Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah I dont really think there will be any  SciFi characters on this one. With TLM2, Star Wars, City and Overwatch having all SciFi minifigures or accesories, I dont see how TLG can release more on this one. There is kind of an oversaturation of SciFi themes this year, especially with TLM2 alone having 3 styles of space themed sets (Rex-Systar-Classic)

And also Star Wars IX is coming at the end of the year. 

Enough is enough

OK, I suppose that's true regarding the saturation of Sci-Fi representation we've had this year outside of Star Wars; though there at least should be one such CMF amongst the sixteen within Series 19, right? If anything, Victorian Steampunk should be given a chance, something that could satisfy those with both a historical itch and a sci-fi itch.

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And on the topic of areas that should be given a rest - am I the only one who hopes for no costumes this time? The last regular series was mostly costumes and then they managed to fit a few more into the TLM2 cmf, so they’ve been kind of overdone recently as well. Maybe do a trick or treater of some sort (since this is the first fall series in a while) but can we skip the fur suits and giant food this time?

Amen brother to that! :smug:

11 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm generally a fan of the costumed figures, and I do believe there are more subject they can tackle, (the aforementioned pizza and taco included) I could use a breather. I suspect at least one in S.19, but three wouldn't be surprising. I definitely want more trick-or-treaters, though!

Given this Series' placement in the year release-wise, yes, trick-or-treaters and other seasonal/holiday-themed archetypes should be definitely given precedence! :thumbup:

I agree with the commentaries above about some saturation with the costume theme. Some people mentioned their hopes of having historical theme (castle, pirates): I will add some real historical theme (Renaissance, medieval time, or a Beefeater for example). I collect Minifig with a food theme to advertise in front of my Green Grocer, but they’re actually collectively bigger then the store itself...

9 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

I agree with the commentaries above about some saturation with the costume theme. Some people mentioned their hopes of having historical theme (castle, pirates): I will add some real historical theme (Renaissance, medieval time, or a Beefeater for example). I collect Minifig with a food theme to advertise in front of my Green Grocer, but they’re actually collectively bigger then the store itself...

Personally, I think historical eras and cultures that have never yet had any playtheme/playset representation should be given just a little more precedence over further medieval archetypes, as they may never a chance for such beyond the Collectable Minifigure theme. 

Unfortunately, it’s beyond my control. Just have to hope for the best. Thanks guys for your support too. :sweet: 

11 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

Unfortunately, it’s beyond my control. Just have to hope for the best.

"Beyond my control?:shrug_confused:

Sorry, for some reason I'm not sure what you're suggesting there. :look:

I'd love to see some Fabuland CMFs. Even if they don't have the old Fabuland body style. 

I realize I might be in a very small minority on this...

2 hours ago, danth said:

I'd love to see some Fabuland CMFs. Even if they don't have the old Fabuland body style. 

I mean, they did show up in the background of TLM2...

Personally though, if Lego is going to put animal headed figures in the cmf I’m hoping for Egyptian gods first. 

Not sure if it’s been brought up yet, but this is going to be the first unlicensed series with access to the teen legs AND the new skirt piece. I wonder how much they’ll take advantage of that. 

2 hours ago, danth said:

Hey, I'm kinda with you on that, as I'd rather see real anthropomorphic animal CMFs in place of those "costumed" archetypes. 

@K_Tiger Lego didn’t choose which minifigures were put in TLM2 CMF, that decision was down to Warner Bros.

9 hours ago, Hippocampe said:

Two words:

P L A G U E   D O C T O R

It always bothered me how the more recent series (which aren’t even that recent :oh:) have gone with multiple costumes because I’ve always seen them as a waste of a slot, and I’m just a collector. I imagine it’s worse for someone who uses specific minifigures. 

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, I'm kinda with you on that, as I'd rather see real anthropomorphic animal CMFs in place of those "costumed" archetypes. 

I’d gladly welcomed more outlandish ideas especially if TLG is “running out of ideas” or willingness considering the long wait for a non-licensed. Although I have to ask, what are some examples of a figure with animal headpieces? :shrug_oh_well:

The anticipation is killing me for this, especially with the heightened activity for this thread. What are the chances we get a wildcard pick we aren’t expecting like the Satyr? I’m actually not worried that they’ll be a sci-fi themed minifig, along with some army-builder style because they usually have at least one slot for those themes. 

15 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

I’d gladly welcomed more outlandish ideas especially if TLG is “running out of ideas” or willingness considering the long wait for a non-licensed. Although I have to ask, what are some examples of a figure with animal headpieces? :shrug_oh_well:

Preexisting examples from Lego's past offerings, that is? :shrug_confused:

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Although I have to ask, what are some examples of a figure with animal headpieces? :shrug_oh_well:

Well, let's discard the Chima animals (aside from the beaver/yeti/brickfoot piece). That leaves most of the Ninjago snake figures, the Minotaur and fly monster from the CMF line, and at least 3 werewolves? Then there's the licensed stuff, that may be of dubious reuse, i.e Cheshire Cat, Rocket Raccoon, the Flying Monkeys. Anubis Guard could also count, technically. I'm sure I've missed a lot.

I think everyone is pretty hyped to see the line up, and simultaneously frustrated at the wait.

