fcp4life

How to Obtain Custom Stickers? Boeing 10177 , F1 8458

I just picked up the Boeing 787 Dreamliner (10177-1) and the Silver Champion (8458) and was wondering how I can go about adding my own livery to each of them? or if at all possible? Such as getting custom stickers created? is there a website or program that would be helpful in creating custom stickers for these sets? 

**UPDATE COMPARISON BETWEEN SILVER CHAMPION 8458 AND MCLAREN MP4/14, MERCEDES MGP W01, F1 CARS**

LEGO F1 SILVER CHAMPION 8458

9ab6aa64-bf8a-11e5-9c42-73196892c27f.jpg

1999 MCLAREN MERCEDES F1 MP4/14

mclaren-mp4-14-mika.jpg

2010 MERCEDES-PETRONAS F1 MGP W01

4265a0c6b70eddcd431749e97fd4c8e4.jpg

Edited by fcp4life

8 hours ago, pagicence said:

Take a look at this topic. This is very simple and cheap solution on how to design your own stickers.

I took a look, its great and all but a ridiculously long process.... You can't use glossy sticker paper, on a printer at home? 

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

The 787 will require a total fuselage overhaul because the livery is brickbuilt

Wasn't sure what was available as an aftermarket / moc fit, getting back into building stuff like these after more or less 12 years. (25 now) 

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

In what way, I never used them. I do believe I hard some foil once though.

- As for the Formula 1 Silver Champion (8458) car, how would I go about creating custom stickers that would replicate the 1999 McLaren Mercedes MP4/14 or the 2010 Mercedes MGP W01  since it seems rather close...  

LEGO F1 SILVER CHAMPION 8458

9ab6aa64-bf8a-11e5-9c42-73196892c27f.jpg

1999 MCLAREN MERCEDES F1 MP4/14

mclaren-mp4-14-mika.jpg

2010 MERCEDES-PETRONAS F1 MGP W01

4265a0c6b70eddcd431749e97fd4c8e4.jpg

Your best bet would be to replace as many of the gapped panels with ones that aren’t, that way any stickers you make will be large enough to have details. As to making stickers, I’m sure there’s something you could find from a quick Google search.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Your best bet would be to replace as many of the gapped panels with ones that aren’t, that way any stickers you make will be large enough to have details. As to making stickers, I’m sure there’s something you could find from a quick Google search.

I have searched everywhere, even putting in quotes between words to search for that exact phrase (lego "mclaren mercedes") nothing comes up, the DIY stickers that come up involve dipping them in some bill nye solution, I wasn't sure if there was a website or program that would allow you to pull up the stickers for specific models and allow you to edit them.... however, if they are the same size as the ferrari 1:8 model, it should be possible to measure the dimensions of the stickers I have now, and be able to replicate that back up on some program, and be able to print custom decals? 

You’re the boss, boss. It’s your call. There’s no way someone hasn’t yet scanned sticker sheets that have the shapes you’re after. Just use that outline and make yours from scratch. It won’t be easy though, matching colours is gonna be a bitch and a half.

Edited by Bartybum

On 9/30/2018 at 6:40 PM, Bartybum said:

You’re the boss, boss. It’s your call. There’s no way someone hasn’t yet scanned sticker sheets that have the shapes you’re after. Just use that outline and make yours from scratch. It won’t be easy though, matching colours is gonna be a bitch and a half.

If i match the decals from say the mercedes F1 car and kind of fit them to size within the sticker sheet that may work? but i dont know how good the quality is... ill give it a try... any program you'd recommend? all I have is microsoft paint 

Yeah, fit them to size and just approximate where you think they should go.

I don’t know the slightest about quality photo editing software unfortunately, but Paint can’t be too bad, especially since you’ll pretty much just be eyeballing it. I recommend downloading Paint.NET though, as that’s much more powerful than regular Paint.

Nothing to worry about, it’s pretty much impossible to screw it up beyond repair.

It may be beneficial to convert bitmaps (jpeg) files to a vector file.  Or look for SVG files online of the graphics you want.  With a vector file, you can scale the graphic up without it becoming too pixelated.  There are open source programs like Inkscape that can edit vector files and do the bitmap conversion too.  It depends on your source material.  Resizing from big to small, I usually don't need to do that for my stickers.