Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

48 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

They're not, but they do plenty of minifigs that are specific to different countries.

Some decidedly not-Eurocentric ones, in fact. I think the regional figures are some of my faves.

3 hours ago, 2maxwell said:

They're not, but they do plenty of minifigs that are specific to different countries.

I suppose they do but there really is only one country on Earth that gives the remotest toss about Thanksgiving. 

17 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

I suppose they do but there really is only one country on Earth that gives the remotest toss about Thanksgiving. 

Canada has a Thanksgiving, too. It's just celebrated on a different date.

26 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

And yet they release a seasonal Thanksgiving set every year. So it seems thats more than enough

So in this topic, I thought it would be fun to ask the community at large what they think of the leaked Series 19 photos. I know I'll be getting around 11 or so of the 16 - and I want to know what ya'll want and what you think they left out! Also, Robert8, they've made some of your "hopefuls"! Including Shower Guy, Ghost Knight, Pizza Suit Guy and Rugby Player! Are you excited? Do you think they borrowed your ideas? I loved your posts and copied photos of all your series ideas for my user phot and PC backgrounds! (Do you mind? 'Cause if you do, I'll trade them out...)

Sooooo.....this series looks like it's going to be packaged in the newer type "tall" bags that they started with The LEGO Movie 2. Shucks, I wish they'd stuck with the original versions....but maybe that means we'll get some extra pieces! I would like that. It also means that the minifigs will be a little easier to feel out, becase the bag is thinner. But it also means that we'll have to be more careful to not puncture the bags when trying really hard to figure out a piece. (That has happened to me before....and people get really mad.)

So here are MY personal ratings for these minifigures:

Place #1: This would have to be the Showering Guy (#2). Frankly, we needed something candid like this. Unfortunately (for me, at least) most other series minifigures, don't feature people doing stuff at home. (There are only 2 exceptions: Babysitter (Series 16) and Sleepyhead (Series 6), who both were minifigures that would be more around-the-house characters.) Anyways, that new rubber ducky piece is SWEET! I love the bath towel piece, too. I wonder if LEGO made him be wearing underwear beneath? I would certainly hope so... *shudder* It would go hand-in-hand with their "kid-friendly" attitude to make this guy with underwear. So let's cross our fingers....? I bet LEGO's official "Minifig Profile" will have something about him liking to sing in the shower. I believe that he has a reversible head, too - if you compare the leaked photo of the packet and the poster, the heads are different.

Place #2: Gotta be Pizza Suit Guy (#10). I mean, the minute my 8 siblings and I saw The LEGO Movie 2 series at Walmart (our version of ASDA, guys) and saw Watermelon Suit Guy, I said "I bet there's a pizza suit guy in the next series!"Well, it's nearly always fun to be right. And the pizza guy will go well with the Series 12 Pizza Delivery Guy! Love the pizza box (or poster - kinda hard to tell...) and the (apparently?) fully printed legs - a first for any suit person.

Place #3: Video Game Guy (#1). I can see this minifigure being quite useful for LEGO brickfilms - perhaps I can film a more kid-friendly spoof of "Dude! Where's My Car?" with a modern context. I'm definitely getting several. This was apparently another tie-in with Series 12's Video Game Guy - only modernized? I love the Xbox controller piece and the Star Wars pilot hair recolored!

Place #4 is fairly equally tied between the Pooper Scooper (#9), the Biologist -? (#7) and Fox Suit Person (#14). (The photo is low-res, so I can't tell if it's Fox Guy or Fox Girl. Time will tell, I guess!) I like all three for their animal accessories - I was hoping LEGO would make a dachshund and they did! The recolor of the bulldog is sweet, and the chameleon is great! I also needed some chickens for a short brickfilm but they were soooo expensive that I passed. (Maybe I can dig up the dusty script from somewhere...) I liked the reference to Fox Suit Person in The LEGO Movie 2! (Look at Queen Whatevra's wedding scenes very closely.....) I like it when LEGO makes two or three suit people in a series, so this one has a good balance. (Series 18 was just overkill...)

Place #5 goes to the Rugby Player. I mean, who DOESN't like this guy? LEGO finally gave us a ball for a sports minifig! That much I'm happy about! I also think this minifig has a reversible head, based on comparisons of the packet front and the poster. And it means I can do a football/rugby brickfilm! Yay!

