Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

So could we assume at least one of the four sets will be a Juniors/4+ set? I wouldn’t expect to get a new dimo in a juniors set.

Hopefully then, out of the three remaining sets there’ll be something new. Spinosaurus or Baryonyx would be my choice but even a reissue of the Triceratops would be nice.

10 minutes ago, Paulie_D said:

So could we assume at least one of the four sets will be a Juniors/4+ set? I wouldn’t expect to get a new dimo in a juniors set.

Hopefully then, out of the three remaining sets there’ll be something new. Spinosaurus or Baryonyx would be my choice but even a reissue of the Triceratops would be nice.

They could make one body, head and tail for both the Spinosaurus and Baryonyx. Just add a sail piece to the spino 

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Or it's a giant brick build trex *oh2*

That would be a great idea! Hopefully they will not go the same way like assault on hoth. That would be very disappointing! 

12 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

They could make one body, head and tail for both the Spinosaurus and Baryonyx. Just add a sail piece to the spino 

That’s what I was thinking, especially if the JP/JW theme is going to continue yearly.

6 minutes ago, Paulie_D said:

That’s what I was thinking, especially if the JP/JW theme is going to continue yearly.

The only issue could be that the bary is a lot smaller in the movie than the spino

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

The only issue could be that the bary is a lot smaller in the movie than the spino

Yeah, but the carno is way smaller then the indominous, and they still used the same body and tail.

Also, the bary in the tv short was closer to a spinosaurus in size, so if they use that mold, the spino wouldn't be too small.

Edited by Brickwraith

14 minutes ago, Rune Haako said:

I wonder if the sets could possibly be based on the Jurassic World Evolution game?

Well that game is just a zoo simulator, so there's not really much in there that hasn't been in regular sets alright, like capture vehicles and paddocks

Just now, Whovastron said:

Well that game is just a zoo simulator, so there's not really much in there that hasn't been in regular sets alright, like capture vehicles and paddocks

There's different dinosaurs and humans though.

Edited by Rune Haako

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Jurassic World sets were missing  at Nuremberg Toy Fair :cry_sad:

Thats just too bad, but also understandable as the release is pretty far away

On 1/27/2019 at 3:44 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, I wonder if the dino selection will be more diverse this time around since it's the first time we've had waves in two consecutive years, which means a lot of last year's sets are still on shelves. Why would a kid want a Dilophosaurus set for instance if the previous one's still around... unless the build itself is iconic as well. Maybe that's the route they're going, sneaky if so :snicker:

Honestly, I think we'll see a lot of the same. Baryonyx looks likely, and Mosasaurus might be possible, but I'd be shocked if we got anything new besides those.

They've done most of the Carnivores, and the common wisdom with Herbivores is that they don't sell as well as Carnivores, which isn't helped by them only really fitting into bigger sets. Maybe we'll see them re-use the Trike mould, but I don't think we'll see Stego or Anky. And even though Brachiosaurus would be awesome, I don't think there's any chance of seeing that.

2 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

Honestly, I think we'll see a lot of the same. Baryonyx looks likely, and Mosasaurus might be possible, but I'd be shocked if we got anything new besides those.

They've done most of the Carnivores, and the common wisdom with Herbivores is that they don't sell as well as Carnivores, which isn't helped by them only really fitting into bigger sets. Maybe we'll see them re-use the Trike mould, but I don't think we'll see Stego or Anky. And even though Brachiosaurus would be awesome, I don't think there's any chance of seeing that.

From what I recall the Fallen Kingdom wave did really well, hence why lego is continuing the theme. But if they want to continue the theme they'll have to touch the herbivores eventually, people will get bored of the carnivores pretty fast if those are the only dinosaurs. Because weirdly enough, some of the most iconic dinosaurs in the franchise are herbivores (especially the Brachiosaurus, Triceratops and Gallimimus).

Just now, wooster said:

Holy crap!  We're getting T-rex versus a dino-mech, and a triceratops rampage set!  

See this article on gizmodo.  Not sure how they have high-res photos of this already, and I haven't seen any leaks yet (or am I just blind?).

https://io9.gizmodo.com/jurassic-worlds-t-rex-fighting-mecha-t-rex-is-the-lego-1832638350

They will probably be on display at toy fair that’s why 

Wait, what? :laugh_hard: Now that‘s something nobody has seen coming :laugh: 

Edit: they have pictures of all four sets, you have to swipe left :wink: The other two include a Baryonyx and a down-sized Dilophosaurus!

Edited by Lego-Freak

Wow! Weird choice for sets but the dinosaurs look AMAZING!!! The sized down Dilo is awesome although you really lose a lot of articulation. The Baryonyx is a great new mold and I love that the Triceratops is returning! The build in the Trike set is awesome too- I love getting more amusement park stuff from Jurassic World. The T-Rex mech is a bit strange but cool I guess. Weird choice for more sets but I'm not complaining about the new dinosaur molds and the park builds. I really hope the D2C is Jurassic Park based though, and not more of this. 

Weird sets, but hey a new Triceratops, new color baby dino, Trex and Dilophosaurus plus a new dino (Baryonyx?)? Someone please tell me what that is XD

Anyway, I usually buy these sets for the dinos so it's all good. The builds look weird tho, although I like the food/park stands. 

Edited by Kevii23