Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I'm pretty confident now the set will be the Visitor Center. A lot of people speculated it might be a Jurassic Park-tour set with many different locations but that wouldn't make any sense from a business perspective. Lego is more likely to include the Raptor / Trike / Rex paddocks in normal sets so more people can/will get them.

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty confident now the set will be the Visitor Center. A lot of people speculated it might be a Jurassic Park-tour set with many different locations but that wouldn't make any sense from a business perspective. Lego is more likely to include the Raptor / Trike / Rex paddocks in normal sets so more people can/will get them.

We may not get any JP sets in the future, though. JW theme is very unpredictable, first wave was only Jurassic World, second - Fallen Kingdom and one odd JP set, this year some Legend of Isla Nublar, which no one saw coming. The theme is likely to continue until JW3 comes out, but we can't be sure there will be more original trilogy sets. That's why people (including me) want this D2C to be as complete as possible, in case it's the last JP set.

I believe LEGO designed Nedry and Malcolm to be scene specific (Nedry's venom covered face complete with yellow jacket instead of grey one he has in the control room, sweaty Malcolm in unbuttoned shirt which is after the T-rex attack) for a reason, meaning there's possibly more in this set than just Visitor Centre. My current prediction is MBS style (maybe even with the branding on the box) Jurassic Park Tour, which will allow for the entire scenario of Nedry's little "heist" and subsequent dinos' breakout to be played out. It would include a rather scaled down Visitor Centre with just few essential rooms - lobby, control room, lab, maybe theatre; outside there'd be JP gate, T-rex paddock and the area where the dilophosaurus attacks Nedry; ideally we'd get all four cars, but one Jeep and one tour car are most likely. In this case, T-rex and dilo are a given, there's a small chance for a second raptor (to pair with the one from 75932) and maybe a triceratops if the designers wanted the tour to be complete.

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

We may not get any JP sets in the future, though. JW theme is very unpredictable, first wave was only Jurassic World, second - Fallen Kingdom and one odd JP set, this year some Legend of Isla Nublar, which no one saw coming. The theme is likely to continue until JW3 comes out, but we can't be sure there will be more original trilogy sets. That's why people (including me) want this D2C to be as complete as possible, in case it's the last JP set.

I believe LEGO designed Nedry and Malcolm to be scene specific (Nedry's venom covered face complete with yellow jacket instead of grey one he has in the control room, sweaty Malcolm in unbuttoned shirt which is after the T-rex attack) for a reason, meaning there's possibly more in this set than just Visitor Centre. My current prediction is MBS style (maybe even with the branding on the box) Jurassic Park Tour, which will allow for the entire scenario of Nedry's little "heist" and subsequent dinos' breakout to be played out. It would include a rather scaled down Visitor Centre with just few essential rooms - lobby, control room, lab, maybe theatre; outside there'd be JP gate, T-rex paddock and the area where the dilophosaurus attacks Nedry; ideally we'd get all four cars, but one Jeep and one tour car are most likely. In this case, T-rex and dilo are a given, there's a small chance for a second raptor (to pair with the one from 75932) and maybe a triceratops if the designers wanted the tour to be complete.

If they went that way they would need to give us at least 3 dinosaurs, including the T-Rex. We already know the price and piece count and its way too good for a large dino to be included. I think we'll get the Visitor Center and Nedry's Jeep as builds, Spitter and maybe a baby Raptor as dinosaurs and all essential characters as minifigures. Some of these scenes are way too iconic to be crammed into one big D2C set and to do a Jurassic-Tour justice the set would need to be at least $500+

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they went that way they would need to give us at least 3 dinosaurs, including the T-Rex. We already know the price and piece count and its way too good for a large dino to be included. I think we'll get the Visitor Center and Nedry's Jeep as builds, Spitter and maybe a baby Raptor as dinosaurs and all essential characters as minifigures. Some of these scenes are way too iconic to be crammed into one big D2C set and to do a Jurassic-Tour justice the set would need to be at least $500+

I admit, my prediction largely ignores the price :innocent: Whishing a Lego set isn't too cheap, that's a first world problem right there :laugh_hard:

in relation to the ‘scene specific’ nature of some figures. It’s quite simple in my opinion. Ray and Hammond are from the visitor centre, Nedry goes with a tour car, and Ian goes in either visitor centre of a potential jeep vehicle.