Place #6 would be Retiree (#12). I know that many of ya'll, since you're not from the US, wouldn't get this reference but it's a "typically American" type minifigure. (Which I think is only fair, because while Europe has gotten sooooo many cool minifigures associated with its rich history, us Americans have one minifigure: Abraham Lincoln. Who wasn't even that great.) Anyways, that pink flamingo piece is epic! I've gotta get at least two of her...Maybe next series they'll make a Flamingo Suit Person! 

OK, now we're in the second half of the series - the ones I don't like that much.  However, it usually ends up that I get more than one of the ones I initially don't like, so perhaps I'll get the first 3 here? Anyways, let's go:

Place #7 is the Robotics Person (#5). Now, while the little robot build and the recolor of the computer piece are both cool, this minifigure could have just been in a people pack or something for all I care. For starters, the hair doesn't look very realistic, compared to styles I've seen. It's OK, though. Also, the minifig doesn't appear to be wearing a belt, which is sad: I always like minifigs with belts. Can't tell what's on the front of the shirt, but I bet it's three lines of computer code that would spell out the name of a designer or something. (I'll check it out when we get higher-res photos, guys!)

Place #8 goes to the Fire Cheifette (#8). And yes, I know that "Chiefette" is not a word. However, I don't particularly like this minifig because we already have a TON of Fire people from the City theme (and more released every year!) so why make another one? I do like the horn, though. The hat/hair combo is good enough to warrant spending $4.25 (with tax) on this one...I guess. We'll see.

Place #9 goes to the Mountain Biker Girl (#16). This is another minifigure that puzzles me - why make another mountain biker and not just stick it into a People Pack? And we already had a female mountain biker in the "Fun Outdoors" people pack....why make another one so soon afterwards? At least it'll be easy to feel out. The bike is the real draw here, because of the recolor (and the possibility of getting some motorcycle wheels that aren't damaged...) The hat'hair combo is OK, but not enough to get the minifig for, otherwise.

Now we're getting to the really bad ones - the ones that I don't even know why they made them in this series. (there are usually a few of these in every series...sadly.) I rate them all the same - BAD. 

We have the Female Mummy (#6), Ghost Knight (#3), Monkey King (#4), Evil Drone -? (#11) and Rainbow Panda (#15). The rainbow panda is the one I have the biggest problem with - why have a recolor of the Panda hat? This minifigure doesn't even have any good defining characteristics, either....except that she's gaudy. The Ghost knight is also just a weird minifig - though i must admit that the transparent blue sword almost makes it worthwhile. But really, we have 3 knights already (and not to mention several entire themes about them) so why make another one? And the Evil Mech...really, LEGO? Why another "evil space thing in a suit"? Haven't we seen enough of these already? Come on.....  (I bet you can tell that I don't like fantasy themed minifigs that much. And it's true - though a Doctor Who series or a Sci-fi series would both be cool things.)

Anyways, what do ya'll think? Be sure to message me what your "Top 5" are and I'll make a list when they come out of which ones are the highest rated! 

Signin' off,

Nathan

Edited by Peppermint_M
Photo leaks can't be shared here.

Hey, welcome to Eurobricks @CMFanatic (clever user name by the way)! :wink:

I just wish to warn you that posting of leaked set images is prohibited here on Eurobricks, so you might want to quickly remove that pamphlet leak. :look:

I love the animals.  2 dogs in one pack is a great value.  Also, the flamingo is wonderful.  Add in the chameleon, duck, chicken, scorpion... plenty of animals.

Along those same lines, the fox is fantastic.  I also like the recolored panda, although less so.  I appreciate it more for the rainbow curved tile.

Of course I like the knight.  Not as much use for the head, probably, but I've already been building a bat faction, so that's just awesome.

I also like the Chima- looking guy next to him.  Despite not liking the line much, I do enjoy a good few of their minifigure parts.  This guy looks like he would fit in with the fire-themed Chima characters, and I do like those designs.  I hope that this character will be much like that.

That Blacktron character definitely piques my interest, as I generally enjoy updated takes on old themes from my childhood like this one.  I also love the old Space themes, so this could be great.

Similarly, revisiting Johnny Thunder is something that I can really appreciate, but I was never as big a fan of Adventurers.  Still, I love the character.

He also goes really well with the mummy, which is one of my favorites in this series.  The mummy is a top contender for army building.  I hope it has a high distribution.

