Kevin Flemming

[LDD] Lt Wheel Bearing w/3 Snaps

Does anybody have an alternative method of creating this part (or one that has the same function), seeing as it doesn't exist in LDD, please?

This is the part in question: https://brickset.com/parts/4227853/lt-wheel-bearing-w-3-snaps

I'm currently just messing around, building the Ferrari F1 from the Racers set. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

It is probably not what you want but this is as close as I could get. Parts are 11949, 92909, 6628.

1013913770_steerling.jpg.cd2137285ae8c8aa5c0e8136ef183482.jpg

Thank you, swijak. It's very close, I might be able to modify the rest of the model somewhat, to make it fit.

Bloody LDD. It's frustrating how often you come across parts that are missing. But it's so easy to use.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:40 AM, Kevin Flemming said:

Thank you, swijak. It's very close, I might be able to modify the rest of the model somewhat, to make it fit.

Bloody LDD. It's frustrating how often you come across parts that are missing. But it's so easy to use.

Don’t want to preach here but try stud.io, the import works well.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:40 AM, Kevin Flemming said:

Agreed. I've been using a LDD for a while and really find it very easy to use to the point I have also developed the "muscle memory" to automatically know where parts are located and create something quickly and easily. I've tried Stud.io but so far I still feel really awkward using it (old dogs, new tricks kind of thing). I have used stud.io to import some LDD projects to either use a new part or upload a project to Bricklink for parts purchases. However stud.io appears to be missing a some older parts and a lot of the minifigure decorations (such as heads). While I'll still try to use stud.io I'm optimistically holding out hope that new parts will be issued for LDD eventually. 

Edited by swijak

I tried Stud.io a few times, but having used LDD for many years, it's a real hassle to use and make an easy transition to. I don't really like the parts layout or the GUI in general for Stud.io.

I'm in the same boat, swijak. It's rare that I need to actively search for a part nowadays. Mainly ones that are rarely used in certain sets, or when I'm just being a little blind and can't find an easy piece lol.

I've heard good things about Stud.io, but considering I have "sessions" with LDD, rather than continuous building, it's not imperative that I make the change.