Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Ahah ya I'm working on an original series. 

Really?! :oh3: Is it going to be that "What-Series-18-Should-Have-Been" draft you proposed awhile ago? :sweet:

Fox Suit Guy appear in the newest trailer from TLM2. Could it be from Series 19?

Lets remember Series 19 was supposed to be out next may but it was pushed back to september

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Fox Suit Guy appear in the newest trailer from TLM2. Could it be from Series 19?

Where else, honestly? I mean, it'd kinda be great if he were rather in an upcoming TLM2 set, as it would mean a freed-up spot for a more worthwhile archetype.

Or not... :sadnew:

16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Where else, honestly? I mean, it'd kinda be great if he were rather in an upcoming TLM2 set, as it would mean a freed-up spot for a more worthwhile archetype.

Or not... :sadnew:

Hmm he looks good I think

But he can also appear on a TLM2 set, like the tree costume in the City set

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmm he looks good I think

Sure, admittedly so; but, he's still just another costumed archetype... :ugh:

Or for all we know characters like the Fox Suit Guy could be saved for a "Lego Movie 2 Series 2" next year. I'd consider that more likely than a figure from a yet-to-be-released non-movie series showing up in the movie, personally.

Just now, Lyichir said:

Or for all we know characters like the Fox Suit Guy could be saved for a "Lego Movie 2 Series 2" next year. I'd consider that more likely than a figure from a yet-to-be-released non-movie series showing up in the movie, personally.

But Series 19 comes first. It's closer than LEGO Movie 2 Series 2, which would be for January 2020. And Series 19 was originally for May 2019. I think is more likely to reveal a minifigure a couple of months early than a whole year.

Also, Batman Movie Series 2 was one of the worst sellers. I doubt they'd make that mistake again

You know, it's rather irksome that the only CMF archetype group that has found its way into both Lego Movie CMSs (not counting the spinoffs' CMSs) that would otherwise find themselves in a traditional CMS are the ever-prevalent "costumed" archetypes. The first movie's CMS had the unnamed Panda Guy, while its sequel's CMS has three more unnamed "costumed" archetypes. Every other CMF within both series are of particular named characters or slight variants of previous CMF archetypes, with none of them being generic enough to have been otherwise slipped into a traditional series. :hmpf_bad:

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Also, Batman Movie Series 2 was one of the worst sellers. I doubt they'd make that mistake again

Kind of tired of them double-dipping on the themed CMFs. Disney makes sense, because the depth of potential figures could make for 20 CMF series. I admit that TLBM S.2 probably helped fill some holes for DC fans. I'll probably feel different once I see the film and start finding characters i really want figures of.:facepalm:

Just now, K_Tiger said:

Kind of tired of them double-dipping on the themed CMFs. Disney makes sense, because the depth of potential figures could make for 20 CMF series. 

Exactly. In my opinion, Lego should only do repeats of themed CMSs if their IP can produce more than two series. Honestly, Disney is a good example of a license that can be utilized for at least five series. 

Oh wait is the fox a guy or a girl?

Because if it is a girl.... then I wouldnt like it as much as if it was a guy

There are only 5 females in a series anf getting a woman in an animal costume would leave only 4 spots.....

Just now, Robert8 said:

Oh wait is the fox a guy or a girl?

Because if it is a girl.... then I wouldnt like it as much as if it was a guy

There are only 5 females in a series anf getting a woman in an animal costume would leave only 4 spots.....

As courtesy of @tormentalous, looks like she's a girl as seen in this pretty clear screenshot:

The LEGO Movie 2 Teaser

Love the Fox Suit Girl! Looks like a simple head swap if you’d rather have it be a guy. No eyelashes on the mask like Unicorn Girl, and no “female waist” printing on the torso. There’s a piece on the hips for a tail which is obscured in the photo. It’s likely just a recolor of Rocket Raccoon’s tail, hopefully with a white tip at the end. I wonder if she will have an accessory when she is physically released.

