Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Hell, I'm not sure I'd even be mad with an error that big. Worst case, you just need to find yourself an error collector.

Sorry, but I laughed way too hard at that! Must have been one heck of a tackle! 

I saw photos from one collector who had 6 towels in his bath guy pack.

7 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I saw photos from one collector who had 6 towels in his bath guy pack.

You must be a member of the Fandom page, I think earlier they accidentally cut one opening a bag so that worked out well!

I’m still unsure of my favourite after getting my box. The Dog Sitter is up there due to the accessories. Some of the torso printing is phenomenal this series, and so many double sided heads too. 

Yes, I am Coopa. You are right it was the same person. The bags tear easily at the back seam, no need for cutting.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, J4ck said:

And also the fact the minifigure head is squared off

Thats waht a real rugby players head looks like after being squeezed at the bottom of the pile of players!

6 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Thats waht a real rugby players head looks like after being squeezed at the bottom of the pile of players!

:grin:

I’m surprised people actually want to play it.

I found S19 at Walmart tonight and was able to get a Monkey King and Explorer.

The face prints on both sides of the Monkey King head are terrible! The white is blotchy and the other details are smudged. :damn: Seeing as Walmart does not accept open LEGO, what can I do now?

14 hours ago, therealjustin said:

I found S19 at Walmart tonight and was able to get a Monkey King and Explorer.

The face prints on both sides of the Monkey King head are terrible! The white is blotchy and the other details are smudged. :damn: Seeing as Walmart does not accept open LEGO, what can I do now?

Complaining to LEGO will probably get you a replacement blind bag, but that's about it.

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Complaining to LEGO will probably get you a replacement blind bag, but that's about it.

Or £5/$5 worth of VIP points.

It's a pretty cool figure in its own right, and it could be popular with people familiar with the character, but not necessarily LEGO enthusiasts. It'll be more interesting to see what the price does when S.19 is long gone from retail. Percival Graves and Classic Police Officer are still pretty healthy on the secondary market.

Hey guys! I was able to pick up an ENTIRE CASE of Series 19 for $120! 

What happened was, my best friend went to our local Walmart and he found that the new Series 19 minifigs had been mis-labeled so they were on sale for $1 apiece!!! And he was like, "WHOA!" So he got the entire box! Then he realized that HE couldn't exactly DO anything with it...so he sold it to me for $120. What do you think? Any similar stories? Our theory was that they had hired a new clerk and he had accidentally mixed up the LEGO Movie 2 minifigs with the new ones, and had put them on sale for that price. They'd had 2 cases, but the first one was gone in a flash. So he got the one remaining one. I have a list of the rarities of each one, if anyone needs them. 

21 hours ago, CMFanatic said:

Hey guys! I was able to pick up an ENTIRE CASE of Series 19 for $120! 

What happened was, my best friend went to our local Walmart and he found that the new Series 19 minifigs had been mis-labeled so they were on sale for $1 apiece!!! And he was like, "WHOA!" So he got the entire box! Then he realized that HE couldn't exactly DO anything with it...so he sold it to me for $120. What do you think? Any similar stories? Our theory was that they had hired a new clerk and he had accidentally mixed up the LEGO Movie 2 minifigs with the new ones, and had put them on sale for that price. They'd had 2 cases, but the first one was gone in a flash. So he got the one remaining one. I have a list of the rarities of each one, if anyone needs them. 

Wow... and I thought $200 was a good deal! :tongue:

Edited by JJBricker

On 9/29/2019 at 1:42 PM, K_Tiger said:

It's a pretty cool figure in its own right, and it could be popular with people familiar with the character, but not necessarily LEGO enthusiasts. It'll be more interesting to see what the price does when S.19 is long gone from retail. Percival Graves and Classic Police Officer are still pretty healthy on the secondary market.

I don't think either have actually increased in value in time though. They both started on the secondary market at about £12-13 in the UK, and have pretty much remained there. Of course, that is a great return if you bought at RRP but the price has remained fairly consistent.

The same thing happened with the Spartan in S2. Since about 2012, they have been £15-16 in the UK and he hasn't really risen at all in all that time.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the Monkey King remains high but doesn't actually rise that much in the next few years.

4 hours ago, pooda said:

I think they should make a crook with his tongue sticking out. You know....like blowing a raspberry. 

Yeah, that'd be a totally worthwhile archetype to use a coveted CMF slot up on!!! :sarcasm:

I'm actually surprised they haven't made a archetypical criminal minifig yet. It wouldn't be too hard to make it different from the crooks in City - give him a cloth cap (a piece I'm still waiting for), a domino mask print, and maybe a stethoscope from Friends, like for a safe-cracker. Actually, since we've got the firefighter in this series, I see a criminal as the most obvious missing Lego City archetype, along with a coast guard minifig.  

5 hours ago, Ardelon said:

I'm actually surprised they haven't made a archetypical criminal minifig yet. It wouldn't be too hard to make it different from the crooks in City - give him a cloth cap (a piece I'm still waiting for), a domino mask print, and maybe a stethoscope from Friends, like for a safe-cracker. Actually, since we've got the firefighter in this series, I see a criminal as the most obvious missing Lego City archetype, along with a coast guard minifig.  

Given how many we get in City, I'm glad they haven't done another one in the CMF.

Although I still don't understand why all the crooks wear stripy prisoner shirts. Don't they have any other clothes? If they didn't wear prison clothes then they might blend in a bit better and not get caught so easily.

9 minutes ago, MAB said:

Although I still don't understand why all the crooks wear stripy prisoner shirts. Don't they have any other clothes? If they didn't wear prison clothes then they might blend in a bit better and not get caught so easily.

Plus in order to have a stripy prisoner shirt, you have to 1) have been imprisoned   2) escaped from prison, not released.

So where are all the first-time offenders, all the smart criminals who dont get caught, and all the released prisoners who return to their criminal trade?

2 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Plus in order to have a stripy prisoner shirt, you have to 1) have been imprisoned   2) escaped from prison, not released.

So where are all the first-time offenders, all the smart criminals who dont get caught, and all the released prisoners who return to their criminal trade?

Your answer: VV

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

We did get a jewel thief in Series 15 so we got a criminal of some sort at least.

As quoted, the Series 15 Jewel Thief, as well as the Series 5 Gangster. There are also a host of henchmen across multiple themes going back decades, most of the Rock Raiders figs, and a number of other figs from the various superhero themes that can fill that role in your builds.

5 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Perhaps the majority of other figures are criminals who didn't get caught? I wouldn't trust some of those costumed figures! :tongue:

18 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Perhaps the majority of other figures are criminals who didn't get caught? I wouldn't trust some of those costumed figures!

So basically all minifigs could be criminals - no wonder there have to be so many police stations!

Unfortunately, there are no courtrooms and no jails, so the criminals get caught and put in police station detentions, but they are never sentenced and jailed...

There is a judge of course, but where do he hold court?

Edited by ArneNielsen