Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Just now, zoth33 said:

I believe the monkey kings feather is the same piece from the Overwatch set with Honzo and Genji.  They both have those pieces coming out of there headgear/hair.  

You're right, I definitely missed that one. Thank you! I clearly don't pay any attention to Overwatch sets...

So that makes 11 then, and definitely on the lower end... Even so, I think that we shouldn't expect a high new piece count all the time. It depends on what figures the LEGO designers want to make within a series, and other factors aside, they consider what's available in their current library. Reusing parts for different contexts can be successful, and for me, the Pizza Guy and Bounty Hunter are examples of such successes, even if the former was inevitable, and the latter is really just another formulaic space character with a gun...

I dont count cloth elements as new pieces. Those have to be like a looooooot cheaper than new plastic moulds

Just now, telaruhn said:

You're right, I definitely missed that one. Thank you! I clearly don't pay any attention to Overwatch sets...

So that makes 11 then, and definitely on the lower end... Even so, I think that we shouldn't expect a high new piece count all the time. It depends on what figures the LEGO designers want to make within a series, and other factors aside, they consider what's available in their current library. Reusing parts for different contexts can be successful, and for me, the Pizza Guy and Bounty Hunter are examples of such successes, even if the former was inevitable, and the latter is really just another formulaic space character with a gun...

No problem.  I actually have a couple of copies of the Overwatch set.  That's why i thought of it.  I am interested about the blacktron guys head.  I like the knight, mummy, and monkey king too.  

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I dont count cloth elements as new pieces. Those have to be like a looooooot cheaper than new plastic moulds

I think he's talking about the piece that comes out of the head gear it's plastic not cloth.  

No, he was talking about the cape, he called the piece on the headwear a "feather".

Sad there is little-to-nothing of new moulds that could be used for things other than city and future CMF stuff.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

I want to try something I never did: rating each fig from 0 to 5 stars.

5 stars: Dog walker, Fox girl, Monkey king,

4 stars: Video gamer (could be 5 except for his green hair), Shower guy, Mountain biker (could be 5, except for some odd colors), Explorer (could be 3, bonus for chameleon),

3 stars: Coder girl, Black knight, Mummy, Pet owner (5 stars for flamingo, 1 star for her outfit, average = 3), Pizza guy (could be 4, but his face looks odd), Intergalactic B.H., Rugby player (could be 4, but I'm not into rugby)

2 stars: Rainbow bear

1 star: none.

0 stars: Firefighter

So, definetely above average!

On 8/2/2019 at 10:42 PM, ShadowWolfHount said:

Time to share my thoughts.

9. Dog Sitter 5/10 - Poop...    they made a new piece that is poop...   "We could have use the money to many a new headwear for Johnny Thunder clone or new hair for the coder or something better than the rainbow bear, BUT WE NEED THAT POOP!" Besides that poop rant, the new dog is really nice but minifigure is a down right can seen is any city sets, they could had done something to make it fit the Dog Sitter like they did with the Dog Show Winner, even just a single dog treat, it's still something.  

12. Retiree 2/10 - This is 2nd worse, as @Robert8 said, this could have been in any city set, if they wanted to make get a Flamingo into CMF, they could had easily do a Zoo Keeper Guy (sense we already gotten a female Zoo Keeper long ago)

The above is the perfect example of how tastes differ and how hard it is for LEGO to make everyone happy at the same time; those two figures, along with the Ghost Knight (or whatever he's called) are, to me, the very best figures of the bunch. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Ogist said:

Very bad series. All animals are great, but minifigures - disaster. 

My words. 

Only the Knight torso is ok for me. 

Edited by Petric_G

Is the bicycle girl and bike going to fit in the official minifigure display cases?

5 minutes ago, MAB said:

Is the bicycle girl and bike going to fit in the official minifigure display cases?

If you put her on it and tilt the bike :grin:

According to the "likes" on social media, this is the ranking of popularity of the characters, from most "liked" to less "liked"

1. Monkey King

2. Jungle Explorer

3. Bounty Hunter

4. Let's Player

5. Dog Sitter

6. Pizza Guy

7. Fox Suit Girl

8. Shower/Bath Guy

9. Rainbow Bear

10. Ghostly Knight

11. BMX Biker

12. Rugby Player

13. Retiree

14. Mummy Lady

15. Robotics Engineer 

16. Firefighter

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

According to the "likes" on social media, this is the ranking of popularity of the characters, from most "liked" to less "liked"

Unless I’ve missed something Lego hasn’t put them up on their own social media platforms yet. So it’s possible that the numbers are skewed by who’s seeing what. The numbers from Lego’s account will give a broader and more even sample. 