I can see why City fans enjoy all of the others.  It's always great to have headpieces with hair, printed pieces, costumed characters, workers, athletes, etc. for a city layout.

From what I can tell from the early pictures, I think it's a great series that works for me.  What I get out of it is 3 or 4 great army builders, a few novelties, and some awesome animals.

And who wouldn't want a LEGO poop?

I could see myself buying about 15 of these (packs, not characters).  Could fluctuate in either direction upon further review.

As it stands currently, the only two I'm iffy on are the bear and gamer. I've accidentally ended up being a completionist on the mascot/costumed figures, so I'll likely end up with it, but it's not exactly the finest example of the genre. I liked the reuse of Poe's hair on the gamer, though it being green makes it a bit less useful. The controller might make me reconsider, though. I think it's a pretty nice return to the non-licensed, non-themed series. I even like the Blacktron figure (Space isn't really my bag).

I have uses for parts of every one of these figs. I'll give my uses in list order.

1) I'm a big fan of the 90's cult classic Hackers, and plan to do a sci-fi cyberpunk riff. The head would be great for a swashbuckler in BOBS.

2) I need more bare chests for diversity. Same with the head. That towel is easily just another skirt. The shower cap is a toadstool top.

3) The rust lines on the shield means I'll only get one of these, but that's all I'll need. The head and sword will go towards my sci-fi cyberpunk build. That plume is the water piece I've been waiting to see. The rest of him will end up in my fantasy figs assortment.

4) I can see several uses for all of him. Planet of the Apes riff! Fancy warrior garb. I may want a few of these.

5) Head and hair will be welcome in my BOBS fig parts. That torso goes to the sci-fi cyberpunk build. Same with that 1x1x1 brick.

6) I'd part out the headdress to one of by BOBS figs, but then she can go with my other mummies.

7) Easily the most usable for BOBS, so there might be some competition for use.

8) I have a limited amount of firefighters, so the torso is welcome. I have an idea for the legs. I can always use more female heads.

9) Dogs and female head. Nuff said.

10) The pizza part is going on a robot head for the sci-fi cyberpunk build. Those pants with the Argyle print will have a home on a BOBS fig.

11) Pure sci-fi army builder.

12) Another female head, gotta have it. I know just how to use that hair. Lime green hands, gimmie! This Floridian needs that flamingo!

13) Moderate part out. I might get two if the fig does have dual face.

14) I have a use for those legs. The black hands, bag, and chicken are always useful. The headgear can be used for a native skinwalker ritual.

15) That bear head on a robot body. A very evil addition to a sci-fi build.

16) A good, tough female face.The body goes to that sci-fi cyberpunk build. The bike might be the most useless thing for me.

9 hours ago, Hellfire said:
On 7/23/2019 at 8:37 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I was at least hoping for a Pilgrim (i.e. a Mayflower colonist) for Thanksgiving. :sceptic:

You do know Lego isn't an American company, right?

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And yet they release a seasonal Thanksgiving set every year. So it seems thats more than enough

Exactly; and besides, a Pilgrim/Mayflower Colonist can also be thought of as a historical archetype rather than just a seasonal archetype. 

This is why LEGO is beautiful. We have so many different opinions.
To me, at least 6 or 7 in this series are totally useless minifigures FOR a CMF line. 
Video game guy, shower guy, robot programmer, firefighter, dog walker, flamingo lady, biker girl are just plain city minifigures with new accessories, they could come from a city pack (like fun at the beach, fun at the park and so on) and nobody would have found it strange.

In my opinion CMF line is for minifigures that do not fit other themes. So, there is no castle and no space, hence the minifigures that @CMFanatic placed in the last spot are among the most legitimate to be in a CMF series, IMHO.

Actually, the funny thing is this one:
CMFanatic placed SHOWERING GUY at the first place while the only interesting thing in the whole minifigure is the towel.
We already had that headgear.
We already had a bare torso and bare legs.
We already had a rubber duck (in yellow) and a brush.

So, the one you're liking the most is something that you could already build for yourself.

The second one you like is the Pizza Suit Guy.
Which IMHO is the worst realized in the series. I mean, given the concept, they could really do way much metter.
Why?
1) A pizza slice has not the shape. They wanted to use again the watermelon mold, which was expected, but since when a watermelon slice and a pizza slice have the same shape?
2) Colours are totally wrong.
3) What you american guys keep on calling wrong "Pepperoni" (which is salami, to be correct, pepperoni actually are red peppers, which has nothing to do with salami) should be embossed, like the corn on the corn cob suit gay. But of course the lame choice of the watermelon mold can't lead otherwise.

