Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

On 6/3/2019 at 3:09 PM, BrickHat said:

I am skeptical because I haven't heard of this user before, but thebrickbank on Instagram has posted some supposed rumors for S19. Again, not sure if this is reliable info, but he mentions a pizza suit guy, butler, chef, basketball player, dentist, and miner with pickaxe. Supposedly silver packaging. The chef wouldn't make sense to me since we already had that figure in S17. Thoughts?

Pizza suit guy = watermelon reprinted, which is fairly new in itself.

As to others, butler - we already have the waiter. Could reuse the bowler hat which would make him slightly more interesting.

col09-1.png

Chef - we have loads already.

Dentist - recent one in Assembly Square.

twn272.png

So if true, that's a few I won't be looking for.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I'm surprised though no other insider sources here has come to confirm or deny his claims (haven't heard anything yet @Falconfan1414?). I mean, perhaps the only thing that makes me doubt him is the inclusion of the Pizza Suit Guy, something many have been predicting since we first saw the Watermelon Suit Guy. :def_shrug:

Usually lists like this from small accounts are usually fake (remember the whole Disney series 2 list?) I have no idea if this list is fake or not but usually lists like this are made by small accounts to get attention 

15 hours ago, MAB said:

Pizza suit guy = watermelon reprinted, which is fairly new in itself.

Could that really work? If they do actually make a pizza suit guy I would predict they’d make a new piece entirely. The watermelon suit doesn’t make sense as a pizza other than shape

And besides even though some of these figures have been made before or recently I am not upset with getting new prints especially in the cmf quality. But like others I’m hesitant to believe it mainly as they seem like generic guesses. The silver packaging detail might simply be because next year is 10th year of cmf and silver comes before gold. 

Edited by ToaIruini
Thought of extra sentence too late

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:
23 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I'm surprised though no other insider sources here has come to confirm or deny his claims (haven't heard anything yet @Falconfan1414?). I mean, perhaps the only thing that makes me doubt him is the inclusion of the Pizza Suit Guy, something many have been predicting since we first saw the Watermelon Suit Guy. :def_shrug:

Usually lists like this from small accounts are usually fake (remember the whole Disney series 2 list?) I have no idea if this list is fake or not but usually lists like this are made by small accounts to get attention 

Huh, have we ever had "fake lists" for previous non-licensed Series though? :shrug_confused:

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Of course 

The most recent was Series 13 I think

Huh, is this the fake list you're speaking of from then? 

On 10/18/2014 at 3:37 AM, Robert8 said:

I don't know if this is a reliable source, but there is a S13 list:

1. Thief
  2. Army Man
  3. Penguin Suit Guy
  4. Tour Guide
  5. Chimney Sweep
  6. Hobo
  7. Teacher
  8. Ghoul
  9. Snake Charmer
  10. Doll
  11. Confederate Officer
  12. Birthday Boy
  13. Mailman
  14. Bartender
  15. Referee
  16. Horseback Rider

Source: http://www.panabook.gr/product_info.php?cPath=10_270&products_id=18891

A new rugby ball mould has leaked on IG... This pretty much has to be from S19, I can't think of anything else that would make sense :laugh:

Finally! Some actual news! :laugh:

So, Rugby Player huh? At least now we know 1/16 minifigures 

I'd say a new headwear piece is needed, because the current sparring headgear (S5 Boxer's) doesn't look like the one Rugby Players use

Edited by Robert8

51 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A new rugby ball mould has leaked on IG... This pretty much has to be from S19, I can't think of anything else that would make sense :laugh:

Huh, what's up with that "Rugby Supreme" branding though? I guess I know nothing about Rugby to judge, yet that printing on the ball somehow doesn't seem characteristic of the Collectable Minifigure line... :def_shrug:

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, what's up with that "Rugby Supreme" branding though? I guess I know nothing about Rugby to judge, yet that printing on the ball somehow doesn't seem characteristic of the Collectable Minifigure line... :def_shrug:

What else could it be?

There are no Sports sets coming, otherwise we would already know about them from the catalogs/Toy fair events

I guess Rugby Supreme is a made-up brand for the ball, like this

Related image

Maybe they put Rugby on the ball to depict it's not American Football, and thus no need for headgear or shoulder armor.

I know some rugby players dont use any headgear, but some do. 

The best case scenario would be it they include both: headgear and hairpiece, like the S16 Kickboxer.

Edited by Robert8

Rugby player, eh? Could make for some interesting torso prints, as well as more dual-molded arms and legs. Pretty enthusiastic/10

Edited by K_Tiger

10 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Rugby is why most Americans call football soccer.

Most Americans don’t even know what rugby is :grin:

But what’ll do this fig for me is some good prints, hopefully good arm and leg prints and back or something. A rugby player isn’t super interesting on its own but I have confidence they can pull it off

I saw a custom listed white rugby ball made of Lego the other day from a Czech Republic seller on Bricklink. It too said “Rugby Supreme” on it. Wonder if it’s the same... 

(Deleted link and leak pic)

Edited by Brickstinction
Removed pic and link

Huh? :look:

Whats going on there? 

It says custom made but they are definitely the same piece.

And even more they have a baby head listed as custom but it's an actual LEGO piece to be release later this year. Also a green duckling? 

Edited by Robert8

There’s a simple reason for that: if you want to sell something on bricklink that’s not in their system yet, you can’t categorize it unless you sell it as a custom item. This also happens with polybags that are sold before bricklink adds them to their system :wink:

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s a simple reason for that: if you want to sell something on bricklink that’s not in their system yet, you can’t categorize it unless you sell it as a custom item. This also happens with polybags that are sold before bricklink adds them to their system :wink:

So you're saying these are legit? The rugby ball and the green duckling? 

Hmm

That green duckling does look interesting. Its clearly not meant to be a real duck. I wonder what theme is it from....

I’m not saying that these are 100% legit, just that it makes perfect sense for them to be listed as ‘custom items’ on bricklink :wink:

Maybe the duckling is from S19 as well? The only 2019 sets that have yet to be revealed are the Creator Expert set (rumored to be a Harley Davidson), the D2C Batmobile, the Disney D2C, two Overwatch sets, the Star Wars D2C and the TRoS sets, none of which are even remotely realistic candidates for that part to appear in :purrr:

Edited by Lego-Freak

One of the bigger Lego factories is in the Czech Republik (Kladno). And there seem to be quite a lot czech sellers that have parts in bigger quantities that are limited or not released ;) so I think this is a legit part!

6 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Tell that to Darby Conley, creator of the comic strip Get Fuzzy. Cricket on the other hand . . .

There is a story about the origin of the word soccer (not sure if true). During the time when rugby was also trying to claim the name football, the two games became known as association football and rugby football. A certain British royal had trouble saying association, and uttered "soccer." Because we Americans had by that time invented our own game being called football, we latched onto the utterance as our word for the British game that predated ours.

7 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

But what’ll do this fig for me is some good prints, hopefully good arm and leg prints and back or something. A rugby player isn’t super interesting on its own but I have confidence they can pull it off

This is true. I've only seen the rugby I have because I have access to some of those FSC 400 and ESPN 8 (The Ocho!) channels. I was pretty surprised to find out there's a league here in America, with a game on the tube this weekend.

48 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Cricket on the other hand . . .

We need a CMF cricket player. Yes, I know even less of cricket than I do rugby.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Huh, other "custom items" that user is selling are definitely parts from yet-to-be-released sets, such as those SysStar Sewer Babies and the ghost dog from Hidden Side.