Edited by K_Tiger

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Preexisting examples from Lego's past offerings, that is? :shrug_confused:

42 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Well, let's discard the Chima animals (aside from the beaver/yeti/brickfoot piece). That leaves most of the Ninjago snake figures, the Minotaur and fly monster from the CMF line, and at least 3 werewolves? Then there's the licensed stuff, that may be of dubious reuse, i.e Cheshire Cat, Rocket Raccoon, the Flying Monkeys. Anubis Guard could also count, technically. I'm sure I've missed a lot.

My apologies, I meant new figures they could make in a series - as opposed to costumes with headgear :sceptic:

I'm surprised to see so much dislike for the costumed characters.  They are often my favorites from each series.  Then again, after the full series of costumes, I suppose I could see how there have been a lot of them recently.

52 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I think everyone is pretty hyped to see the line up, and simultaneously frustrated at the wait.

Well it's been 2 years since the last regular series...... 

And I think the reveal might happen within the next hours 

Maybe... tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well it's been 2 years since the last regular series...... 

Maybe... tomorrow?

From your lips to Ole Kirk Christiansen's ears. Two years, man, just awful.

14 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

My apologies, I meant new figures they could make in a series - as opposed to costumes with headgear :sceptic:

Ahhh, I see. I guess it depends on how creative they decide to get. I suppose they could make any manner of werecreatures, and the Egyptian pantheon is pretty much all animal-headed gods. They already did Anubis, technically.

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe... tomorrow?

Hmmm, is there any historical precedent for such a speculative prediction? :shrug_confused:

5 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:
22 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

Ahhh, I see. I guess it depends on how creative they decide to get. I suppose they could make any manner of werecreatures, and the Egyptian pantheon is pretty much all animal-headed gods. They already did Anubis, technically.

Personally, I've kinda just wanted to simply see a trend of city-dwelling anthropomorphic denizens in replacement of costumed archetypes, the type of everyday occupants that make up Richard Scarry's Busytown, Disney's Zootopia, and of course, Lego's Fabuland. :shrug_oh_well:

Its just that they have been revealing a lot of stuff this week. From what we know we are done with the SDCC reveals, there is only S19 left.

And S8, S12, S11 were revealed around the second week of July

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Its just that they have been revealing a lot of stuff this week. From what we know we are done with the SDCC reveals, there is only S19 left.

Well, for the remainder of 2019's offerings, there's also a few other D2Cs, a couple of LEGO Ideas sets, the Rise of Skywalker sets, six Frozen II sets... :sceptic:

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

And S8, S12, S11 were revealed around the second week of July

If it's supposed to be a September release, I was expecting the first week of August, but the precedent for those three Series you mentioned sounds promising! :classic:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for the remainder of 2019's offerings, there's also a few other D2Cs, a couple of LEGO Ideas sets, the Rise of Skywalker sets, six Frozen II sets... :sceptic:

Don’t forget the second wave of Endgame sets ?. On a positive note, pretty much everything yet to be revealed is licensed (and mostly licensed by Disney) so Lego might decide to reveal series 19 to show off something of their own?

3 hours ago, sithewok said:

I'm surprised to see so much dislike for the costumed characters.  They are often my favorites from each series.  Then again, after the full series of costumes, I suppose I could see how there have been a lot of them recently.

I love them. I mostly get CMF’s if they’re regular folks I can use in my twin....except the costume guys. I always get them. 

To be honest, I fail to understand the way TLG could run out of ideas.

Follow me.

Costumed characters. They can virtually do anything they want. They can use also the new teen legs to add more Halloween costumed characters (kid vampire, kid ghost, kid frankenstein kid whateveryouwant)
Geographical Specific characters. They have still room for dozens of characters. We have been talking about them for ages. Canadian Mountie. Russian Cossack. Venetian Gondoliere. Beefeater. We can go on forever.
Profession related characters. They can go on forever even here. I still haven't seen a Firefighter, a Newsagent, a Baker, a Grocer, a Dentist...
Sports characters. They still miss many, like a Rugby Player, a Basketball Player, a Waterpolo Player, a Volleyball Player, an Handball Player and so on.
Male/female counterparts of existing characters. They have done dozens of these, so they can go on like making a Groom (for the Bride), a Policewoman, a Cook (male), etc. I can really pick nearly any characters and wish for a gender swapped counterpart.
Evil/good counterparts of existing characters. They have done this too. Evil and good wizards, evil and good knights, and so on. 
Even reissue of old characters. We had several skaters, surfers, knights, gladiators, policemen, so actually there's room for anything.
More from used "subthemes". Circus? We miss an acrobat, still. Mythology? We miss harpies, centaurs (CENTAUR) (sorry I have to repeat it: CENTAUR!). Monsters? We miss a shrouded ghost. Fantasy? Still no orcs here. STILL - NO - ORCS! 
More from the subtheme "People with small animal". Like a shepard with a sheep, a pirate with a new parrot, and so on.

I can go on forever, but you get the point.
I could in 1 minutes list 50 different characters, enough for covering 3 series of upcoming minifigures.
And I even didn't list as much as I could have done.

So, no, I am sorry, I don't think they can run out of ideas if they don't specifically want to.

EDIT: PIRATE WITH PARROT. How good would it look with a neckpiece with a stud so you can finally put the fword parrot on the fword shoulder?
Don't blame me, it was pictured like that in a 1989 poster, with Redbeard having the fword bird on his shoulder, and it took me 1 hour to understand they glued it. 
I still shake if I remind that.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku