Robert8

LEGO Forma - 2019

On 10/13/2018 at 7:35 AM, Robert8 said:

Look at this 

If Forma was that with different packs of brick built skins and a cool ocean themed base I feel like more people would like it. To me it looks way cooler and detailed, and more appealing to look at.

Interesting to see the massive gaps between the skins being bought. Splash koi seems very unpopular, only 16 sold, but I really like it. 

On 10/14/2018 at 11:14 AM, Nexogeek said:

If Forma was that with different packs of brick built skins and a cool ocean themed base I feel like more people would like it. To me it looks way cooler and detailed, and more appealing to look at.

Agreed.

I do like that LEGO is trying to appeal to a wider demographic.  I'll always enjoy that, even if I don't like the products themselves enough.

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

Agreed.

I do like that LEGO is trying to appeal to a wider demographic.  I'll always enjoy that, even if I don't like the products themselves enough.

Agree with that, always nice to see what they come up with. While i'm not the biggest fan of how the skins aren't brick built I feel like if they do well enough that they wide release it even as a Lego store/S@H exclusive i'd pick it up to try out.

As I have said previously, I am really interested in the Lego FORMA theme and where it might go. I know that a lot of people don't like it or think "it's the worst thing since Galidor." However, I actually think it isn't even close to Galidor. FORMA is meant to bring in new customers back into Lego or bring adults a small but relaxing build that will help destress. While many of us collectors will say that "Lego already helps adults like us destress!" A lot of adults haven't rediscovered Lego yet and by doing a small aesthetically pleasing kinetic sculpture will bring others back into buying Lego. I personally love the simplicity of it! I think it is something new to tryout and discover. It seems a lot of others think so as well judging by how many perks people have purchased.

Anyway, Lego FORMA only has a couple more days left, if you are interested in backing the project I would do it now. It sure will be a collector's item in the future!

Here is a link to the campaign: https://igg.me/at/forma/x/16264162

Happy Backing!

-RailCo

And... Forma’s sold out! (Though lego’s random changing of numbers in the middle may have contributed to this) hopefully we’ll be getting them pretty soon

5 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Does anyone know, why the Forma Indiegogo page is dead?

The campaign ended today, which could have something to do with it, though if the page itself is down I'm not sure if it's intentional or a technical glitch. It could be that completed campaigns have a different web address?

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The campaign ended today, which could have something to do with it, though if the page itself is down I'm not sure if it's intentional or a technical glitch. It could be that completed campaigns have a different web address?

It was my first time on indiegogo so I don‘t know. But I‘m sure it will come back in some way. 

The campaign is now complete so that’s why the page now says “complete”. Email no 10 said that it was now complete and heading to production stage and that sets should arrive at people’s homes mid January 

I will have to see what the mechanisms are like for this. While the sets themselves do not appeal to me, I would like to know how they work to maybe adapt them to create interactive elements in my builds.

(AKA, flying dragon!)

Anyone else had their set delivered? Just got home and found this waiting for me. If people want I may review it tomorrow (Sunday) when I have some time. 

First Forma set inc all the skins

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

Anyone else had their set delivered? Just got home and found this waiting for me. If people want I may review it tomorrow (Sunday) when I have some time. 

Received mine today! Looks great. 

On 1/17/2019 at 7:37 PM, JGW3000 said:

Any US-based members received their sets yet?  I'm still waiting... :cry_sad:

There was an email from them saying US customers may have to wait as there had been shipping issues. I didn’t pay attention to the dates though as I’m UK based, but worth checking your emails.

Anybody else been invited to the Forma research project here? Just wondering as today is the day we’re meant to get our rewards but haven’t been emailed yet

Edited by Lego-fire

For UK people who want one definitely buy it now, an indiegogo email this morning confirmd it isn't going to be an official line so they won't be making any more.

It’s a shame because it’s a good idea poorly executed IMO.

It’s the plastic skins and gaps. If it had brick-built skins like the fantastic shark MOC at the top of this page, then it would definitely be of interest.

6 hours ago, Kapowza said:

For UK people who want one definitely buy it now, an indiegogo email this morning confirmd it isn't going to be an official line so they won't be making any more.

I’m not sure about it not being an “official line”. Being listed on S@H is about as official as it gets! A limited one-off run maybe that TLG are clearing.