Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

9 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

Would like to see the Nasutoceratops in Lego.  Will the sickle claw make a return with the Allosaurus?

It most likely will, judging from the LoIN poster

After almost a year of rumors Trevorrow officially announced Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum will have major roles in JW3. Fingers crossed we'll get figures for their 'old appearances'!

Finally got Nedry, Malcolm (w.injured leg), Arnold and Hammond!! Everyone together at last, hoorayyy! :-D Here's hoping they'll do Muldoon, Gennaro and a young Wu sometime in the future. I also wouldn't mind a minifig mr.DNA, though not sure quite how they'd pull it off with the helixes.

Question: Does anyone think TLG might bring back the original colour scheme for the Triceratops (with original I mean Dino Triceratops Trapper set 5885), as I'm currently looking at getting a Tric. for my collection. I like the patterns from the new one (75937 Triceratops Rampage), but not the colours, as I'd like them to be more Jurassic Park-accurate. The old one had better colours in that respect, but it's now almost prohibitively expensive on the Bricklink and Ebay. TLG did bring back the T-Rex (from the set T-rex tracker 75918) in the newer junior set (10758 T-rex breakout). So, in your expert opinions, do you think we might see the brown Triceratopses from TLG again?

31 minutes ago, snoozle said:

Finally got Nedry, Malcolm (w.injured leg), Arnold and Hammond!! Everyone together at last, hoorayyy! :-D Here's hoping they'll do Muldoon, Gennaro and a young Wu sometime in the future. I also wouldn't mind a minifig mr.DNA, though not sure quite how they'd pull it off with the helixes.

Question: Does anyone think TLG might bring back the original colour scheme for the Triceratops (with original I mean Dino Triceratops Trapper set 5885), as I'm currently looking at getting a Tric. for my collection. I like the patterns from the new one (75937 Triceratops Rampage), but not the colours, as I'd like them to be more Jurassic Park-accurate. The old one had better colours in that respect, but it's now almost prohibitively expensive on the Bricklink and Ebay. TLG did bring back the T-Rex (from the set T-rex tracker 75918) in the newer junior set (10758 T-rex breakout). So, in your expert opinions, do you think we might see the brown Triceratopses from TLG again?

I've been wanting to get the D2C exclusive figures as well, but they're just so ridiculously expensive :wall:

As for the Trike. I think the chance is there, but it's highly unlikely. There is a good chance the new Trike will be the only one for the next couple of years as they're branching out to other creatures. But those are just my thoughts

I think it’s quite unlikely we’ll get any repeats from the Dino line.

i reckon we will get a Muldoon at some point, hopefully they can get the car licences sorted and maybe we can get him with the ‘gas powered jeep’, could come with raincoat Ellie and a new Rexy. We need the 2017 Rexy pattern, but with the colours used in the D2C, they’re colours that have been used in other dinos so I can’t see why they won’t do it.

57 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I think it’s quite unlikely we’ll get any repeats from the Dino line.

i reckon we will get a Muldoon at some point, hopefully they can get the car licences sorted and maybe we can get him with the ‘gas powered jeep’, could come with raincoat Ellie and a new Rexy. We need the 2017 Rexy pattern, but with the colours used in the D2C, they’re colours that have been used in other dinos so I can’t see why they won’t do it.

Don't you mean 2018? There weren't any Jurassic sets in 2017

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Don't you mean 2018? There weren't any Jurassic sets in 2017

Aye that’s what I meant

Thanks for your thoughts guys, guess I have to save up if I do want the original Trike. As ouch it's 'spensive....!

I just got the baby Raptor Squad from the Mech Battle set from Bricklink and I must say I'm really impressed with their colors. They finally got them right, especially Blue! Now I really hope we'll get the big Raptors in these colors!

I saw the Jurassic Park gate and T-Rex set at the Lego store this weekend and it looked much cooler in person then I thought it would. Definitely on my interest list now!

Dinosaur Fossils

Too bad the new Ideas set doesn't include a Sauropod skeleton, the T-Rex is perfect for a Visitor Center MOC though! Not sure why the Pteranodon is included in a set called ''Dinosaur Fossils'' though

might be an idea to get a second of this set and make a Spinosaurus for my eventual Jurassic World display. Amazing set though!

would anyone else be really interested in more theme park sets? Like the trike and Dilo sets this year? I’d love to get like a bar or shop or maybe even the Innovation centre 

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dinosaur Fossils

Too bad the new Ideas set doesn't include a Sauropod skeleton, the T-Rex is perfect for a Visitor Center MOC though! Not sure why the Pteranodon is included in a set called ''Dinosaur Fossils'' though

At least they refer it to as a „pterosaur reptile“ in the description, so they definitely did their homework :wink:

Just now, Whovastron said:

might be an idea to get a second of this set and make a Spinosaurus for my eventual Jurassic World display. Amazing set though!

would anyone else be really interested in more theme park sets? Like the trike and Dilo sets this year? I’d love to get like a bar or shop or maybe even the Innovation centre 

Last wave really did nothing for me, the only thing I really wanted besides the Dilo set was the new Claire figure, the Bary and the baby Raptor Squad. The egg-ride was just weird, the Bary builds we're things we've gotten countless of times before and the builds in the mech set were just stupid (I'm looking at you Dino Mech!). But if they decide to do a bar, shop or even the Innovation Center I will definetely buy them! Ultimately I would prefer getting actual movie sets though

So, I just got the Triceratops Rampage set (the trike is gorgeous) and I’m noticing that, for some reason, the uppermost part of the egg ride can fold upwards, exposing the decorative tan eggs. Does anyone know why they built that into the set? I can’t see a reason for it.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, I just got the Triceratops Rampage set (the trike is gorgeous) and I’m noticing that, for some reason, the uppermost part of the egg ride can fold upwards, exposing the decorative tan eggs. Does anyone know why they built that into the set? I can’t see a reason for it.

It's a reference to the original Jurassic Park hatchery, where the heat lamp (the white disc) would normally incubate the eggs, but would rise up to allow access for egg turning or the birth of dinosaurs (like the baby Raptor). As for why it's in a Lego set of an amusement park ride, I guess it's just an easter egg (see what I did there), and an extra bit of activity for kids to play with.

If the next JW wave is also based on World (which it most likely will be) I really hope they'll cut out a tiny part of the budget to make a new hairpiece for claire. The current one she's using is really overused and (at least in my opinion) doesn't really look like her hairstyle in FK. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor claire dearing Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego claire dearing

So if anyone’s been following the LOIN TV series it looks as though an Allosaurus should really have been in place of the T-Rex in the mech battle set, so I’m not too hopeful about seeing one. 

Anyone any idea of when the next wave should be revealed? I thought they were due winter 2020. 

10 hours ago, Beardybricks said:

So if anyone’s been following the LOIN TV series it looks as though an Allosaurus should really have been in place of the T-Rex in the mech battle set, so I’m not too hopeful about seeing one. 

Anyone any idea of when the next wave should be revealed? I thought they were due winter 2020. 

They have a summer release just like last year, so the reveal should be around may with possible leaks starting march/april

On 11/30/2019 at 11:58 AM, Guyon2002 said:

They have a summer release just like last year, so the reveal should be around may with possible leaks starting march/april

Ahh nuts, I thought there was a winter wave due ?