Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

The Programmer has a jacket tied around her waist. The Mummy Queen seems to be intended to pair with Amset Ra from Pharaoh's Quest.

The pizza costume part of the pizza suit guy looks horrible.
A pizza is not YELLOW in any kind of way.
I was worried by the Low res quality and now I am even more.
Too bad.

Different pictures here: https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/minifiguren-serie-19/a-71025/?ReferrerID=15

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

32 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The pizza costume part of the pizza suit guy looks horrible.
A pizza is not YELLOW in any kind of way.
I was worried by the Low res quality and now I am even more.
Too bad.

Well, realistically you can’t wear a pizza as clothing either. It’s a pizza suit dude. Calm down. It’s LEGO. Colors are simplified. Yellow represents cheese. There is cheese on pizza.

Pizza Suit Guy looks great.

1 hour ago, Masked Mini said:
1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I like it when Lego goes meta.

Then you are just going to love the gamer guy fig... his jacket is printed with a pattern made from Blacktron I, M-tron and Futuron logos.

Oooooh, how did I overlook that?! :thumbup: :oh:

lego-71025-gamer.jpg

48 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The Mummy Queen seems to be intended to pair with Amset Ra from Pharaoh's Quest. 

I've been thinking of grabbing him, now I have to.

19 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

Well, realistically you can’t wear a pizza as clothing either. It’s a pizza suit dude. Calm down. It’s LEGO. Colors are simplified. Yellow represents cheese. There is cheese on pizza.

Pizza Suit Guy looks great.

Actually there's usually mozzarella on pizza which is not cheese.

45 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, yes, the link above also shares this...

Official names of the new characters from set 71025 having been revealed yet, but have been listed as:

1. Gamer
  2. Shower Guy
  3. Black Knight
  4. Monkey King
  5. Photographer
  6. Mummy with Scorpion
  7.  Jungle explorer with Charmeleon
  8. Fireman with megaphone
  9. Dog sitter with 2 dogs, shovel and dog pile
  10. Pizza Suit Guy
  11. Interstellar bounty hunter with “Wanted” poster
  12. Flamingo Loving Woman
  13. Rugby Player
  14. Fox Suit Guy
  15. Rainbow Bear
  16. Mountain biker

Thank heavens "Johnny Thunder" is designated as a Jungle Explorer rather than an Adventurer! :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Actually there's usually mozzarella on pizza which is not cheese.

Let's please not debate the finer details of pizza toppings.  Lego pizzas have been yellow for decades, therefore the pizza suit guy is yellow.  You're free to dislike the way Lego depicts pizza, but that's the way it is.  Regardless of the printing, the pizza suit is certainly the best possible reuse of the mold originally created for the CMF watermelon suit, and the printed tile that comes with the pizza suit is pretty nice too.

Just now, icm said:

Let's please not debate the finer details of pizza toppings.  Lego pizzas have been yellow for decades, therefore the pizza suit guy is yellow.  You're free to dislike the way Lego depicts pizza, but that's the way it is.  Regardless of the printing, the pizza suit is certainly the best possible reuse of the mold originally created for the CMF watermelon suit, and the printed tile that comes with the pizza suit is pretty nice too.

I want a giant slice of latticed cherry and/or apple pie! Peach cobbler! Damnit now I'm hungry and I left my breakfast and lunch at home.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

The retro shades on the Mountain Biker are kinda cool... :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

Agreed. These heads might be quite useful to the cyberpunk moccers amongst us.
In fact I'm seeing uses for several of the faces, the rugby player would make a lovely tired sentry.

I'm actually really happy to see her hair/helmet piece. Very nice that lego keeps making more pieces like that.
I have parts coming for a Dread Pirate Roberta and realized I really, really want a black tricorne hat with long dark red hair.

Now i’ve seen the hi-res pics i want the bounty hunter and the gamer too. The jungle explorer is much better than i thought but stays a maybe. 

I think the Fox Girl's accessories are a reference to an old riddle. "You need to get a fox, chicken, and bag of grain across a river. Only one of those three will fit in the boat with you. However, you can't leave the chicken with the grain, and you can't leave the fox with the chicken. What do you do?" It's either a cheeky reference by LEGO, or I'm thinking too deeply into this.

I love the mountain bike, rugby ball and new puppy dogs.......ouch my bank balance is going to be hit hard LOL

Well, I can definitely see why some people were rather disappointed with this series now that I've seen the official pics:  There are literally only 5 figs I actually want from this one, namely the Intergalactic Bounty Hunter, Jungle Explorer, Mummy, Monkey King & Knight (Undead Fright Knight!).  As for the rest, while there are some interesting head prints (particularly the female heads) and hair pieces, I'll just BrickLink those particular parts or grab them when they hit the Build a Minifig stand at the closest LEGO store.

Still, this series is far from the worst that LEGO has come out with for one of their non-licensed series, IMO.  That particular "award" still goes to series 18 (a.k.a. the crappy mascot series) as far as I'm concerned (18 was also the only series I skipped completely).

1 hour ago, icm said:

The fact that something has always been done in the wrong way doesn't mean that it cannot be corrected later on.
Example: Darh Vader helmet has been a single piece for decades, then they made a two piece, on on the neck one on the head top, so you can re-create the scene in which Luke removes the helmet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition

2 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Then you are just going to love the gamer guy fig... his jacket is printed with a pattern made from Blacktron I, M-tron and Futuron logos.

Not to mention the charm on his belt is the logo of Terabyte from the old Ultra Agents sets.

47 minutes ago, Schwa said:

I think the Fox Girl's accessories are a reference to an old riddle. "You need to get a fox, chicken, and bag of grain across a river. Only one of those three will fit in the boat with you. However, you can't leave the chicken with the grain, and you can't leave the fox with the chicken. What do you do?" It's either a cheeky reference by LEGO, or I'm thinking too deeply into this.

Interesting thought but I think you might be overthinking it. Consider "Fox in the hen house". Foxes eat or "steal" chickens. Since it's a Fox costume you wouldn't eat the chicken raw but steal it in a sack.

19 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Not to mention the charm on his belt is the logo of Terabyte from the old Ultra Agents sets.

I thought it looked like a Space Invader keychain myself but your take fits so much better with the rest of the call backs.

3 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

I saw that, so cool!! The programmer’s binary code translates to “Lego” too!

1 hour ago, Masked Mini said:

Robot chick's shirt spells out LEGO in binary!

Awww man I was ninja’d.

Edited by J4ck

Looks like a series with lots of useful minifigures and components! I have a soft spot for Johnny Thunder, so he's on the top of my list. However, seeing him redone this way makes me really wish that we could get an updated version of Dr. Kilroy. I've made an updated Pippin Reed already, but Kilroy has such distinctive features. There are newer head prints that have some of the components that made Kilroy unique, but none that have all of them. Similarly, I can't find a torso that matches his which also has back printing. The closest is the stilt walker from the latest people pack.

4 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I saw that, so cool!! The programmer’s binary code translates to “Lego” too!

Awww man I was ninja’d.

Great minds think alike! :wink: