LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Not sure if this has been posted yet.... but

YES YES YES FULL set of 16!!!

Edited by kevin1990

8 minutes ago, kevin1990 said:

Not sue if this has been posted yet.... but

YES YES YES FULL set of 16!!!

Hi

Leaks are not allowed here on Eurobricks. Not even links. We can talk about them but not share pics or link of leaked material. :classic:

But please tell us, what do you think of Series 19?

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Hi

Leaks are not allowed here on Eurobricks. Not even links. We can talk about them but not share pics or link of leaked material. :classic:

But please tell us, what do you think of Series 19?

Link removed... sry it been a while!

I just love them! Super excited!

But wasn't Vaderfan2187 banned? And there have been new releases since his banishment! I know I'd vote for the Ski Speeder.

The similar-to-but-legally-distinct-from-Care-Bears rainbow panda is easily my favorite. I'll probably be getting three of that one. It's hard to tell whether the color scheme on the rainbow tile is quite the same as on this tile, but if it is I'll want to pick up multiples of that piece alone!

Next on my list is the pizza suit guy. I figured this one was inevitable ever since I saw the watermelon suit, and this is everything I could have hoped for.

I've been gradually accumulating parts for a neo-Paradisa build, and the Florida Lady, as I've come to think of her, will be a wonderful addition to it.

The dog walker is a cute figure on her own, but obviously the main draw is the dogs themselves - the dachshund alone makes it an instant buy for me.

Last but not least on my "definitely buying" list is the robot programmer, who will fit in nicely in another of my long-gestating MOCs, the modular Research Institute.

Beyond those, the Blacktron-looking thing and the mountain biker are both strong maybes, pending clearer pictures.

After a few days looking at this full roster, here's some more thoughts! Since we don't have the official names, I'm just gonna use their numbers on the checklist for now.

1:  Like others on this thread have said, I'm not feeling the green hair, even though I like the headgear itself. But the rest of him is great. I like his video game case, which looks to have the S16 Cyborg on its cover. A 2x3 tile seems really large for a video game, but 1x2 would probably not look quite right.

2: The only part I don't like is the green rubber duck. I understand trying to use different colors, so it's simply a preference.

3: His translucent parts look like they would work great for an Ice Knight (to protect the Ice Queen), and I wonder how well he would part-swap with the Evil Knight...

4: I'm particularly fascinated with his cloth piece. Is it basically half of a Graduate gown? I don't really like his head accessory; it just points upward too much. Thankfully, it appears to be removable.

5: I can't really tell, but her shirt looks to be computer code? He face print is nice.

6: She makes me want to find and buy a Series 3 Mummy and an Anubis Guard (who is unfortunately very expensive, so LEGO should make another one of them!).

7: While he is referencing Johnny Thunder, to me he only exists for the sake of the chameleon, who is (and I say this with almost every new animal) my new favorite animal mold! Might have to get a few of him, since the backpack and dual-mold legs look very re-usable in particular.

8: Glad to see that hair-hat combo actually being used. I don't have a lot of firefighter sets, so I don't mind her presence here. Her prints make her an improvement from the S9 Policeman.

9: Two dogs with one figure is very generous. Not a complaint, but more of a welcome surprise. Glad they chose the bulldog to re-use and the dachshund as the new mold. And that poop! So cute. It's a "whodunit" situation...

10: That pizza menu tile looks nice. And those pants are definitely look like lattice, but I have no idea why. I always look forward to a new food costume mold with each series, and this is the first time we're not getting one...

11: I wonder what figure is printed on his poster... That space gun is basically the 2.0 version of that raygun-with-the-laser piece was in earlier series. We need more varieties of the Retro Spaceman's raygun!

12: Why is she holding just a plant stem? Is it meant to be a garden weed? I get the "retiree" vibe, but like #7, she feels like she exists only for the flamingo, which is beautiful.

13: The rugby ball piece looks similar enough to a football, maybe we'll get a recolor for a football player eventually?

14: She was already great with just the chicken, but a burlap sack is generous.

15: I feel like this figure is the result of them going through all the old costume molds and trying to get more mileage out of them. At least what they came up with is pretty cute. I'm thinking this time around, it's actually meant to be a bear and not a human dressed up as a bear. But I could be wrong.

16: The bike is a surprising inclusion. It would barely fit in the old bags. Even though I still don't like the new packaging, I'm intrigued to see what else they'll fit in them in the future...

Overall: A mixed series, to be sure. Most of them are just OK. What I can appreciate is that they're mostly very detailed. I try to be impartial, but I also feel like I'm expecting too much after many series. More than anything, I'm just thankful LEGO is back with original ideas.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:37 AM, x105Black said:

2 dogs in one pack is a great value

3 hours ago, telaruhn said:

Two dogs with one figure is very generous.

It is fantastic what accessories that fig have! The dachshund and the poop is a new mould, but the bulldog and shovel also are for the first time in that colour right?
Has there ever been a CMF before with as many as 4 accessories where 2 is new and 2 is in a new colour?

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Has there ever been a CMF before with as many as 4 accessories where 2 is new and 2 is in a new colour?

I don’t think so unless maybe if you count hats etc. but even then I don’t think there has been. I hope there isn’t a price increase!

Sadly I feel some minifigures were sacrificed for the Dog Sitter Girl and the BMX Biker. Minifigures like the Firewoman and the Rugby Player are really lacking in comparison.

I know that the poop piece is funny and everything but that could have been done with a brown stud. And use that new mold budget somewhere else.

That poop piece is out of proportion anyway. Whoever dog made that needs to be taken with the vet ASAP

7 hours ago, telaruhn said:

I'm thinking this time around, it's actually meant to be a bear and not a human dressed up as a bear. But I could be wrong.

*oh2* Then the head would be a vibrant coral face with only eyes printed 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Rugby Player are really lacking in comparison.

Aside from including a hair piece, I'm not sure what else they could have added to the rugby player. A new, purpose-made rugby helmet mold would be of limited reuse, unless there was a Die Mannschaft-style rugby series coming to Australia and New Zealand....

8 hours ago, telaruhn said:

6: She makes me want to find and buy a Series 3 Mummy and an Anubis Guard (who is unfortunately very expensive, so LEGO should make another one of them!).

She certainly cemented my aim to grab those Ninjago fire snake mummies. Definitely second them bringing that Anubis guard head out again. I traded for one that had some damage, and it's a great piece that should be reintroduced.

8 hours ago, telaruhn said:

16: The bike is a surprising inclusion. It would barely fit in the old bags. Even though I still don't like the new packaging, I'm intrigued to see what else they'll fit in them in the future...

That's my big take away. I'm not a fan of the new bag either, but if the trade-off is introducing the inclusion of larger elements, then I'll take it.

10 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I've been gradually accumulating parts for a neo-Paradisa build, and the Florida Lady, as I've come to think of her, will be a wonderful addition to it.

My brother from another mother. :thumbup:

Edited by K_Tiger

10 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Aside from including a hair piece, I'm not sure what else they could have added to the rugby player. A new, purpose-made rugby helmet mold would be of limited reuse, unless there was a Die Mannschaft-style rugby series coming to Australia and New Zealand....

I think I would have taken the rugby player down a more stylised route. Used one of the crazy Stade Francais type of strips with a yellow Ninjago Kai hair or something. Nice series, though. And nice to have rugby in it.

This is highly wishful thinking, but in my continued fretting over the Johnny Thunder homage's seeming change in occupation, I had a thought...

What if this CMF was recontextualized from an Archaeologist/Adventurer to an Explorer/Biologist to avoid overlap with an upcoming in-house playtheme to be released next year within the vein of Adventurers? :purrr:

Nah.... i dont see how it would affect to give him a map or the red gem.

They dont have troubles with overlaps like that. On Series 8 they included an Alien Villainess to go with the Alien Conquest theme

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That poop piece is out of proportion anyway. Whoever dog made that needs to be taken with the vet ASAP

Will be great for farm animals.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Will be great for farm animals.

:thumbup:
If we are really lucky the farm theme is back next year to use it

Brother from another Brick already got his figures.

The Ghostly Knight has some torso printing

On 7/25/2019 at 2:52 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

In my opinion CMF line is for minifigures that do not fit other themes. So, there is no castle and no space, hence the minifigures that @CMFanatic placed in the last spot are among the most legitimate to be in a CMF series, IMHO.

I'm not sure I agree with this rationale. I mean, if you follow it to its eventual conclusion, then a LOT of past Collectible Minifigures (even popular ones among historic or sci-fi builders) could have been omitted on the same grounds:

• the Spaceman, Robot, Space Alien, Space Villain, Alien Villainess, Evil Robot, Battle Mech, and Evil Mech could have appeared in then-current Space sets
  • the Forestman, Elf Warrior, Evil Dwarf, Frightening Knight, Heroic Knight, Forest Maiden could have appeared in then-current Castle sets
  • the Zombie Pirate could have appeared in then-current Pirates sets
  • the Mummy could have appeared in then-current Pharaoh's Quest sets
  • the Samurai Warrior, Kimono Girl, Samurai, and Evil Wizard could have appeared in then-current Ninjago sets
  • the Vampire Bat could have appeared in then-current Monster Fighters sets
  • Santa Claus, the Gingerbread Man, and the Holiday Elf could have appeared in then-current Winter Village or Seasonal sets.

But would fans of these themes have been any better off if these figures HADN'T shown up in the blind bags?

After all, just because they COULD have appeared in regular playsets doesn't mean they WOULD have. Most of those themes those figures could have hypothetically fit into presumably already had as many unique new figures as their assigned budgets, price points, and new element allowances could cover. And just because the figures fit in with those theme concepts as a whole didn't mean they fit in with then-current sets, waves, or subthemes.

It's also possible that in some cases, the ability to use a new mold in the collectible minifigures is the only way that mold gets made, since its "parent theme" might not be able to budget it into enough sets on its own to justify the development molding costs.

The same applies to LEGO City. Even if the modern-day figs from this series could hypothetically appear in future sets — particularly sets in the general-purpose "Town" subtheme such as the people packs — there might not be a set in question that's suited to AND has the budget for many these particular figure designs for years.

Plus, I suspect that the perennial popularity of modern-day subject matter — as evidenced by the perennial best-selling status of themes like City, Friends, and Creator which depict primarily modern-day scenarios — probably helps to boost the overall popularity and sales of the blind bags. And that may what allows LEGO to continue releasing minifigures from more uncommon categories that might not have the same proven popularity with kids or have full themes of their own, like Ancient Roman, Ancient Greek, Ancient Egyptian, Western, etc.

Actually, the funny thing is this one:
CMFanatic placed SHOWERING GUY at the first place while the only interesting thing in the whole minifigure is the towel.
We already had that headgear.
We already had a bare torso and bare legs.
We already had a rubber duck (in yellow) and a brush.

• The bare torso here seems to have a different physique than most of those we've had in sets before, which might make it useful for some purposes that the others might not have been.

• The rubber duck and brush never came in these colors before.

• The facial expression, with big grin and closed eyes, has only appeared on four figures: an Emmet Brickowski minifigure that has no eyebrows, a Crayon Girl minifigure that has lipstick, an Aaron Fox minifigure that has freckles and dark orange eyebrows, and a Queenie Goldstein minifigure that has lipstick, reddish brown eyebrows, and light nougat skin. A minifig head like this with black eyebrows and no lipstick has not previously existed.

• And of course, these blind bags are not designed specifically for AFOLs who can purchase whatever parts they want on BrickLink even if they haven't been available in sets for years. They're also intended for kids and adults who might be more casual collectors.

If the ability to build a particular subject yourself using retired parts were reason enough not to release it as a new set/figure, then we wouldn't see nearly so many people yearning for LEGO to bring back Castle, Forestmen, Classic Space, Blacktron, Adventurers, Pirates, Islanders, Wild West, etc.

The second one you like is the Pizza Suit Guy.
Which IMHO is the worst realized in the series. I mean, given the concept, they could really do way much metter.
Why?
1) A pizza slice has not the shape. They wanted to use again the watermelon mold, which was expected, but since when a watermelon slice and a pizza slice have the same shape?
2) Colours are totally wrong.
3) What you american guys keep on calling wrong "Pepperoni" (which is salami, to be correct, pepperoni actually are red peppers, which has nothing to do with salami) should be embossed, like the corn on the corn cob suit gay. But of course the lame choice of the watermelon mold can't lead otherwise.

Honestly, that pizza suit guy feels horribly wrong. I was hoping for a pizza suit guy, but that one is just lame.

1. Since… I dunno, at least as long as I've been alive? I mean, it's a mascot costume, not a real pizza slice, so it looking a little stylized is to be expected. This is about as accurate as I'd imagine a pizza slice costume to look in real life. Besides, I don't see why it's worth wishing for a mold to be LESS versatile. By using a mold without molded toppings, LEGO could potentially reuse it as a gift-with-purchase depicting a pizza costume with different toppings (like, say, shrimp and green peppers,

2. How are the colors wrong? Tan crust, yellow cheese, red sauce and pepperoni, black olives… none of that is the least bit unusual in either real life or LEGO. Not all real pizzas or LEGO pizzas will have those exact same ingredients in those same colors, but some certainly do.

3. Language is descriptive, not prescriptive. If enough people use a word with a particular meaning, it becomes a meaning of that word in their language even if it's not a meaning of that word in the language they derived it from.

Just look at how many medical and scientific terms come from Latin or Greek, but have different meanings in medicine and science than they did to the original speakers of those languages. "Coccyx" in Greek meant "cuckoo", but in medicine refers to the tailbone. "Bicps" in Latin meant "two headed", but in medicine it refers to an arm muscle.

Words gaining new and different meanings as they are adopted by new groups of speakers, new languages, or new contexts is not only normal but common, and has been happening constantly and throughout history. It's not a big deal.

Rainbow Bear is a costume, not an actual bear. And its a guy.

It comes with an extra heart piece.

13 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

After all, just because they COULD have appeared in regular playsets doesn't mean they WOULD have. Most of those themes those figures could have hypothetically fit into presumably already had as many unique new figures as their assigned budgets, price points, and new element allowances could cover. And just because the figures fit in with those theme concepts as a whole didn't mean they fit in with then-current sets, waves, or subthemes.

It's also possible that in some cases, the ability to use a new mold in the collectible minifigures is the only way that mold gets made, since its "parent theme" might not be able to budget it into enough sets on its own to justify the development molding costs.

This isn’t just why modern figures work in the regular series, it’s also why the licensed series serve a purpose. CMF figures are also more likely to have arm and leg printing and dual molding. 

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Rainbow Bear is a costume, not an actual bear. And its a guy.

It comes with an extra heart piece.

Definitely in the bottom half of the series for me, but I'm still gonna grab one. :facepalm:

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Conveniently the Corner Garage recently opened with a vet service on the 2nd floor to help with the care of all these new animals!