J4ck

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

If it's just the gate and brickbuilt T-rex taking up all the pieces, that would be such a letdown. I'll wait to pass judgment on it before I see it, but I can't remember the last time a big set like this came out that actually lived up to the hype

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Johnjacob said:

If it's just the gate and brickbuilt T-rex taking up all the pieces, that would be such a letdown. I'll wait to pass judgment on it before I see it, but I can't remember the last time a big set like this came out that actually lived up to the hype

You took the words right out of my mouth, but Apocalypseburg did live up to the hype

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth, but Apocalypseburg did live up to the hype

Yeah, that was one set that was incredible through and through. But I don't remember anything from it being hyped up as much as this, or say, Cloud City for example.  Might just be me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They know people want the Jeep and the Explorers...makes me wonder if those would be regular sets at some point.  With the Malcom I was convinced we would get the Jeep and with the rex mech, I thought the explorer had a shot since they were already using the colors. 

Did the gate have the wording on it?

im going to try not to lament what we didn’t get and enjoy what we did, but getting neither vehicle sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the descriptions of this leak are true, it’s an easy pass for me, I’ll just BL the figures. No new Dino moulds ( no Dino moulds at all for that matter) is extremely disappointing and makes the set worthless to me. No visitor center. Nothing really that I would want. I’m sure it looks cool but not worth the money for me at all

22 minutes ago, Johnjacob said:

If it's just the gate and brickbuilt T-rex taking up all the pieces, that would be such a letdown. I'll wait to pass judgment on it before I see it, but I can't remember the last time a big set like this came out that actually lived up to the hype

I think Hogwarts Castle and Stranger Things lived up to the hype for sure. They did for me at least. But yeah this sounds like it certainly won’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Supervir2 said:

They know people want the Jeep and the Explorers...makes me wonder if those would be regular sets at some point.  With the Malcom I was convinced we would get the Jeep and with the rex mech, I thought the explorer had a shot since they were already using the colors. 

Did the gate have the wording on it?

im going to try not to lament what we didn’t get and enjoy what we did, but getting neither vehicle sucks

Yes, the gate has wording on it.

 

It clearly won't live up to the hype, it seemed LEGO put more effort in the brick - built T- Rex than the gate. I wish we would have just gotten the Visitor center.

28 minutes ago, Johnjacob said:

If it's just the gate and brickbuilt T-rex taking up all the pieces, that would be such a letdown. I'll wait to pass judgment on it before I see it, but I can't remember the last time a big set like this came out that actually lived up to the hype

It clearly won't live up to the hype, it seemed LEGO put more effort in the brick - built T- Rex than the gate. I wish we would have just gotten the Visitor center.

Edited by Brother From Another Brick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds really disappointing :sceptic: And why does Nedry have his 'Dilophosaurus spit' face if said dinosaur's not included? :wacko:

Speaking of disappointment: Check out this bracket I found in my copy of the Dino mech set, but beware, it's the stuff of nightmares:

48026181562_aa91928e87_n.jpg 48026075601_1c34c75acb_n.jpg

I think I've found the culprit though :laugh:

48026075406_2a87a0f79c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like that museum sign in the Trike set doesn’t mean anything, maybe next year. That is if this image is real but it’s weird because it does seem like it would ripoff the ideas submission, which I’m pretty sure LEGO rejected and I know there was controversy over a similar situation with the ghostbusters firehouse.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I just saw the set too and I've got to say, its disappointing. 

The builds are the gate, Rex and a minifigure stand with plaque. The gate has 6 small displays at the back to put the figures in. As for figures:

- Malcolm: Anakin Skywalker hair in black, head and torso as leaked, black legs with a bandage printed on his left leg 

- Arnold: Finn hair, new double sided head, torso as leaked, dual molded legs to represent his labcoat

- Hammond: same hat as Alan from last years' set, head as leaked, new torso with dual molded arms, unprinted white legs

- Ellie: exact same as last year but with different hair (same hair used by Fleur Delacour)

- Alan: exact same as last year

- Nedry: Finn hair, head and torso as leaked, unprinted tan legs

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I can’t find the image, I guess it’ll be out there eventually though. Still sounds disappointing

It is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not bad, it’s more for display. 

But a visitors center would be much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just sounds ill-conceived...at least in terms of the figs.  A gate and Trex are fine, but nedry, Arnold, and Malcom don’t seem to fit without a Jeep or visitor center.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there was a computer or research area in the gate. Very small but still. Every Minifig had a place inside the back of the gate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cookiemonster said:

Where can I find the picture?

It was only on insta this morning for a short while. Guess LEGO asked to take it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I think there was a computer or research area in the gate. Very small but still. Every Minifig had a place inside the back of the gate. 

But putting them in the gate is just odd.  Makes me think they must not have plans that would use those characters (ie visitor center) so shoved them in this set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think they just wanted to make a huge brick built T-Rex and ran out of the 1000 bricks after that. It does look cool. But the gate is just weird with the big plates. 

It’s back on insta but only the front of the box. 

Edited by Magnum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about a flub. LEGO doesn't know its target audience at all if they thought Jurassic Park fans wanted to buy a giant buildable T-Rex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the set. It’s very disappointing, but at least it still has the figures. The builds are actually great but it’s just not what I want in a big JP set because it isn’t compatible with any of the other sets as far as scale and consistency

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I think they just wanted to make a huge brick built T-Rex and ran out of the 1000 bricks after that. It does look cool. But the gate is just weird with the big plates. 

It’s back on insta but only the front of the box. 

 

That is a massive letdown of a set:/. The rex itself is not bad, but doesn’t immediately make me think JP and the gates are less polished than I had hoped:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is the front of the box in low quality. On a side (but much more important note):

It blows my mind how people can be so insanely stupid. How obvious does it need to be that this picture is not supposed to be out? Especially after the extremely controversial Stranger Things leak?! Ugh

EDIT: MandRProductions has already deleted the video

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow. That T-Rex actually looks awesome.

But yeah this is a flub, definitely not getting it. It's useless for my layout. Sorry Lego, but playing with scale like this always ends badly for people like me who are building city layouts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Here is the front of the box in low quality. On a side (but much more important note):

It blows my mind how people can be so insanely stupid. How obvious does it need to be that this picture is not supposed to be out? Especially after the extremely controversial Stranger Things leak?! Ugh

EDIT: MandRProductions has already deleted the video

Everyone freaks out about the leaks getting out but nothing EVER happens. I’m done believing the doomsdayers to be honest. Lego is all talk with threats but really can’t or won’t do anything about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.