Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR Sep FB1] ETTC Office, Port Woodhouse

Corlander mercantile news has often focused around a certain, somewhat louder Corlander Trade Company. Indeed to the casual observer, it may seem that the glory days of the original Corrish trade company; the ETTC, are over. This however; is simply not so. Not interfering in politics or foreign policy, the ETTC has been quietly amassing wealth through their trade fleets and extensive property portfolio. Basically their factors have been going about the business of making money for the shareholders like any good trade company should. Recently the ETTC has opened an office in the somewhat sleepy settlement of Port Woodhouse.

44891739352_d80bdde9a8_z.jpg

The modest office overseas the import of goods for the mostly military settlement, and the export of fresh seafood to nearby Jameston. Here Colonial Administrator for Port Woodhouse, Commander Matthew Allcock rides past the new office, while the ETTC factor for Port Woodhouse watches from the balcony.

A freebuild for the ETTC - who despite my IC write up above, definitely need some love! I debated for a while about replacing the green SNOT roof with the more traditional dark red 1x1 round bricks of my previous PW builds, but in the end decided to keep the green. Let me know what you think! Anyway, got a few more BoBS builds to come before the end of the month as I get back into things after a short period of rediscovering my love for castle!

Good to see the ETTC getting some love - it is sorely needed! (and it's fleet has been diminished too, but I am working on that issue...)

Great looking building (the green roof was the right choice. Looks nice), particularly the balcony, and I like the simple, effective landscaping and the life on the street. The vibrant colours of the tree makes the scene come alive (aftermarket parts?) and as always presentation is top notch. Story is nice too!

Beautiful MOC. I like the green roof, as well as the tree (especially the trunk). Nice use of various greens throughout the build. Good use of minifigs to create a scene with activity. :thumbup:

And nice to hear that one of the "old guard" TCs is doing well.

Really nice little house, I love the green roof and the balcony!  The tree looks great too, gives the build a springtime feel.  I'm not sold on the white around the roof though... partly it blends in too much with the background, but in any case brown might have given the roof a sturdier look.  But otherwise, this is a wonderful little creation!

A nice scene and good photography (the white roof frame bleeds into the background though).  I rather liked the green roofing, so I am glad you went that route.

What did you use for the window screens on the lower level? I'm stumped

2 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

What did you use for the window screens on the lower level? I'm stumped

stacked 2x1 trans clear plates it seems.

That's a great property for Port Woodhouse, I really like this roof and this blacony

The colours of the roof and the tree fit very well, everytime I see your builds I am remembered to buy some new shiny bricks with the modern colours :monkey:

Excellent build as usual, with some great choice and posing of minifigs! The green roof looks awesome, with the white rim blending into the background being the only odd thing to me. Very well done! :thumbup: