Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Also, anyone here think Lego could reuse Woody's (and Jessie's for that matter) new hair/hat mold outside of its originally intended context for future CMFs?

46389383104_3836e3dfc5_c.jpg

Unlicensed version of Jessie's hat already exists: it was produced for Series 8. 

Woody's....... I don't know it's hard to tell.... It looks very specific. I think LEGO would go with Rex's hat+hair if they need one.

Just now, Robert8 said:

I think LEGO would go with Rex's hat+hair if they need one.

Well, reusage of that mold I most certainly hope to see soon here! :smug:

13 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I sure hope so. It would give them an excuse to pull out the goat mold, or do a sheep.

Or a sheepdog, perhaps.

I hope the first leaks will be out soon, like series 14 or serie 16

This will be the first regular series since May 2017. The suspense is killing me :sweet:

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I hope the first leaks will be out soon, like series 14 or serie 16

This will be the first regular series since May 2017. The suspense is killing me :sweet:

Have i missed something *huh* Thought the next one out was Disney or do you expect leaks for the august series now already? :shrug_oh_well:

On 2/15/2019 at 8:44 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Does anyone here see any possibility for a future Shepherd/Shepherdess CMF in Bo Peep's new Shepherd's Hook mold? :shrug_oh_well:

Absolutely, and that would be fantastic.  The goat would be the best companion, in my opinion, though a sheep would be great as well.

This is a pretty cool little set, though.  Great for people building fairgrounds sets.  I just don't like the new normal-legged Woody.  But that's for another discussion...

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Have i missed something *huh* Thought the next one out was Disney or do you expect leaks for the august series now already? :shrug_oh_well:

Yes. Most of Series 14 and 16 leaked even before the reveal of the May series those years

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Tiger Kid (?) leaked

Could this be from S19? 

Or maybe fun at the fair :shrug_oh_well:

17 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Or maybe fun at the fair :shrug_oh_well:

This I can see, as it looks like the kid's had his face painted, something you'll see booths set up for at many American State/County Fairs. :classic:

4 hours ago, General Magma said:

Is there another topic for this now or have things really gone quiet on the CMF S19 front for this long?

The latter unfortunately, and I thought we'd hear of at least something for Series 19 now that official images for many other themes' summer waves have come about this week. I mean, for the whole time this topic has lain untouched since then, I wish it'd been active and bustling with wistful speculation and wishlisting to fill that time, but hardly nobody seems at all interested. :sad:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The latter unfortunately, and I thought we'd hear of at least something for Series 19 now that official images for many other themes' summer waves have come about this week. I mean, for the whole time this topic has lain untouched since then, I wish it'd been active and bustling with wistful speculation and wishlisting to fill that time, but hardly nobody seems at all interested. :sad:

We are interested especially since this is the first proper CMF since 2017 but it isn’t due for release until September (maybe August).

By the way, I was asking about this on different topic the other day, and I thought I'd ask here too: Would a CMF inspired after H.P. Lovecraft's "Cthulhu Mythos" be too obscure or macabre for Lego to touch upon? I've seen some cool artwork in the past for pulpy, Lovecraft-inspired RPGs, and I thought that a humanoid Octopus monster would make for an interesting villainous CMF archetype. But, after looking a little further into many of the themes Lovecraft's works explore, maybe it's not the greatest of ideas? :def_shrug:

On 4/29/2019 at 1:59 AM, J4ck said:

We are interested especially since this is the first proper CMF since 2017 but it isn’t due for release until September (maybe August).

Yeah, and all we know at this point is that it has sixteen figures, but nothing else to work on... :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, I was asking about this on different topic the other day, and I thought I'd ask here too: Would a CMF inspired after H.P. Lovecraft's "Cthulhu Mythos" be too obscure or macabre for Lego to touch upon? I've seen some cool artwork in the past for pulpy, Lovecraft-inspired RPGs, and I thought that a humanoid Octopus monster would make for an interesting villainous CMF archetype. But, after looking a little further into many of the themes Lovecraft's works explore, maybe it's not the greatest of ideas? :def_shrug:

I don't think merely using a Cthulhu-like design for a monster character automatically implies the themes of the entire mythos. It's just a neat monster visual, and one that has been used in plenty of cartoons, as a reference to Lovecraft, without calling the, erm, social politics of those cartoons into question. LEGO itself has already flirted with similar designs with Davy Jones and the Alien Trooper.

6 hours ago, Karalora said:

LEGO itself has already flirted with similar designs with Davy Jones and the Alien Trooper.

...and as @gedren_y had cited in another topic, the Atlantis theme's Squid Warrior figure.

atl007.png

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, I was asking about this on different topic the other day, and I thought I'd ask here too: Would a CMF inspired after H.P. Lovecraft's "Cthulhu Mythos" be too obscure or macabre for Lego to touch upon?

Octopus people are fine. But the actual Mythos is waaaay too mature for LEGO themes. And I say this as a big fan of Lovecraft's work. You could maybe do a Mythos-lite type thing, but delving deep into the heady notion that mankind is but a fleeting blip in the churning chaos of eldritch space-beings so terrible and monstrous that even looking upon them can destroy a man's mind and leave him wasting to death in a hospital bed as he gibbers unintelligibly is... a little outside Play Well.

Plus, some people still get really bent out of shape over all of Lovecraft's overt racism, so LEGO would probably not want to associate with that.

I forget whether this has yet been contemplated here or not, but could we be seeing a "Gorton" style fisherman CMF for Series 19 per the new hat mold being introduced for the upcoming Hidden Side theme? :shrug_oh_well:

Toy-Fair-New-York-2019-LEGO-Hidden-Side-44-1024x683.jpg

57 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I forget whether this has yet been contemplated here or not, but could we be seeing a "Gorton" style fisherman CMF for Series 19 per the new hat mold being introduced for the upcoming Hidden Side theme? :shrug_oh_well:

I hope that we see both the Sou'Wester hat reused in a CMF, *and* that neck bracket with octopus arms (Octopus suit person?)

20 minutes ago, williejm said:

I hope that we see both the Sou'Wester hat reused in a CMF, *and* that neck bracket with octopus arms (Octopus suit person?)

For that latter suggestion, I'd rather see a Cthulhu-like octopus humanoid like @obsidianheart had suggested rather than yet another dumb costume guy.

49 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For that latter suggestion, I'd rather see a Cthulhu-like octopus humanoid like @obsidianheart had suggested rather than yet another dumb costume guy.

Well I was suggesting a non-dumb costume guy.