Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

I am aware of the Winter Village fire station, and I even considered getting it partially because of those exact figures, but ultimately, other budget priorities prevented me from doing so.  Unfortunately, due to only coming in a $100 set, those torsos are rather uncommon & rather expensive on Bricklink (like average pricing of around $2 each for just the torso and only 25 people selling them).   Hence why I was hoping the CMF would use a similar torso:  It would have been nice to get it or something similar outside a $100 extremely limited availability set.

2 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

I am aware of the Winter Village fire station, and I even considered getting it partially because of those exact figures, but ultimately, other budget priorities prevented me from doing so.  Unfortunately, due to only coming in a $100 set, those torsos are rather uncommon & rather expensive on Bricklink (like average pricing of around $2 each for just the torso and only 25 people selling them).   Hence why I was hoping the CMF would use a similar torso:  It would have been nice to get it or something similar outside a $100 extremely limited availability set.

What are you talking about fam? The torsos are only 75 cents! Search 6218607 on Bricks & Pieces.

Bricks & Pieces is still open for business in the US

6 minutes ago, J4ck said:

What are you talking about fam? The torsos are only 75 cents! Search 6218607 on Bricks & Pieces.

Bricks & Pieces is still open for business in the US

I thought that B & P was only to be used for replacing missing parts, not just ordering stuff, like Pick a Brick is....

I had a B&P order recently that included two of those firefighter torsos. The trick is learning how to use the codes to find the parts you want. The shipping costs are really reasonable. Some license specific parts aren't available, like wands and printed character fig parts.

27 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I had a B&P order recently that included two of those firefighter torsos. The trick is learning how to use the codes to find the parts you want. The shipping costs are really reasonable. Some license specific parts aren't available, like wands and printed character fig parts.

I am assuming that you can look up said codes via BrickLink's reference catalog, right?

Anyways, back on topic:  I generally agree 100% with Digger of Bricks' rating of the minifigs in this series, but with the #5 + #6 spots swapped.  Those top 5 picks of mine are also the only ones I'm going to try getting from this series as well.  I definitely need a lot of the Adventurer dudes for filling out the ranks of my custom Weird War take on the British Army.

14 minutes ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

I am assuming that you can look up said codes via BrickLink's reference catalog, right?

Anyways, back on topic:  I generally agree 100% with Digger of Bricks' rating of the minifigs in this series, but with the #5 + #6 spots swapped.  Those top 5 picks of mine are also the only ones I'm going to try getting from this series as well.  I definitely need a lot of the Adventurer dudes for filling out the ranks of my custom Weird War take on the British Army.

I was referring to parts specific coding to find the various colors of a specific part available. Bricklink doesn't always have the LEGO internal codes for parts identifying.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:57 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

As of now, if I had to list this Series' offerings in order of my most to least favored...

1. Intergalactic Bounty Hunter
  2. Jungle Explorer/Johnny Thunder
  3. Mummy
  4. Black Knight/Fright Knight
  5. Gamer
  6. Monkey King
  7. Flamingo Woman
  8. Mountain Biker
  9. Coder Girl
  10. Dog Walker
  11. Shower Guy
  12. Firefighter
  13. Rugby Player
  14. Pizza Suit Guy
  15. Fox Suit Girl
  16. Rainbow Bear

I have to change his list too much, but I'll use it as a template.

1. Mummy
  2. Black Knight/Fright Knight
  3. Monkey King
  4. Jungle Explorer/Johnny Thunder
  5. Intergalactic Bounty Hunter
  6. Dog Walker
  7. Shower Guy
  8. Flamingo Woman
  9. Fox Suit Girl
  10. Rugby Player
  11. Pizza Suit Guy
  12. Coder Girl
  13. Gamer
  14. Firefighter
  15. Rainbow Bear
  16. Mountain Biker

This list is just an order of importance for my parts usage, not a judgement on the quality of the fig designs.

