Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Interesting how they used Fright Knight as the official name for what we always called the spooky knight. I knew it was a reference but I didn’t see it coming. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Official description with the official names

Kids can bring exciting new play possibilities to any LEGO® set with LEGO Minifigures 71025 Series 19. This new-for-September-2019 LEGO minifigure series features a colorful lineup of unique LEGO people. Say hello to Dog Sitter, Video Game Champ, Shower Guy, Rugby Player, Bear Costume Guy, Pizza Costume Guy, Galactic Bounty Hunter, Monkey King, Programmer, Gardener, Mountain Biker, Fire Fighter, Fright Knight, Jungle Explorer, Mummy Queen and Fox Costume Girl! Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag together with one or more accessory elements, plus a collector’s leaflet and a display baseplate.

-Every LEGO® minifigure in Series 19 comes with one or more accessory elements, plus a collector’s leaflet and display baseplate.
-16 Limited Edition LEGO® Minifigures characters to build and play out your very own adventures!
-Includes new-for-September-2019 costumes and accessories.
-Combine the Series 19 minifigures with any LEGO® set for endless play possibilities.
-Have fun trading minifigures with your friends to complete your collection.
-PLEASE NOTE: Each ‘mystery’ bag contains one of the 16 LEGO® Minifigures characters available in the Series 19 collection. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate requests for specific minifigures. If you purchase more than one ‘mystery’ bag, you may receive two or more identical minifigures.

Ah, it's good to finally hear that Series 19's "Johnny Thunder" is officially a Jungle Explorer, because an Adventurer he ain't, hence leaving the door open for proper representation of the archetype hopefully in a future Series. :thumbup: :classic:

1 hour ago, 1Panda said:

I don’t either.

however it ruins the exclusivities of the figure for people who care and opens the door for them to think they can get away with stuff like this in the future. 

they could have at least given him a tattoo on his back that says I ❤️ Lego or something.     :head_back:

When I learn how to use flicker I’ll share 

and in case anyone wants to know what figures I got they are the programmer, the shower guy, bear costume and the fright knight 

WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?????? :wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool: Who has them in stock? 

28 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

Interesting how they used Fright Knight as the official name for what we always called the spooky knight. I knew it was a reference but I didn’t see it coming. 

I always thought that the Series 15 knight was the Frightening Knight! I would have preferred "spooky knight" or something similar...

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The one name that I dont like is Gardener

That doesnt look like a Gardener at all.

By looking at it, you could never guess thats a Gardener

She does have gloves and a plant stalk, and her flamingo is clearly meant to be a lawn ornament. But yeah, she clearly fits the ‘Florida Retiree’ archetype much better. 

Personally, I’m flabbergasted by ‘Bear Costume Guy’, like, not going to mention your color choices at all there?

25 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?????? :wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool: Who has them in stock? 

I always thought that the Series 15 knight was the Frightening Knight! I would have preferred "spooky knight" or something similar...

The shower guy and programmer I got on eBay from some guy that apparently had multiples of the two figures in stock and the fright knight and bear guy I believe I got from the brother from another brick himself because the description on eBay said they were only used for YouTube reviews and who else had reviews of those two figs on YouTube I’m not even sure if I’m supposed to tell where I got them but since other people are getting box’s of them I hope it’s ok 

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

I totally did:  He even has a shield with the old Fright Knights coat of arms on it, which made me quite happy.... When I returned to LEGO from my first (and only) voluntary dark age, the Fright Knights had just come out, so I ended up with a lot of their sets & figures, and while the overall set designs were rather meh, the figures themselves were pretty sweet, and I'm glad to see that they're making a tribute to that particular theme.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, it's good to finally hear that Series 19's "Johnny Thunder" is officially a Jungle Explorer, because an Adventurer he ain't, hence leaving the door open for proper representation of the archetype hopefully in a future Series. :thumbup: :classic:

An "Adventurer" would have to be a female, because a male Adventurer would be too similar to this "Jungle Explorer" or the Series 2 Explorer

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

An "Adventurer" would have to be a female, because a male Adventurer would be too similar to this "Jungle Explorer" or the Series 2 Explorer

I’d be down for a Lady Adventurer - would make for a sweet new hat+hair combo piece 

6 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I don’t either.

however it ruins the exclusivities of the figure for people who care and opens the door for them to think they can get away with stuff like this in the future. 

they could have at least given him a tattoo on his back that says I ❤️ Lego or something.     :head_back:

I mean everything else is near enough exclusive, I guess we will see with future minifigures.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:12 PM, gedren_y said:

I had a B&P order recently that included two of those firefighter torsos. The trick is learning how to use the codes to find the parts you want. The shipping costs are really reasonable. Some license specific parts aren't available, like wands and printed character fig parts.

