Maranar

Hello Lego Fans!

Hi, my name is Rafael and I am from Germany. I got out of my Dark Ages a couple months ago and want to become a contributing member of the community. This forum seems awesome for that!

I am now 34 and still have fond memories of playing with Legos as a kid. The best christmas was when I got the Fire Breathing Castle. This was so much fun. But I also liked the space theme a lot. Lego was the best toy ever, due to the possibilities it presented. It's funny how most of us get sidetracked with other things just to realize later how awesome it still is.

I still like to get sets and build them at least once, and except maybe for the odd really awesome set, I will keep it displayed for some time. But ultimately it's all about taking it apart and building something new out of it. I really like to build alternate MOCs from just one set. It limits the amount of possibilities, sure, but also makes it challenging and one has to think of potentially new ways of building something, compared to having all the pieces at disposal. But obviously completely free MOCs using everything thats possible are awesome too. Haven't done anything big so far, but I am sure that time will come!

Right now I am working on a Harry Potter themed MOC for a Halloween event, in which I show a scene from my Hogwarts RPG campaign. My three players are all first years at Hogwarts in 1984 and of course found their way into the Forbidden Forest! ;)

But usually I am leaning towards creating Scifi-themed MOCs, like Mechs and Spaceships. Especially looking into a Lego-based tabletop game called Mobile Frame Zero and its spaceship spin-off Intercept Orbit right now.

And for that matter I kinda thought that I wanted not only to sit alone (or my fiance) and put bricks together, but actually share my creations and hopefully add fun to other people's lifes as well. So I started a youtube channel sharing tutorial videos of my MOCs, as well as other related Lego topics, like Vlogs and Reviews!

Please check out my youtube channel if you like, Maranar bricks: http://bit.ly/maranarbricks

There is also a Flickr page: http://bit.ly/2xik2g0

Greetings!

Maranar / Rafael