Hi, what you think about new LEGO Forma? We have 3 new sets which are the same inside but with 3 diffrent skins. It's premium LEGO series that's why it will cost nearly 50 dolars. 

I think this is a waste of resources! Give us more normal sets or release some old classic sets instead of the moving fish!

I just need the pieces to make my own parts of bodyworks for machinery or another type of vehicles, maybe not purist enough or maybe I could consider that fish parts just as a kind of paper I can do for my own...

58 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

See also

Yes, but this topic is focusing specialy on technic part of Forma.

30 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I just need the pieces to make my own parts of bodyworks for machinery or another type of vehicles, maybe not purist enough or maybe I could consider that fish parts just as a kind of paper I can do for my own...

I don't see any new parts excluding paper skin...

8 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I have never seen the parts that support the fish parts, are they exits before?.

I think they're the rubber pads for track links as seen in 42069.

I would like to see a parts list, just to see what it has to offer. I know it's a little to much to pay for just a parts pack but I would like to know what parts it has. 

Interesting idea but not a set for me. I like automata like mechines, LEGO or not, but to me this seems a poor attempt for the adult market unless the creators were intending for a "fish out of water" look.
That said, I could see my nieces loving this as they love normal LEGO and could be a neat way of getting them into Technic.

11 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I have never seen the parts that support the fish parts, are they exits before?

The pins/pegs that secure the skin are the only new element, and right now only appear in this Forma set (and the skin packs).  That had been noted in a few quotes from the designers on various sites.

27 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I think they're the rubber pads for track links as seen in 42069.

21 minutes ago, deraven said:

The pins/pegs that secure the skin are the only new element, and right now only appear in this Forma set (and the skin packs).  That had been noted in a few quotes from the designers on various sites.

Thanks I going to see them, I already have seen trial trucks with paper parts and I think that it is practically the same.

41 minutes ago, MxWinters said:

That said, I could see my nieces loving this as they love normal LEGO and could be a neat way of getting them into Technic.

Small Technic sets are good for that as well...

13 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Small Technic sets are good for that as well...

Without a question but I was looking at the Ink Koi version, they like colouring in (they are only 6 and 8) and LEGO, that one mixes multiple things into one LEGO set. These are also funky looking mechanical machines rather than cars/trucks/cranes ect. Regardless, I totally agree with your point and that is how I got hooked on Technic when I was that age.

I hope that this series will offer more interesting parts in the future, but so far what it offers is not very satisfying.

7 minutes ago, Corrado said:

I hope that this series will offer more interesting parts in the future, but so far what it offers is not very satisfying.

I still don't know what it is! :wacko:

Just now, deraven said:

How do you mean?  Are you not able to see the video at the top of this thread or the links in the other one?  Most of the detail can be found here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lego-forma-add-a-splash-of-creativity-to-your-day/

I mean that I just don't understand the idea or why TLG is doing it. "Creativity"? Appeal for adults? TLG has all this already. The Forma concept just isn't making sense to me. :sceptic:

Looks really shit to be honest. It just flops around aimlessly; totally doesn’t look like a fish swimming. Also, $15 for a skin is an absolute rip off and needlessly drives up the price of a base set - $45 for <300 pieces is extortionate.

That being said, fortunately it’s very likely not gonna have any new parts so if I decide to build it I won’t need to buy one.

I hope this fish is also just the start of a whole line of kinetic sculptures, I think Lego’s been missing that sorely.

Maboo35 - I agree with you. Really detracts from tradition. TLG recent moves baffle me - diversification and new formats spoil the heritage.

19 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I mean that I just don't understand the idea or why TLG is doing it. "Creativity"? Appeal for adults? TLG has all this already. The Forma concept just isn't making sense to me. :sceptic:

I dont know too but if it's already I hope that will give us new intresting parts. 

2 hours ago, Lipko said:

At 1:53 in the video I felt second hand embarrassment.

Indeed, that is the moment, when I had the feeling, I am looking at something fundamentally unnatural social behaviour - served with this spoonfeed narrative...

This whole concept is just wrong. Wait, maybe not just wrong but also BAD. I have the impression that this commercial degrades adult humans for stupid incapable naive beings.

The opening dives us into the spirit of creativity - the state of mind when one creates an unique, custom materalized or philosophical (or whatever) something to express feelings, thoughts, anything. Think of sculpting for example. After this intro, they bring us a mass product, created by following the step by step instructions (1 part per page I guess)? Customisation means to buy another set with another skin, and attach the pre produced skin into the very same frame to the very same spots? Did I understood this right? Good boy, you were able to buy, follow the instructions without thinking, YEAH - you ARE creative and unique by buying even more sets! This is so contradictory, isn't it ?!

The old style sets, with 3 or more different models were more eye-opening, and motivating for being creative (MOCing). I hope this line will end as soon as possible.

Edited by agrof

I wonder if Forma is intended for the adult-coloring-book crowd.  Perhaps the idea is to inspire people to design and cut their own skins out of cardboard or thin plastic, then color them and attach them as they please.  The publicity shots for Forma even show a woman coloring in the skins with colored pencils, etc.  It's not about assembling the parts creatively.  It's about creatively decorating the skin - particularly the "ink koi" skin.  Assembling the parts wouldn't take a couple of hours, but decorating the skin would.  Coloring in the skin is also a more relaxing creative activity for a different audience than usual, because there's no need to make shapes and mechanisms work if you're not mechanically or sculpturally inclined.  That brings in a different adult audience than usual and a different child audience than usual.  I think that idea has a lot of potential, but they didn't express the purpose clearly in the video.  As described in the video, it isn't any more "creative" than any other Lego set, because there's no prompt to do anything but follow the instructions.  I don't expect to see a lot of posts about differently-colored Forma skins on Eurobricks, but I do expect to see plenty of Technic MODs and MOCs that take the Forma core and implement more realistic or complex movements underneath the skins.

Edited by icm
Added a couple of sentences.

@icm Thanks for bringing another aspect in, I didn't thought about this. Still, if it is so, I think it is a very slim segment of market to be targeted... but I am really unfamiliar with coloring-book-people or whoever was the target for this product. :classic: The commercial is still strange/awkward, doesn't create the big picture to me.

Edited by agrof

I find the whole idea a bit strange. My bet is that most of the sets will be bough by investors/scalpers and will later go for crazy money because of exclusivity.