I like Ghostly Knight's armour, but I think it's a shame he doesn't wear gloves, like Heroic Knight, Evil Knight and Frightening Knight all do. Now his hands are so specific what makes it impossible to just swap heads to make an undead version of him.

The rugby player looks nice like he is. Personally I had hoped for other colors so I could have made him an opponent for the soccer player. Does anyone know if minifigure legs with a short and socks exist in other colors? I can't find them in other colors but white, or it are short unbendable legs.

48 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

I like Ghostly Knight's armour, but I think it's a shame he doesn't wear gloves, like Heroic Knight, Evil Knight and Frightening Knight all do. Now his hands are so specific what makes it impossible to just swap heads to make an undead version of him.

Swapping hands a lot isn't advisable and can lead to damaging of the arms, but doing so just once to your desired colour is easy and shouldn't cause a problem.

Personally, the more I look at the high res pictures of the series, the more I like many of them. I totally get what people don't like, but since I myself am not a collector and don't rely on CMF for anything in particular, I judge every figure on a case by case basis and this series has a large quantity of highly detailed and fun heads, torsos, legs and accessories. I reckon I'll actually get a higher percentage of this series than I do of most.

42 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Swapping hands a lot isn't advisable and can lead to damaging of the arms, but doing so just once to your desired colour is easy and shouldn't cause a problem.

Is swapping hands considered a 'legal' building technique, as I have seen people able to order hands on Bricks & Pieces? Before I always considered torso and hands as one part.

Ik haven't dared to swap hands due to the possible damage you mentioned and as I remember from childhood!

Edited by Wesley D

3 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Is swapping hands considered a 'legal' building technique, as I have seen people able to order hands on Bricks & Pieces? Before I always considered torso and hands as one part.

Ik haven't dared to swap hands due to the possible damage you mentioned and as I remember from childhood!

I used to consider them one part until I discovered hands are sold separately on B&P. This is coming from a man who hates making illegal moves. I quite enjoy watching other people make them though.

Edited by J4ck

5 hours ago, Wesley D said:

I do it all the time (e.g. to make fleshy torsos that could otherwise work for yellow heads do so by replacing the fleshy hands with yellow or vice versa).  I even swap arms on torsos on a regular basis.  That being said, it's something I try to do as a more or less one-time deal for a particular custom figure because, as Clone OPatra said, it is possible to damage the sockets if you do it too many times or aren't careful.

Swapping hands & arms are fair game IMO. I try to be careful though, especially with the arms. Even if the arms are a slightly softer plastic the torso may crack.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:19 PM, Vorkosigan said:

I think this is a solid series and its disappointing to see all the complaining. For me there are two good figures I want multiples of (Blacktron an Fright Night), and plenty of figures I want one of. Only about 5 that are a complete pass. I think the level of detail and amount of accessories in this series is great except for just a couple exceptions. It also seems to provide a good variety of figures across themes. 

Agree it’s a solid series, and some great figures, parts and accessories. No idea why there’s all the complaining on here. My least exciting two figures are the two you think are best - which just goes to show that this appeals to everyone in different ways! 

On 8/5/2019 at 4:26 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No. Period.

On 8/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, MAB said:

Across city subthemes!

What themes are you looking for? Seems like a pretty similar distribution to the last few series. 

In terms of City there are only 4 figures that could maybe fit in a normal set: dog walker, biker, firefighter, shower guy. Gamer, programmer, rugby player and retiree are all too specific.

Edited by Vorkosigan

Hi guys, I don't know if this has been covered already on this forum, but does anybody know if series 19 will be sold in full boxes on LEGO online shop like Disney series 2 is?

If not does anyone know of any UK sellers (or someone who delivers to the UK) who sell full boxes? 

The only places I've previously known are Jadlam, Plus Market, or Wonderland. But none of them have the series listed yet. They usually list them after the announcement

Edited by legoSDR

1 hour ago, legoSDR said:

If not does anyone know of any UK sellers (or someone who delivers to the UK) who sell full boxes? 

I recommend minifiguremaddness.com, an Irish webshop that specializes in minifigs, be it complete sets of CMF series, factory-sealed CMF boxes or polybags :classic: Full boxes of 60 are usually around 185€ and series 19 can already be pre-ordered :thumbup: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I recommend minifigurenaddness.com, an Irish webshop that specializes in minifigs, be it complete sets of CMF series, factory-sealed CMF boxes or polybags :classic: Full boxes of 60 are usually around 185€ and series 19 can already be pre-ordered :thumbup: 

Thank you! I'll keep this one in mind!