Honestly, that pizza suit guy feels horribly wrong. I was hoping for a pizza suit guy, but that one is just lame.

Well, world is nice because we all have different opinions.

8 hours ago, CMFanatic said:

So in this topic, I thought it would be fun to ask the community at large what they think of the leaked Series 19 photos. I know I'll be getting around 11 or so of the 16 - and I want to know what ya'll want and what you think they left out! Also, Robert8, they've made some of your "hopefuls"! Including Shower Guy, Ghost Knight, Pizza Suit Guy and Rugby Player! Are you excited? Do you think they borrowed your ideas? I loved your posts and copied photos of all your series ideas for my user phot and PC backgrounds! (Do you mind? 'Cause if you do, I'll trade them out...)

It's ok you can use them for that :) I'm honored that Sneaky Guy is your profile pic. 

I don't they took those characters from my ideas. Those are just very common archetypes. And yes I'm excited to get the series. Not as much as before because the series feels rather weak for me, but I'll get at least one of each. 

I think this thread should be merged with the main S19 discussion thread whre we all can share our thoughts :classic:

Oh and welcome to Eurobricks :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

This is why LEGO is beautiful. We have so many different opinions.
To me, at least 6 or 7 in this series are totally useless minifigures FOR a CMF line. 
Video game guy, shower guy, robot programmer, firefighter, dog walker, flamingo lady, biker girl are just plain city minifigures with new accessories, they could come from a city pack (like fun at the beach, fun at the park and so on) and nobody would have found it strange.

I'm surprised they didn't include a Pirate considering this year marks the 30th anniversary of LEGO pirates. And it would have been easy to give an animal accesory. Like a Pirate Woman with a monkey or parrot or an Islander woman with recolor of the Nagini mold or any other exotic animal

8 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I'm a big fan of the 90's cult classic Hackers

HACK THE PLANET!

That's an angle I hadn't considered for the gamer.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I think this thread should be merged with the main S19 discussion thread whre we all can share our thoughts :classic:

Last night, that's what I'd thought too, but I see @Peppermint_M had come by and edited this topic without doing so. :shrug_oh_well:

My personal favourites are the knight, the Mummy and the 'biologist' though all the animals are great. 

Though it's got some cool pieces overall I find this series a bit dull as 8/16(so half)of them are just modern day people and another 3 are costume people which are sort of modern day which only leaves 5 that aren't.

Thanks for the comments, guys! 

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

In my opinion CMF line is for minifigures that do not fit other themes. So, there is no castle and no space, hence the minifigures that @CMFanatic placed in the last spot are among the most legitimate to be in a CMF series, IMHO.

Actually, the funny thing is this one:
CMFanatic placed SHOWERING GUY at the first place while the only interesting thing in the whole minifigure is the towel.
We already had that headgear.
We already had a bare torso and bare legs.
We already had a rubber duck (in yellow) and a brush.

So, the one you're liking the most is something that you could already build for yourself.

I agree about shower guy's pieces already being available, but what set exactly would they put him in? I mean, it's not like they're going to just make a City house set and have a guy bathing in it anytime soon...which is sad. And like I stated, I couldn't figure out why biker girl was in the series either. But LEGO does what they want, I guess. Also, as a brickfilmer who prefers things that stick closer to real life, I like minifigures that I can just get one or two of for the scene I need. That way, I can spend $8 and not $40... So that's why my personal faves are the ones that are closest to real life. (But I slept on a final decision about that Ghost Knight and he is pretty dang cool.) You never did tell me what your favorite minifigs were either, lol. ;)

9 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

Thanks for the comments, guys! 

I agree about shower guy's pieces already being available, but what set exactly would they put him in? I mean, it's not like they're going to just make a City house set and have a guy bathing in it anytime soon...which is sad. And like I stated, I couldn't figure out why biker girl was in the series either. But LEGO does what they want, I guess. Also, as a brickfilmer who prefers things that stick closer to real life, I like minifigures that I can just get one or two of for the scene I need. That way, I can spend $8 and not $40... So that's why my personal faves are the ones that are closest to real life. (But I slept on a final decision about that Ghost Knight and he is pretty dang cool.) You never did tell me what your favorite minifigs were either, lol. ;)

They had a guy having a bath in a Forest police set: 
60173-1.jpg?201710270711
So who knows?

