J4ck

JurassicVerse 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Everyone’s favourite dinosaur franchise is returning next year with what is rumoured to be another 3 sets. What an unexpected but pleasant surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not see that coming, and I definitely do not mind. I'm hoping to see more based on previous movies, since the new two have been fairly well covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I did not see that coming, and I definitely do not mind. I'm hoping to see more based on previous movies, since the new two have been fairly well covered.

It's shocking to me how we haven't seen a set based on the most iconic and famous scene of the film series;

jurassic-park-3-alan-raptor.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got my fingers crossed for a Spinosaurus.  I'd hate for us to get 3 new sets, but zero new dinos. 

Fallen Kingdom did provide 3 new molds (Carno, Indo, and Stygi), but the rest were repaints of previous.  We were bound to get sets for Blue n Rexy, but the Dilophosaurus and Pteranodon sets didn't tie into the film at all.

I think the Dilo set would've been better off as a small Baronyx with Franklin and Claire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It's shocking to me how we haven't seen a set based on the most iconic and famous scene of the film series;

We kind of did, across the two sets in the original JP3 line. There was a set that came with a plane, and another with raptors. So there you have it! :sarcasm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'd like to see, and it's highly unlikely, is a raptor more in scale with the movies. If the preexisting molds were modified down to about a half-size, with one stud on the back instead of four, it would be close enough; I think arm and leg clips would still have enough room to be the same size, while the head could be done with a Scooby-Doo style rod-and-hole attachment. I realize it may not be a perfect plan, since I have no idea how strong the jaw piece would still be, and cannot guarantee the clips would actually work, but a guy can dream. JP raptors stand roughly human height when upright, deinonychus (the real dino JP's velociraptors are based on) is somewhat smaller than that, and even Utahraptor, the largest known dromaeosaur, is nowhere nearly as big as the Lego raptor's scale compared to a minifigure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BaneShake said:

What I'd like to see, and it's highly unlikely, is a raptor more in scale with the movies. If the preexisting molds were modified down to about a half-size, with one stud on the back instead of four, it would be close enough; I think arm and leg clips would still have enough room to be the same size, while the head could be done with a Scooby-Doo style rod-and-hole attachment. I realize it may not be a perfect plan, since I have no idea how strong the jaw piece would still be, and cannot guarantee the clips would actually work, but a guy can dream. JP raptors stand roughly human height when upright, deinonychus (the real dino JP's velociraptors are based on) is somewhat smaller than that, and even Utahraptor, the largest known dromaeosaur, is nowhere nearly as big as the Lego raptor's scale compared to a minifigure.

There's a video of bootlegs of the raptor figures scaled down to only two studs on the back. Other than the horrible printing they look and seem to work fine, even able to stand on a baseplate. Though I doubt Lego would make smaller raptors, it wouldn't be too late as every released movie raptor could use some better prints and color choices, especially Blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite surprised to see the theme returning in 2019. I wonder if they will go with classic JP sets or just JW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad the line is returning even if it is only three sets. There was talk in the 2018 topic of one of the sets being a D2C based on the original film which would be a dream come true for me. Also hoping there will be something from The Lost World as its the only JP movie to never have gotten any sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wesker said:

Glad the line is returning even if it is only three sets. There was talk in the 2018 topic of one of the sets being a D2C based on the original film which would be a dream come true for me. Also hoping there will be something from The Lost World as its the only JP movie to never have gotten any sets.

TLW might not have been the strongest sequel out there, but there's good potential for fun sets out of it, I'd think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 4:37 PM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

There's a video of bootlegs of the raptor figures scaled down to only two studs on the back. Other than the horrible printing they look and seem to work fine, even able to stand on a baseplate. Though I doubt Lego would make smaller raptors, it wouldn't be too late as every released movie raptor could use some better prints and color choices, especially Blue.

I found a video with the bootleg raptors. That would be such an ideal size for what I want; side note, those bootlegs have some rather awful-looking quality. I know TLG would obviously do better than that, but jeez was that weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm suprised to see Jurassic World is getting a D2C next year

 

Jurassic World 2 sets were a total hit then. Not even Avengers 4 is getting a D2C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'm suprised to see Jurassic World is getting a D2C next year

 

Jurassic World 2 sets were a total hit then. Not even Avengers 4 is getting a D2C

Ummm I’m not so sure about the avengers 4 not getting a d2c thing...unless your confirming something I think it’s a safe bet that there will be some d2c thing for a4 it’s just not known yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ummm I’m not so sure about the avengers 4 not getting a d2c thing...unless your confirming something I think it’s a safe bet that there will be some d2c thing for a4 it’s just not known yet

Oh no. I know nothing about anything. I just assume, because we already got the Marvel line-up and there is no mention of a D2C :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there was a D2C for Infinity War . . . The Ultron Edition Hulkbuster was a D2C, right? I think it counts. So there'll probably be one. Or at least something on a similar scale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ummm I’m not so sure about the avengers 4 not getting a d2c thing...unless your confirming something I think it’s a safe bet that there will be some d2c thing for a4 it’s just not known yet

I would second this. Considering A4 is the last film for a handful of Actors, LEGO will want to cash in on their characters. It may just be a case of the D2C coming a little later - like the Helicarrier.

So - anyone got any theories on the minifigure with the book? I'd love for it to be someone new, but reckon it will be an Owen variant.

Also - no release of the Jurassic Bricktober pack in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get another set based on the first Jurassic Park. Maybe a playset featuring a T Rex, Electric fence, Ford Explorer tour car and even a collapsing outhouse would be cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegoFan117 said:

So - anyone got any theories on the minifigure with the book? I'd love for it to be someone new, but reckon it will be an Owen variant.

All that’s left for Owen is his white henley from JW or his flannel from FK.

Anyway, I’m guessing Lowery, Alan in his red flannel and sunglasses, Nedry in his Hawaiian shirt, and maybe Zia without her jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope for a Visitor Center as D2C.(Something like this version from Lego Ideas only a bit bigger would be awesome!)

1940112-o_19n7pip9q1nit10pm1a6fhoa1dpaa-

To be honest, I can´t imagine anythin else as a Jurassic D2C.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

So - anyone got any theories on the minifigure with the book? I'd love for it to be someone new, but reckon it will be an Owen variant.

Amazon says it's an Owen minifigure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

All that’s left for Owen is his white henley from JW or his flannel from FK.

Anyway, I’m guessing Lowery, Alan in his red flannel and sunglasses, Nedry in his Hawaiian shirt, and maybe Zia without her jacket.

Owen is confirmed.

1 hour ago, Rune Haako said:

Amazon says it's an Owen minifigure.

Just double checked and your right - now says Owen. Balls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

Owen is confirmed.

Just double checked and your right - now says Owen. Balls!

Welp, I’d rather have flannel Owen. I was really hoping it’d be Lowery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.