Maranar

[MOC] Microscale Spaceship Fleet

Hi!
I wanted to show off my first fleet I build. It's mostly for a game called Mobile Frame Zero: Intercept Orbit. I haven't played the game yet, though. To make it potentially more interesting I added a bit of background fluff.

There is also a short Youtube video about this fleet, if you are inclined to rather watch that instead:

I made a couple of instruction videos as well: Intercept Orbit Playlist

But now to the fleet:

Terran Defense Union Fleet

29601590757_ac17c6ae13_c.jpgGreyFleet001 by Maranar _bricks, on Flickr

The TDU values their assets and uses defensive tactics to gain the upper hand in any conflict. Each ship is equipped with defensive systems, based on their shield ring technology. Nevertheless, Terran Command knows the importance of offensive capabilities and tries to balance these within their ship designs.

42730279040_069f9a8a8a_c.jpgGreyFleet007-Intercept Orbit-Long Range Capital Ship by Maranar _bricks, on Flickr

//>Designation: TDU Malteriton
//>Combat Role: Long Range Capital Ship
//>Loadout:
#System01: Support Range Weapon - Railgun
#System02: Communication Sensor
#System03: Communication Sensor
#System04: Defense - Shield System
--Description: This slow and hulking capital ship is the seat of the commander and designated as mobile command center. She is equipped with a long range railgun and sophisticated sensor equipment, allowing the commander to collect intricate sensor data of the surrounding space and objects.

29601582507_c101179846_c.jpgGreyFleet010-Intercept Orbit-Capital Assault Cruiser by Maranar _bricks, on Flickr

//>Designation: TDU Ceratid
//>Combat Role: Capital Assault Cruiser
//>Loadout:
#System01: Assault Range Laser (Paired)
#System02: Assault Range Laser (Paired)
#System03: Point Range Bombardment
#System04: Defense - Shield System
--Description: This menacing capital ship is designed to bring as much fire power to the opposition as possible. She wants to be closer to the battle taking the attention away from the command ship. It is rather hard to ignore this offensive power house. As is it custom for the TDU, every ship is equipped with defensive systems through their shield rings.

42730274530_7b47b1b38e_c.jpgGreyFleet014-Intercept Orbit-Railgun Frigate by Maranar _bricks, on Flickr

//>Designation: TDU Gladibrach
//>Combat Role: Assault Frigate
//>Loadout:
#System01: Assault Range Weapon - Railgun (Paired)
#System02: Assault Range Weapon - Railgun (Paired)
#System03: Defense - Shield System
--Description: The assault frigate fulfills a similar role to the assault cruiser, but its improved mobility allows for more strategic strikes at high value targets. The inability to fight at point blank range has to be taken into account when choosing its target.

29601576607_b315bcbcd0_c.jpgGreyFleet019-Intercept Orbit-Assault Frigates by Maranar _bricks, on Flickr

//>Designation: TDU Totidius and Sepiidus
//>Combat Role: Interceptor Assault Frigate
//>Loadout:
#System01: Assault and Point Range Weapon
#System02: Spotting Sensor
#System03: Defense - Shield System
--Description: These two interceptor assault frigates are placed in a supporting role by bringing their sensors in, helping the more offensive ships to do their jobs. Nimble and fast, as well as flexible in combat, they are an important part of the fleet.

And the link to the full album of the fleet with some more pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHskEgjLhD

I hope you like the fleet!
Have a nice day!
Maranar

Edited by Maranar

Looks good! I'm not familiar with the game, but I like how these ships each have their own features while still looking like they came from the same factory. In many ways, it's more challenging to build in microscale than in larger scales, and your fleet features some great part usage!