My favourites from this series are just the vampire knight, the mummy and the blacktron minifigure. 
Apart from these three I may end up buying some multiple of the Monkey King and that's all.
It's a poor series in my own opinion.

15 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

You never did tell me what your favorite minifigs were either, lol. ;)

Neither did I, and that's because I've decided to reserve my final judgement for the official images. Based on what we have now though, I'm thinking the "Blacktron Bounty Hunter" might come in First Place for me, with "Johnny Thunder" in Second Place. The latter would've come in First Place if they hadn't seemingly changed this intended homage's occupation from Adventurer/Archaeologist to that of a Naturalist/Herpetologist(?) :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

My favourites from this series are just the vampire knight, the mummy and the blacktron minifigure. 
Apart from these three I may end up buying some multiple of the Monkey King and that's all.
It's a poor series in my own opinion.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Though it's got some cool pieces overall I find this series a bit dull as 8/16(so half)of them are just modern day people and another 3 are costume people which are sort of modern day which only leaves 5 that aren't.

So several people are saying that it's a bit dull... Well, I respect that. (Maybe I'm too hyped up about it!) 

Also, I had forgotten about that set! But it was too expensive for me, and the build was boring...

My point is: LEGO has done an "all monster" series then an "all costumes" series.
Imho they could try and do an "all castle" series considering the lack of castle themes, I don't think their sales can do anything worse than Simpson 2.
I got the whole box for $30, 0,50$ per minifig, it was really the worst selling series ever.

Gonna be honest: This series feels a bit...I think perfunctory is the right word. Like TLG felt obligated to produce an unthemed CMF series, rather than enthusiastic. I would not be surprised to learn that most of these figures were planned for actual sets, could not be included for one reason or another, and got chucked into the CMFs instead. Then again, I'm more of a fan of fantastical and historical characters than modern City people, and I think this is the highest concentration of City minifigs in any unlicensed series.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

My point is: LEGO has done an "all monster" series then an "all costumes" series.
Imho they could try and do an "all castle" series considering the lack of castle themes, I don't think their sales can do anything worse than Simpson 2.
I got the whole box for $30, 0,50$ per minifig, it was really the worst selling series ever.

@Itaria No Shintaku, I agree that they couldn't go any lower than Simpsons 2. But personally, I found Series 14 and Series 18 to be - well, repetitive.

I mean, I like variety. Some of the 'figs in almost every series are ones that I like - while there are others that I just can't like. And while LEGO hasn't done any Castle recently, I don't blame them - the market has shifted more towards modern stuff and sci-fi. But if you were able to propose collectible minifigure themes on LEGO IDEAS, then I would vote for your idea! Also, when is the next "greatest minifig"contest? I wanna join!

Maybe LEGO should hire Robert8 for ideas - that way, we'd have a great variety - like in Series 10 and 11! Way to go, man! P.S. When's Series p coming out? Can I make some suggestions to you?

21 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

@Itaria No Shintaku, I agree that they couldn't go any lower than Simpsons 2. But personally, I found Series 14 and Series 18 to be - well, repetitive.

I mean, I like variety. Some of the 'figs in almost every series are ones that I like - while there are others that I just can't like. And while LEGO hasn't done any Castle recently, I don't blame them - the market has shifted more towards modern stuff and sci-fi. But if you were able to propose collectible minifigure themes on LEGO IDEAS, then I would vote for your idea! Also, when is the next "greatest minifig"contest? I wanna join!

Maybe LEGO should hire Robert8 for ideas - that way, we'd have a great variety - like in Series 10 and 11! Way to go, man! P.S. When's Series p coming out? Can I make some suggestions to you?

There wasn't great partecipation in my latest contest. I had to abort the castle one because it was voted by merely 20 people more or less.
I don't know if I should do another game again.
I'd always welcome feedbacks.

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

There wasn't great partecipation in my latest contest. I had to abort the castle one because it was voted by merely 20 people more or less.
I don't know if I should do another game again.
I'd always welcome feedbacks.

Maybe you should do a Castle or Star Wars one (excluding UCS Star Wars, of course...)