I am eagerly awaiting a new numbered minifigure series. I can understand the appeal of classic franchises being made into minifigures, but I can’t help but have preference towards original character designs. So I’m seriously hoping TLG goes back to their roots, and that we get the typical sixteen characters from a variety of themes for Series 19. This is considering they will definitely do something special for Series 20 to coincide with 10 years (!) of blind-bagging minifigures (but not another Mr. Gold, please!)

Edited by telaruhn

Just now, telaruhn said:

I wonder if she will have an accessory when she is physically released.

Well, a new Red Fox mold would be great. :classic:

Guys, are we expecting CMFs Series 19? I tend to avoid too much spoilers whenever possible. I just want to have a rough idea of what to expect next. 

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Agreed. We need a System-style fox to go with the Friends one! 

Just now, WhiteFang said:

Guys, are we expecting CMFs Series 19? I tend to avoid too much spoilers whenever possible. I just want to have a rough idea of what to expect next. 

I think we are getting Series 19 in September, after Disney Series 2 in May. If all the rumors and discussion has held any truth. :)

Just now, telaruhn said:

I think we are getting Series 19 in September, after Disney Series 2 in May. If all the rumors and discussion has held any truth. :)

Ahhhh. I see. Ok, then I can be mentally prepared of what's going to come in 2019. :tongue: 

Thanks for the rumours tidbits. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

Heh, if not this September, there just has to be one eventually. We know from an interview with CMS designers last year that they have no intention of putting the breaks on the traditional CMS line anytime soon here. 

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That would be great :wub:

1 hour ago, telaruhn said:

Agreed. We need a System-style fox to go with the Friends one!

Since the minidolls have one I guess it is somewhat more likely :shrug_oh_well: They got a penguin, later we got a system penguin. Minidolls got a dolphin then we got a updated system dolphin etc..

Just now, Roebuck said:

That would be great :wub:

It would've been even better if many of the previous "costumed" archetypes (the animal ones in particular) each introduced a new respective animal mold. 

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

It would've been even better if many of the previous "costumed" archetypes (the animal ones in particular) each introduced a new respective animal mold. 

Yes, that would increase the animal population quick since Lego loves nothing more than to include costumed figs in the cmf, but I guess it would be hard to fit a elephant and a giraffe in the bag at least :tongue:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Yes, that would increase the animal population quick since Lego loves nothing more than to include costumed figs in the cmf, but I guess it would be hard to fit a elephant and a giraffe in the bag at least :tongue:

Of course, while an adult red fox would be quite easy to accommodate, even giraffe and elephant younglings would be hard to fit into a CMF bag.

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Exactly. In my opinion, Lego should only do repeats of themed CMSs if their IP can produce more than two series. Honestly, Disney is a good example of a license that can be utilized for at least five series. 

While I agree that not every IP needs more than one series, I would expect that this movie will easily be able to provide enough figs to potentially justify a second series, especially considering that the Oz figs prove that Lego is willing to entertain the idea of including cameos from other IPs in the series.

In any case, my point was that if we were going to get that Fox Suit Girl in a CMF I would sooner expect it to be one associated with the movie than one that's unrelated. That's not to say that there WILL be a second series, but rather that if there's not then I would expect the figure to either not show up at all (stranger things have happened) or show up as part of some other non-CMF set.

Just now, Lyichir said:

In any case, my point was that if we were going to get that Fox Suit Girl in a CMF I would sooner expect it to be one associated with the movie than one that's unrelated. That's not to say that there WILL be a second series, but rather that if there's not then I would expect the figure to either not show up at all (stranger things have happened) or show up as part of some other non-CMF set.

Really? Not-showing-up-at-all is a lot more likely than appearing in Series 19, according to you? :wacko:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Really? Not-showing-up-at-all is a lot more likely than appearing in Series 19, according to you? :wacko:

I’ll drink to that too. Though I do think fsg will appear in a set down the road.