My list:

Must buys

• Intergalactic Bounty Hunter
  • Fox Suit Girl

Probable  buys

• Jungle Explorer
  • Ghost Knight

Like for the ridiculousness 

• Rainbow Bear
  • Flamingo Woman

Find kinda cool

• Coder Girl
  • Mummy 
  • Monkey King

Like for parts

• Rugby Player (helmet)
  • Mountain Biker (head w/shades)

Most punchable

• Gamer

Don't care

• Firefighter
  • Pizza Guy
  • Shower Guy
  • Dog Walker

18 hours ago, danth said:

Most punchable

• Gamer

:laugh: With you there. He probably has a 45-minute-long video on his YouTube channel about how Space Game is "forcing an agenda down our throats" because it has a female protagonist, and if someone asks what the logos on his shirt mean he responds with "If you were a REAL FAN you would already know."

22 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

No, not Bricklink’s codes. You’ll have to use Lego’s official codes which can be found on Brickset. You can order parts on Bricks and Pieces for money as long as you don’t report the pieces you want as missing or broken.

19 hours ago, danth said:

My list:

Must buys

• Intergalactic Bounty Hunter
  • Fox Suit Girl

Probable  buys

• Jungle Explorer
  • Ghost Knight

Like for the ridiculousness 

• Rainbow Bear
  • Flamingo Woman

Find kinda cool

• Coder Girl
  • Mummy 
  • Monkey King

Like for parts

• Rugby Player (helmet)
  • Mountain Biker (head w/shades)

Most punchable

• Gamer

Don't care

• Firefighter
  • Pizza Guy
  • Shower Guy
  • Dog Walker

Interesting categorisation there Danth.

Edited by J4ck

I just read this on a local FB page. Take it with the usual grains of salt:

A person purchased a box over in Canada and found the following;

1. X5  Video Gamer

2. X3  Shower Guy

3. X4  Black Knight

4. X3  Monkey King

5. X4  Coder Girl

6. X5  Mummy

7. X4  Explorer

8. X3  Firefighter

9. X3  Dog Walker

10. X4 Pizza Guy

11. X5  Intergalactic Bounty Hunter

12. X3  Pet Owner (Flamingo Lady)

13. X4  Rugby Player

14. X3  Fox Girl

15. X4  Rainbow Bear

16. X3  Mountain Biker

Interesting facts;

- Row 1 and 2 had complete sets

- Row 3 did not

Starting from the front of the box each row had the same figures in the same order, all the figures that had 3 per box. In this order from the front. 12, 8, 16, 2, 4, 14, 9.  So for flamingo hunters, the first in each row. After the first 7 figures in each row, the distribution seemed to be random.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, Laura Beinbrech said:

Anyways, back on topic:  I generally agree 100% with Digger of Bricks' rating of the minifigs in this series, but with the #5 + #6 spots swapped.  Those top 5 picks of mine are also the only ones I'm going to try getting from this series as well. I definitely need a lot of the Adventurer dudes for filling out the ranks of my custom Weird War take on the British Army.

We so seriously need a devoted Adventurers theme around nowadays, and a Weird War/Dieselpunk-inspired redux of such on par with Ninjago would just be insanely awesome! The least Lego could give us are further pulp archetypes from future CMS, just think of either a playtheme or subtheme of CMFs made-up of figures like these... 

Neo Adventurers

Edited by Digger of Bricks

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

We so seriously need a devoted Adventurers theme around nowadays, and a Weird War/Dieselpunk-inspired redux of such on par with Ninjago would just be insanely awesome! The least Lego could give us are further pulp archetypes from future CMS, just think of either a playtheme or subtheme of CMFs made-up of figures like these... 

Neo Adventurers

The minifigures from the Monster Fighters theme a few years ago were pretty much exactly that style.

Ok LEGO where is the catch?

No secret chracters, no super rare minifigures, good distribution ratio.....

