Yes I too would like seeing them built in actual brick form, the ladder part especially interest me. I like building firetrucks a lot and I can never seem to get a satisfactory working ladder that looks right. I would love to see how the steering works as well. 

Do you plan on building these and sharing the pictures? 

16 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes I too would like seeing them built in actual brick form, the ladder part especially interest me. I like building firetrucks a lot and I can never seem to get a satisfactory working ladder that looks right. I would love to see how the steering works as well. 

Do you plan on building these and sharing the pictures? 

The ladder extends using plates-with-door-rails sliding inside 1x4-bricks-with-recesses and uses Technic pins and small gears on gear racks for friction. I've tested it and it works really well, though it's only one level of telescoping so it doesn't extend as far as the real thing. There's a link in the OP to a demonstration of the steering mechanism. These were produced for a commercial client so they will definitely get made in bricks – but not Lego bricks, so I probably won't be able to share the photos here.

21 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

These were produced for a commercial client so they will definitely get made in bricks – but not Lego bricks, so I probably won't be able to share the photos here.

You build two amazing trucks in LDD ore a other Lego program and show it to us and now you say you will build it in commission for client with a clone brand. Please never show your builds here at EB again and done with guys like you.:sick:

14 minutes ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

You build two amazing trucks in LDD ore a other Lego program and show it to us and now you say you will build it in commission for client with a clone brand. Please never show your builds here at EB again and done with guys like you.:sick:

Excuse me? I design for whoever commissions my work, though I am also careful to avoid working with any companies that violate copyright law. The designs here are 100% Lego-based and instructions will eventually be made available allowing anyone to build these from their own Lego bricks. I realize many are 100% purist and extremely loyal to the Lego brand, but even so your reaction here seems a little extreme. Do you expect me to turn down all commissioned work from legitimate off-brand clients? Why would I do that?

25 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Excuse me? I design for whoever commissions my work, though I am also careful to avoid working with any companies that violate copyright law. The designs here are 100% Lego-based and instructions will eventually be made available allowing anyone to build these from their own Lego bricks. I realize many are 100% purist and extremely loyal to the Lego brand, but even so your reaction here seems a little extreme. Do you expect me to turn down all commissioned work from legitimate off-brand clients? Why would I do that?

I think you are free to do what ever you want just don't post clone bricks here. 

59 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

These were produced for a commercial client so they will definitely get made in bricks – but not Lego bricks, so I probably won't be able to share the photos here.

Please read your own quote again. you made your design for a client for commercial use and you don't care he will build it as you know already with a clone brand. Because you already know that and why you tell us that.(do you have read Sariel post) I have personly now problems that you ore your clients work with clone brands, but you writing that you have created this two fire trucks for commercial use for client with clone brands here at EB is a not done. I am not a 100% purist and use third parts like lighting and drilling holes for the lights and also copper hard kerns for bending the riged hose, but all the parts are real Lego..:wink:

Just now, Johnny1360 said:

I think you are free to do what ever you want just don't post clone bricks here. 

Thank you, and of course I do not and will not post pictures of clone brick models. If I manage to post images of the above models in bricks it will only be because I have built copies from actual Lego parts. In the meantime I thought the LDraw digital designs were worth sharing. If I was wrong and have offended anyone then I apologize.

Just now, Edwin Korstanje said:

Please read your own quote again. you made your design for a client for commercial use and you don't care he will build it as you know already with a clone brand. Because you already know that and why you tell us that.(do you have read Sariel post) I have personly now problems that you ore your clients work with clone brands, but you writing that you have created this two fire trucks for commercial use for client with clone brands here at EB is a not done. I am not a 100% purist and use third parts like lighting and drilling holes for the lights and also copper hard kerns for bending the riged hose, but all the parts are real Lego..:wink:

I'm afraid I really don't understand your objection. You seem to be broad-brushing all clone brands as being the same. They are not. I am well aware of what companies like Lepin have done, and they've stolen my work before too. That's why I'm very careful about who I work for. Please note that I am not promoting any non-Lego brand by sharing these LDraw designs here, and I would never post photos at EB of a model that used clone parts.

10 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

I'm afraid I really don't understand your objection. You seem to be broad-brushing all clone brands as being the same. They are not. I am well aware of what companies like Lepin have done, and they've stolen my work before too. That's why I'm very careful about who I work for. Please note that I am not promoting any non-Lego brand by sharing these LDraw designs here, and I would never post photos at EB of a model that used clone parts.

I wanted only say, that you got better wrote, that i have made two LDraw creations in commission from your great design(in my mind) and not tell us the rest. what your client do with it is not your ore our problem, so please don't tell us that he wanted build it with clone brands.:wink:

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

3 minutes ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

I wanted only say, that you got better wrote, that i have made two LDraw creations in commission from your great design(in my mind) and not tell us the rest.:wink:

Okay, that makes sense. I only brought it up to explain why actual photos of these builds are unlikely to be posted here. Thanks for explaining your concerns. The last thing I want to do is provoke any animosity or upset anyone.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

On 9/26/2018 at 5:33 AM, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

I designed these two models recently as commissioned builds.

You are free to show your work here, as long as it contains Lego parts. Showing clone brands is, as you have noted, not allowed.
Very nice Scanias, btw :thumbup:

On 9/27/2018 at 1:22 AM, Edwin Korstanje said:

Please never show your builds here at EB again and done with guys like you.:sick:

Let's not go that way while talking with other members. If you have issues with a post, please use the report button. :thumbup:
Thanks.