i imagine that Alan/Kids will be muddy, and probably meant to go with Rexy. I hope this set does come with an accurate rexy. The 2018 &2019 Rexys have really great print work, they just have awful colour schemes. If they nail that aspect they can make a perfect one.

i think the set will be a facade of the visitor centre, and on the inside feature a Trex skeleton, similar to the ideas set submission, and a small kitchen and computer room etc. It won’t be a full enclosed thing, but dollhouse style like Lockwood manor, but with a tad more substance. As well as that I can see us getting a jeep and explorer. One for Nedry, and the other for Ellie/Ian/Muldoon. The Dino will be an exclusive version of rexy, and then variants of Alan and the kids on the side. Maybe a raptor or two thrown in for good measure? Two would be good, as with the original JP set you can collect all 3 raptors.

26 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Nedry goes with a tour car, and Ian goes in either visitor centre of a potential jeep vehicle

I can't tell which one you got mixed up, the characters or the cars :tongue: Nedry takes the Jeep, Ian is in the tour car with Alan. Also Ellie, Ian and Muldoon in the "must go faster" scene are in the second Jeep.

47 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

i imagine that Alan/Kids will be muddy, and probably meant to go with Rexy

Yeah, if the muddy versions leaked, that would set rexy's appearance in stone. Until then though we kind of have to assume she won't be in the set, the price is too good for a big dino mold :sadnew:

6 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

I can't tell which one you got mixed up, the characters or the cars :tongue: Nedry takes the Jeep, Ian is in the tour car with Alan. Also Ellie, Ian and Muldoon in the "must go faster" scene are in the second Jeep.

Yeah, if the muddy versions leaked, that would set rexy's appearance in stone. Until then though we kind of have to assume she won't be in the set, the price is too good for a big dino mold :sadnew:

As @Moon_Knight said, Nedry with the tour car he took when he is killed, as that’s the figure we’re getting. Ian with the jeep as he’s got his shirt open.

we don’t really have to assume anything. With big sets the price to part ratio is often good. I could see rexy being in it

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

@BenderBrau with the open shirt Ian Malcolm, I think the Jeep would be more accurate too. Malcolm is rescued in the Jeep:

http://www.jurassicjeep.com/reference/the-jeeps-of-jurassic-park/attachment/10-3/

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

As @Moon_Knight said, Nedry with the tour car he took when he is killed, as that’s the figure we’re getting. Ian with the jeep as he’s got his shirt open.

we don’t really have to assume anything. With big sets the price to part ratio is often good. I could see rexy being in it

Nedry didn’t take a tour vehicle, he took a Jeep. The Malcolm figure we’re getting does have a scared face for the rex chase scene but that outfit is well known for his pose in the visitor center.

I think they’re going to save Rexy’s breakout as the one JP set for next year, that scene is way too iconic to not make into its own detailed set. The ford explorers alone would be a huge draw.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

35 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Nedry with the tour car he took when he is killed, as that’s the figure we’re getting. Ian with the jeep as he’s got his shirt open

What Nedry took isn't a tour car, it's the Jeep, only with a hood on and lights attached

latest?cb=20121222041827

Just checked the movie to be sure :wink: 

10 hours ago, Whovastron said:

in relation to the ‘scene specific’ nature of some figures. It’s quite simple in my opinion. Ray and Hammond are from the visitor centre, Nedry goes with a tour car, and Ian goes in either visitor centre of a potential jeep vehicle.

i imagine that Alan/Kids will be muddy, and probably meant to go with Rexy. I hope this set does come with an accurate rexy. The 2018 &2019 Rexys have really great print work, they just have awful colour schemes. If they nail that aspect they can make a perfect one.

i think the set will be a facade of the visitor centre, and on the inside feature a Trex skeleton, similar to the ideas set submission, and a small kitchen and computer room etc. It won’t be a full enclosed thing, but dollhouse style like Lockwood manor, but with a tad more substance. As well as that I can see us getting a jeep and explorer. One for Nedry, and the other for Ellie/Ian/Muldoon. The Dino will be an exclusive version of rexy, and then variants of Alan and the kids on the side. Maybe a raptor or two thrown in for good measure? Two would be good, as with the original JP set you can collect all 3 raptors.

Have you even seen the price and piece count? No way we're getting a T-Rex

I don’t know if someone already mention this, but I think it could very well be a microscale version of the Park,  with some actual figures and a display stand, just like last year’s 71043 Hogwart Castle!

i would like that a lot,  actually!!

At this point, I wouldn’t rule anything out. As far as I know, while there have been rumours from reliable sources, there have been no official announcements yet. Just a handful of leaks. 

The existence of Hammond, Nedry, Arnold and an alternative Malcolm gives us some clue as to what choices may have been made. It seems like this set will have a bunch of iconic stuff. With the earlier JP set taken into account, that’s pretty much all of the important characters. As a big fan, I’m missing Muldoon and Gennaro, but I’m not sure they’d be top of mind for more casual JP fans. 

In terms of iconic status, the Visitor Centre, the gate, a Jeep and a Tour Car are up there when it comes to buildable things. Arguably the Raptor Penn, too. Maaaybe the Hatchery. So it’d be fairly safe to assume two or three of these make the final cut, possibly in quite simple versions. 

As for the animals... The T-Rex and the Raptor are the dinosaurs most casual fans would probably mention right away. Therefor, I believe the chance of those two being included might be quite high. Because of Nedry’s appearance, I’d say a third addition could be the Dilophosaurus. What’s stopping LEGO from including whatever dinosaur? Surely, at this point, they have had the molds for a while and each of these three has been released several times. Do we know for a fact that they are still so costly to produce? 

My bet (based on no inside Information whatsoever, purely personal speculation) is we’ve seen all the figs now, the set will most likely include the three dino’s I mentioned and the builds should then be the Jeep, the Tour Car and rudimentary versions of the Visitor Centre and the gate. 

My track record in these kinds of guesses? I was dead wrong in predicting Disney Minifigure Series 2’s contents, but the first (I think?) to speculatie the Disney D2C might be a train. 

Whatever happens, I’m stoked that we’re getting a JP D2C, as it’s my favourite film of all time. I hope the set will bring everyone what they’re wishing it to be. 

(Edited for typos.)

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

I think we’re getting the visitor center with fossils, the gates, a Jeep or two, and a young Dilophosaurus.

I truly have no idea how pricing works, I mean I understand how a T. rex drives up prices but at this point I thought it’d be easy to include just one raptor.

I have a feeling Alan will be reused. Muldoon had a way bigger role than Ray so I think he’s likely along with survivor Ellie, or they could put them both in rain coats like Nedry. Gennaro wears a coat and hat that he takes off on the tour, so I could see them including him in that variant. I’d even bet Wu will show up.

37 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

I don’t know if someone already mention this, but I think it could very well be a microscale version of the Park,  with some actual figures and a display stand, just like last year’s 71043 Hogwart Castle!

It's been discussed and not yet ruled out, although the leaked figures suggest it will be in normal scale.

Alright, new theory because I have to crack this before it's revealed :snicker:: the set follows just the scenario of Nedry cutting the power off and the effort to bring it back, which would serve as a "prelude" to 75932. Included are only characters that were inside Visitor Centre while Alan with kids were on the island, so the four we already know about, Ellie Sattler and Muldoon (I'm also hoping for dr Wu, although it's unlikely with this set up). This should allow for a better representation of the building, with sidebuilds being only Nedry's Jeep and the area where he met the spitter. Inside the VC: lobby, control room, cold storage (it's already in the other set, but it needs to be there for Nedry to steal the embryos), bunker, tunnel with the power switches. Theatre, hatchery and gift shop might be ommitted due to lack of space and/or no relation to the scenario, although I hope the building will be large enough for them to fit in. Two dinosaurs, dilophosaurus for Nedry and velociraptor which kills Muldoon and chases Ellie; possibly also a baby raptor if there is the hatchery.

Might still be a stretch to have two dinos, but it's not too crazy. I think a similar set would be Silent Mary, it has a pair of zombie sharks (which are about the same size as a raptor) and eight exclusive minifigs, and still it wasn't too pricey, especially for a Disney property (200$ for 2300 pieces). Visitor Centre has a slightly better price to piece ratio, but this version would have six, maybe seven figs.

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Have you even seen the price and piece count? No way we're getting a T-Rex

Yes I have, and in another post I said that I could see a t-Rex being in there, but I’ll say again. The bigger the sets are, the better price per part ratio they have (even Star Wars in the past.) I could easily see a trex, or raptor or something in this set. In fact I’ll be surprised is it isn’t. At the very least I can see the new dilo mould being included to go with Nedry

4 hours ago, Mat099 said:

Really doubt it to be honest. Apart from the gates and visitor centre. There’s nothing really iconic to a general audience (and I’d say the visitor centre isn’t really iconic either) and the model would be mostly green. The Harry Potter set worked as it’s a detailed castle, the Lego movie set works because it’s a huge ship that’s also actually in the movie as a build. Here there are way more minifig stuff to make (jeep(s), tour vehicles, the gateaux visitor centre, fences)

6 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

It's been discussed and not yet ruled out, although the leaked figures suggest it will be in normal scale.

Alright, new theory because I have to crack this before it's revealed :snicker:: the set follows just the scenario of Nedry cutting the power off and the effort to bring it back, which would serve as a "prelude" to 75932. Included are only characters that were inside Visitor Centre while Alan with kids were on the island, so the four we already know about, Ellie Sattler and Muldoon (I'm also hoping for dr Wu, although it's unlikely with this set up). This should allow for a better representation of the building, with sidebuilds being only Nedry's Jeep and the area where he met the spitter. Inside the VC: lobby, control room, cold storage (it's already in the other set, but it needs to be there for Nedry to steal the embryos), bunker, tunnel with the power switches. Theatre, hatchery and gift shop might be ommitted due to lack of space and/or no relation to the scenario, although I hope the building will be large enough for them to fit in. Two dinosaurs, dilophosaurus for Nedry and velociraptor which kills Muldoon and chases Ellie; possibly also a baby raptor if there is the hatchery.

Might still be a stretch to have two dinos, but it's not too crazy. I think a similar set would be Silent Mary, it has a pair of zombie sharks (which are about the same size as a raptor) and eight exclusive minifigs, and still it wasn't too pricey, especially for a Disney property (200$ for 2300 pieces). Visitor Centre has a slightly better price to piece ratio, but this version would have six, maybe seven figs.

When it comes to dinosaurs I could see this happening, pricewise we could get Alan and the kids too. A lot of big D2C sets have 10+ figures (except for Silent Mary, which was/is one of the sets' downsides)

10 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

As for the animals... The T-Rex and the Raptor are the dinosaurs most casual fans would probably mention right away. Therefor, I believe the chance of those two being included might be quite high. Because of Nedry’s appearance, I’d say a third addition could be the Dilophosaurus. What’s stopping LEGO from including whatever dinosaur? Surely, at this point, they have had the molds for a while and each of these three has been released several times. Do we know for a fact that they are still so costly to produce?  

From what I understand it is the making of the mould that is costly, when they have that the price should go down a bit, but off course a big dinosaur uses more plastic than a small piece so it is costlier that way and the printing adds also..
It is JP so it must include dinosaurs, maybe a bigger set with old moulds could include more dinosaurs than a smaller set relatively :shrug_oh_well: It could be microskale, but would that be a big seller to kids when there is no big dinosaurs in a set, maybe they are on the minifig line up, 4-5 minifigs and a t-Rex :tongue: 

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

maybe they are on the minifig line up, 4-5 minifigs and a t-Rex :tongue: 

If that would be the case I'd have to seriously think wether or not I'm buying the set. To be honest I've grown kinda tired of the lego T-Rex's, there are already so damn many of them. The only situation in which I'd like a new T-Rex is if they finally make Roberta with the appropriate/accurate printing, as we never got an accurate depiction of her. 

5 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

We've only seen parts of 4 figures at this point. Imagine if it turned out to be another Bricktober pack.

Bricktober figures don't leak on their own, the only times something has leaked from a Bricktober pack it was a picture of the pack itself