Sounds almost too good to be true... 

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

[insert image here]

That would be amazing! Not keen on the idea of Anubis or anything from mythology really.

5 hours ago, Phyre said:

The minifigures from the Monster Fighters theme a few years ago were pretty much exactly that style.

Well, the guy that rendered those did cook-up another assembly of characters closer to such in occupational description... :wink:

GPI: 1920
4 hours ago, J4ck said:

That would be amazing! Not keen on the idea of Anubis or anything from mythology really.

He also rendered a modernized redux of the original Adventurers, made up of recolored preexisting prints and fused minifigure wear parts...

Lego Adventurers: Legacy

On 8/11/2019 at 5:13 AM, Coopa182 said:

I just read this on a local FB page. Take it with the usual grains of salt:

A person purchased a box over in Canada and found the following;

1. X5  Video Gamer

2. X3  Shower Guy

3. X4  Black Knight

4. X3  Monkey King

5. X4  Coder Girl

6. X5  Mummy

7. X4  Explorer

8. X3  Firefighter

9. X3  Dog Walker

10. X4 Pizza Guy

11. X5  Intergalactic Bounty Hunter

12. X3  Pet Owner (Flamingo Lady)

13. X4  Rugby Player

14. X3  Fox Girl

15. X4  Rainbow Bear

16. X3  Mountain Biker

Interesting facts;

- Row 1 and 2 had complete sets

- Row 3 did not

Starting from the front of the box each row had the same figures in the same order, all the figures that had 3 per box. In this order from the front. 12, 8, 16, 2, 4, 14, 9.  So for flamingo hunters, the first in each row. After the first 7 figures in each row, the distribution seemed to be random.

This would be quite helpful if Walmart hadn't taken to just emptying the initial allotment of cases into a wire bin. By the time I see an unadulterated case, I'll have long since bought what I needed.:rofl:

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ok LEGO where is the catch?

No secret chracters, no super rare minifigures, good distribution ratio.....

Sounds almost too good to be true... 

It's a kindness before the reaming they plan to give us for the 10th anniversary next year. :sceptic:

Having looked at that video, I gotta say that I didn't think it was possible for me to like the rainbow bear mascot any less than I did from the initial promo pic, but YIKES!  In the actual bricks, that thing looks like something straight outta "Five Nights At Freddie's" which is a definitive NOPE! for me.  Even more excited about the explorer, especially since he comes with the new bedroll backpack in reddish brown (I mean granted, I have been using the green ones for my Austro-Hungarian troops, but it's nice to see one in a more universal coloration).

I'm also happy to see that this series has a fairly even figure distribution without any of that "only 1 in a box" BS some of the other series had, and doubly happy that the Bounty Hunter is one of the 5 per box ones. :)

52 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

After seeing this review (which I personally dislike a lot, sorry), I'll say that the bounty hunter raises and the monkey king also, being tan and not flesh.
I revise my previous ratings on these two only, raising the bounty hunter at a 9/10 and the monkey king at a 7/10

29 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

After seeing this review (which I personally dislike a lot, sorry), I'll say that the bounty hunter raises and the monkey king also, being tan and not flesh.
I revise my previous ratings on these two only, raising the bounty hunter at a 9/10 and the monkey king at a 7/10

Well, I do believe this is the first review of the Series as a whole though, hence why I shared it here.

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I do believe this is the first review of the Series as a whole though, hence why I shared it here.

Yeah no problem, it was however useful, even if very rough.
Our bar is kind of high having @WhiteFang

Yeah,  weak review. He missed a number of things I would have talked about, announced a recolor as a new part, and touted a recolor that already existed as if new. Come on, @WhiteFang!

Guys. Just to let all of you know that a review is not coming anytime soon. Till now, EB has not got it yet. Cross fingers and hope for the best. However, it is very likely that it will be an extremely belated review. That’s my gut feel.