Heh, try searching for 75950 (Aragog's Lair, which was a cool set by the way).They sell wands, all right! 

Stinks that they don't sell clone pieces, though - I was going to build a huge Clone Army if they did. :look: 

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Personally, I’m flabbergasted by ‘Bear Costume Guy’, like, not going to mention your color choices at all there?

I suspect that will be explained in the bio, once the series is released.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Sure, that'd be only fair, and perhaps they could then follow-up with both a male counterpart and a modern counterpart a few Series later after the fact (the latter could take the form of a less-pulpier Archaeologist archetype, spawning both male and female takes on such). :classic:

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’d be down for a Lady Adventurer - would make for a sweet new hat+hair combo piece 

Ooooooh, that new headgear mold suggestion would be pretty sweet indeed! :thumbup: :sweet:

I don't see an issue with Lego reusing a print where it makes sense, especially if we are just talking about an exposed torso. They're not being lazy, so I don't understand how they are "getting away with it" in any way, as though reusing a print in a single piece in the whole series was a sign of mediocrity.

7 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I don't see an issue with Lego reusing a print where it makes sense, especially if we are just talking about an exposed torso. They're not being lazy, so I don't understand how they are "getting away with it" in any way, as though reusing a print in a single piece in the whole series was a sign of mediocrity.

Indeed. And it’s a figure with leg printing, a printed fabric towel piece, a recoloured duck accessory and two face prints. Hardly scrimping. 

8 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Frankly, I've always preferred when pieces are reused within reason instead of creating so many *almost* redundant pieces. Leaves me with less to have to sort through.

Edited by 2maxwell

Found a couple of boxes in the wild at Toys R Us and managed to get 15/16 with about 20 minutes of bag feeling. I was rushing and mistook the Gamer's controller for the Bear's rainbow tile, but there are worse minifgures to have duplicates of. ;)

Just now, mscott71 said:

Found a couple of boxes in the wild at Toys R Us and managed to get 15/16 with about 20 minutes of bag feeling. I was rushing and mistook the Gamer's controller for the Bear's rainbow tile, but there are worse minifgures to have duplicates of. ;)

Man... I didn't know that TRU still had stores open? I thought that they all closed down? Is there one near me? I wanna get my mitts on some soooooo baaaaaad.....

40 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

Man... I didn't know that TRU still had stores open? I thought that they all closed down? Is there one near me? I wanna get my mitts on some soooooo baaaaaad.....

TRU Canada was a separate, and profitable, business unit so we still have stores. But this is the first time I've ever seen them put stuff out early.

3 hours ago, CMFanatic said:

TRU is set to make a supposed come back in the US

On 8/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, Robert8 said:

Hmmmmmmmmm :look:

This isn't the same guy

On 8/13/2019 at 7:52 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a better image of the unmasked Bounty Hunter, and I'm sorry to say his torso's still the same... :look:

In the Mummy Queen renders, her face is much yellower, almost indistinguishable from the minifigure yellow skin. In the real-life pictures and videos we've seen, her face is much more apparently golden as opposed to yellow.

I feel like the Galactic Bounty Hunter is another example of poorly-rendered metallic printing. The dark gray and red colors on his torso and legs in the renders appear to be more titanium and copper respectively in pictures and video. The yellow just seems to be a combination of poor lighting mostly, and possibly poor printing quality? That mask discrepancy seems like a last-minute change or a mistake. I think I prefer the black, but that may change once I get the figure in my possession. I quite like the face print though, a much better alien look compared to the Alien Avenger.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

They've got them on the LEGO shop page. Gettin' close!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/series-19-71025

Yes!! Hope to see some early releases in stores soon. It feels strange that LEGO hasn't revealed them on social media yet...

14 hours ago, telaruhn said:

I feel like the Galactic Bounty Hunter is another example of poorly-rendered metallic printing. The dark gray and red colors on his torso and legs in the renders appear to be more titanium and copper respectively in pictures and video. The yellow just seems to be a combination of poor lighting mostly, and possibly poor printing quality? That mask discrepancy seems like a last-minute change or a mistake. I think I prefer the black, but that may change once I get the figure in my possession. I quite like the face print though, a much better alien look compared to the Alien Avenger.

Well, the yellow accents do look a hint better in this Reddit post @danth shared over on the general 2019 Sci-Fi discussion topic, but besides that... :def_shrug:

17 hours ago, danth said:

Another pic. 

That image of the Bounty Hunter doesn’t look that bad. 

Im also happy the Mummy Queen is supposed to be more golden, the ‘yellow’ kind of creeped me out. I’ll still end up using the mummy head though.