts for the rugby supreme ball too.

Oh well.... new shield at least!?

Picture this: the head from the Berlin zoo minifnigure Panda was in the lego stores as part as Build your minifigure way before it hit Berlin.

14 hours ago, leafan said:

I've searched online for both crossed keys and lions in heraldry and cannot find one like this, although it seems very familiar.

Same here. Bricklink gave me the answer: that very design of a lion on blue is also on torsos of some Castle knights from the 1980s. The keys, as far as I can tell, are a new addition. 

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Picture this: the head from the Berlin zoo minifnigure Panda was in the lego stores as part as Build your minifigure way before it hit Berlin.

Backpack too, wasn't it?

On 6/25/2019 at 8:20 PM, leafan said:

I might have solved the mystery of the keys : 

It's from the Vatican City or Holy See.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_See

125px-Flag_of_the_Vatican_City.svg.png85px-Coat_of_arms_Holy_See.svg.png

The Roman Catholic Church played a big part of the Crusades which might explain the "Crusaders" Lion.

I posted bigger pictures and links here 

Edited by TeriXeri

3 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I might have solved the mystery of the keys : 

It's from the Vatican City or Holy See.

That is something I didn't see coming.... *oh2*

Also, the link between Lions and LEGO Crusaders might be derived from Richard the Lionheart, which played a big role in the 3rd Crusade, and initially used a single Lion (Rampant) symbol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Arms_of_England

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_I_of_England

"The earliest surviving representation of an escutcheon, or shield, displaying three lions is that on the Great Seal of King Richard I (1189–1199), which initially displayed one or two lions rampant, but in 1198 was permanently altered to depict three lions passant, perhaps representing Richard I's principal three positions as King of the English, Duke of the Normans, and Duke of the Aquitanians. "

170px-Royal_Arms_of_England.svg.png

That said, Lions were used a lot in the royal dynasty of England, as well as the red/blue shield combination :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armorial_of_the_House_of_Plantagenet

Edited by TeriXeri

On 6/26/2019 at 10:02 AM, leafan said:

Way to take the wind out of my sails man lol.

I suppose that accounts for the rugby supreme ball too.

Oh well.... new shield at least!?

I should rename myself as "Pigbrick the Mood Killer" :P

I do want to see what's next though! I do love tasty elements like these :drool: