Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

This topic is now reopen for discussion of CMF Series 19.

Do not engage with previous posts that are part of the discussion had about gender representation in the series. We are not in the habit of hiding or deleting such posts that are deemed civil and mature, but this topic was locked for 24 hours as a result of the instruction to move on not being heeded.

Anyone who continues that discussion in this topic will have their posting restricted and spoken to privately by staff in a less friendly manner.

Let's all please have a friendly and considerate discussion about the series. Even when LEGO disappoints, ultimately we're all here for a hobby, and discussing a toy hobby should be fun and comfortable for everyone involved.

Thank you :sweet: :thumbup:

On 7/26/2019 at 7:02 AM, Robert8 said:

*oh2* Then the head would be a vibrant coral face with only eyes printed 

This is what I wanted!

On 7/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, Robert8 said:

Rainbow Bear is a costume, not an actual bear. And its a guy.

It comes with an extra heart piece.

Darn. I was hoping for a minifigure-sized teddy, something I thought the bear mask would be able to replicate...

Speaking of extra parts, #3 comes with an extra sword and an extra plume, #9 comes with an extra poop, and #15 comes with en extra heart. So who else will we expect to come with extra parts??

• #4 with an extra plume and extra staff parts
  • #5 with extra parts to her robot assembly
  • #7 with an extra chameleon (wishful thinking on my part, but it looks small enough!!)
  • #12 with an extra stem

2 minutes ago, telaruhn said:

This is what I wanted!

Darn. I was hoping for a minifigure-sized teddy, something I thought the bear mask would be able to replicate...

Speaking of extra parts, #3 comes with an extra sword and an extra plume, #9 comes with an extra poop, and #15 comes with en extra heart. So who else will we expect to come with extra parts??

• #4 with an extra plume and extra staff parts
  • #5 with extra parts to her robot assembly
  • #7 with an extra chameleon (wishful thinking on my part, but it looks small enough!!)
  • #12 with an extra stem

There are already pics of #12, and it seems she doesnt come with spare parts.

I hope Monkey King will come with extra plume. And maybe #11 with an extra gun

What prompted the extra parts being included? I remember in the early series they included some spares but soon they stopped suddenly, there isn’t a price increase, right? Does it have to do with the bigger bags? I mean I’m not complaining though it’s nice to get some extras. 

38 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There are already pics of #12, and it seems she doesnt come with spare parts.

I hope Monkey King will come with extra plume. And maybe #11 with an extra gun

Strange. Giraffe Suit Guy and Sally both came with an extra stem...

18 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

What prompted the extra parts being included? I remember in the early series they included some spares but soon they stopped suddenly, there isn’t a price increase, right? Does it have to do with the bigger bags? I mean I’m not complaining though it’s nice to get some extras.  

It all started with The LEGO Movie 2 Series at the beginning of this year. I believe from that point on, the minifigures have been produced in a new facility. Thus, new packaging. I can only infer that new manufacturing practices are also in place, which includes spares for all their smaller elements. Don't know the reason for the changes, but there is no price increase!

Edited by telaruhn

I'm getting more excited about the Blacktron fig by the minute!
I've been sorting my bricks most evenings and today I came across my Trans Yellow Slave I windscreen which reminded me I had planned on a Blacktron I color variant.
I do believe this is a sign from TLC that I must realize that ambition. :excited:
It's even a Bounty Hunter, how pat.
"Capt. Solo is no good to me magnetized."

12 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

Anyone else notice the S.16 cyborg on the gamers Tile piece ?

Some people say is the S16 Rogue

I cant really tell

I'm really excited for this new series! Finally they're going back to the roots. There a so much diverse but interesting minifigures in this series!

It has been a very long time since I randomly bought blind bags of minifigures, as there were only some minifigures that interested me in the last series. It will be fun to get a lot of them and be surprised again!

I can't wait for better pictures or, even better, the release.

I'm not usually very interested in new series of CMF, since I don't want to buy figures by feel in the store and I don't like the Bricklink and eBay prices, but that Monkey King figure is calling my name .... I first read an abridged translation of Journey to the West when I was about 12, and a few years ago I read the entire novel, unabridged (in translation).  It's very long!  My laptop bag has a picture of Sun Wukong on the front, with the words "Stone Monkey King" written in large friendly letters.  It reminds me to be "Aware-of-Vacuity", humble, and diligent - never mind that Monkey doesn't show those qualities in great abundance!  So this is the kind of minifigure that I didn't know I needed.  The update of Johnny Thunder is also interesting.  The rest are pretty boring, but at least the mountain biker and the dog cleaner have more accessories than most CMFs.

While I'm waiting until official pics come out to give my final thoughts on this series, there are a few figs mentioned that are either extremely likely or are on my must-have list just from their description:

Definitley want to get at least one of the Monkey King/Sun Wukong figs just because I'm interested in Eastern lore.  Also the Blacktron & "Johnny Thunder" figs would be perfect for my custom armies, and the female firefighter might potentially be a fit for them.  Also want multiples of the Ghost Knight & Female Mummy for my undead faction.

36 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Definitely cyborg.

Yeah it is.

I can see blue and black.

nice to see them reference another figure from an earlier series.

and lastly does anyone know if there are only 16 figures in the series or did I misread something a while back?

17 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

and lastly does anyone know if there are only 16 figures in the series or did I misread something a while back?

It is only 16. A person who initially leaked the pamphlet altered it to say "16 to collect 17 to collect 18 to collect" in the different language bubbles, which sent shockwaves of speculation into the thread. The real pamphlet says only 16.

I hope that controller can be held in a hand like shown in the image! But I also wish the hoodie that the girl is wearing was a real piece, and I don't think it is.

7 hours ago, telaruhn said:

It will be simple to make a minifigure sized teddy from this character. Even leaving it as it is. Or if you don't like the tiny bits of yellow that show through the eyes, stick a black head on it under the headgear and it can have plain button eyes.

7 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

I wonder if it is due to complaints that people are missing parts from CMFs. Any complaint and they need to send out a new bag. Might as well just add an extra cheap part and be sure.

Has there been a nice clean photo of the Monkey's torso as yet?

Ah, dang it. I thought the gamer would be an easy pass for me but now that I see the detail on his shirt I kinda want it.

The obverse face on the mummy and the lip-licking face on the fox suit!

Edited by K_Tiger

32 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

I just posted the official pictures with high-res images of every figure on our blog, if anyone is interested: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-71025-minifiguren-serie-19/

Don't have their official names just yet? :shrug_confused:

BTW, the Bounty Hunter looks superb with the Dark Red and Yellow accenting, and I'm liking "Johnny Thunder" from what I can see more clearly now. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Yeah it is.

I can see blue and black.

nice to see them reference another figure from an earlier series.

I like it when Lego goes meta.

17 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I like it when Lego goes meta.

Then you are just going to love the gamer guy fig... his jacket is printed with a pattern made from Blacktron I, M-tron and Futuron logos.

Wow the series itself is ok, but some minifigs a freaking amazing! Johny Thunder cosplayer(lookalike), Space cop(uses new ant man helmet) Ghost Knight, Mummy, Pizza guy and Monkey king. Others have great accessories: gamer with new controller, new dog molds, and very usefull Fox suit double molded legs. Can’t wait to get some of them.

So they are releasing September 1?