Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think a Spinosaurus could work with a new neck piece, a new sail to attach to the T. rex body, and maybe new arms. It can reuse the body, legs, and tail of the rex. I’d be fine with the arms being Indominus ones though, since those can grip figures and everything. I’m not sure about the size of the Baryonyx head though. It looks a little big for the Indoraptor body so maybe they designed it with a Spinosaurus in mind? An new neck mold like the game figure had would be perfect I think but I need to get my hands on the Baryonyx and compare it to my T. rex first.

JP-Baryonyx_160319.jpg

The Baryonyx head is proportionate to the Indoraptor body, so a Spinosaurus couldn’t reuse it.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:55 AM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

The Baryonyx head is proportionate to the Indoraptor body, so a Spinosaurus couldn’t reuse it.

The neck is, but the head itself still looks a bit too long for me. A new neck piece that begins as thick as the T. rex neck and tapers to the thickness of the Indoraptor neck could work. I don’t think they’ll make many new molds for a Spinosaurus so I’m just trying to think how one could be made reusing as many molds as possible. 

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested - Amazon UK currently has 75938 T. Rex vs Dino Mech for 50% off RRP at £39.99. Can't see stock lasting that long at that price!

ok I went to my Legoland store yesterday and they had the d2c built on display honestly it looks waaaay better in person and a lot bigger than I though so yes its twisted my arm enough that I have decided to buy it next week

So I guess we know finally know what the Bricktober Owen figure is actually based upon: his Jurassic World - The Ride costume. 

And for those saying ''it's based on the scenes he's training Blue and the other Raptors'', you might want to watch that scene again as he is just wearing his normal JWFK outfit.

I always thought the figure was nothing more but the JWFK design colorswapped with an added protective glove but it's nice to know the outfit itself is based on something that actually exist

On 8/17/2019 at 12:48 AM, Guyon2002 said:

So I guess we know finally know what the Bricktober Owen figure is actually based upon: his Jurassic World - The Ride costume. 

And for those saying ''it's based on the scenes he's training Blue and the other Raptors'', you might want to watch that scene again as he is just wearing his normal JWFK outfit.

I always thought the figure was nothing more but the JWFK design colorswapped with an added protective glove but it's nice to know the outfit itself is based on something that actually exist

Nope - always has been modelled on the training scene in Fallen Kingdom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S76NPHif5o

Edited by LuxorV
Please, do not quote videos. Thank you.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I never noticed that, mostly because he's wearing blue in pretty much every other training sequence. Good job spotting it though!

Hahaha thanks buddy! I am a massive Jurassic geek so know these films in and out.

I'm really excited to see what the new sets bring. 

I cant wait ill be getting the t rex rampage tomorrow honestly the more I look at the pictures the more I like the set and I like the

additional 7 scenes included at the back of the gate

16 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

I cant wait ill be getting the t rex rampage tomorrow honestly the more I look at the pictures the more I like the set and I like the

additional 7 scenes included at the back of the gate

Here’s something to make you more excited.

when I saw the pictures I hated the set, the gates are shaped wrong, flames are in the wrong place, the logo isn’t good, the scenes at the back aren’t great. The minifigure selection is bad and the tree is clunky and I don’t want a giant t-rex....

HOWEVER...

I bought the set after seeing it on display. And hot damn, it’s magnificent. Even if the gates aren’t accurate, they’re huge and perfect and it’s such an amazing display piece. And Rexy is so cool. The build is great and she’s really, really fun to pose and display, I only wish they’d given her like a display base or something, maybe with the ‘when dinosaurs ruled...’ banner. Would have been awesome.

this set is honestly two amazing £100+ sets rolled into one. I was halfway through the gates and thought ‘these feel like £200’ and then remembered that was only half the set!

have fun when you get it tomorrow, you will not be disappointed!

On 8/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, Whovastron said:

Here’s something to make you more excited.

when I saw the pictures I hated the set, the gates are shaped wrong, flames are in the wrong place, the logo isn’t good, the scenes at the back aren’t great. The minifigure selection is bad and the tree is clunky and I don’t want a giant t-rex....

HOWEVER...

I bought the set after seeing it on display. And hot damn, it’s magnificent. Even if the gates aren’t accurate, they’re huge and perfect and it’s such an amazing display piece. And Rexy is so cool. The build is great and she’s really, really fun to pose and display, I only wish they’d given her like a display base or something, maybe with the ‘when dinosaurs ruled...’ banner. Would have been awesome.

this set is honestly two amazing £100+ sets rolled into one. I was halfway through the gates and thought ‘these feel like £200’ and then remembered that was only half the set!

have fun when you get it tomorrow, you will not be disappointed!

I had the exact same thoughts. Both builds would be great $150 sets on their own, and I think $250 for both is actually a really good price. This is definitely a set that’s better in person. 

wow after having built the d2c im impressed at how big both builds are and much more enjoyable to build than I realised

although there is one complaint my ian Malcolm minifigure is badly miscoloured on the torso as the flesh tone seems very worn and looks like a hack job I will have to contact lego for a replacement figure

one final thing did anybody notice the Ray Arnold severed arm in the set I realised it straight away

5 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

although there is one complaint my ian Malcolm minifigure is badly miscoloured on the torso as the flesh tone seems very worn and looks like a hack job I will have to contact lego for a replacement figure

That's probably not going to fix anything, lego's light-on-dark printing has been awfull for a few years now. I'd say it's actually unacceptable considering how much we pay for those figures/sets

4 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

one final thing did anybody notice the Ray Arnold severed arm in the set I realised it straight away

People should really wonder why they bought that set if they didn't notice Arnold's arm during the build

45 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Any pics of the "severed arm" detail? I can't seem to find it in any official pics.

This is with the fencing opened (not my pic btw)

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Whoa! Looks like it has the bloody stump and everything. This might take the cake as the most gruesome detail in an official Lego set.

5 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

Any word on the next two sets?  There is going to be two more right?

We're getting 4 sets, 2 of which will be 4+. But the only thing we know about them are the setnumbers

There's a new poster on Instagram of the Legend of Isla Nublar animated series. The poster shows a new species, which is the Allosaurus. I think it's safe to say, that will be in a 2020 JW set.

Just now, Anak said:

There's a new poster on Instagram of the Legend of Isla Nublar animated series. The poster shows a new species, which is the Allosaurus. I think it's safe to say, that will be in a 2020 JW set.

Yeah, the colors of that look spot-on for the "Battle at Big Rock" version of the Allosaurus that has begun to pop-up all over the place now, so I'd say it's very plausible we'll see that in a set down the road. I'd be all for it, too; Allosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs, was the top-tier predator in the actual late Jurassic period, and looking at the poster, is actually relatively to scale, unlike the way-too-big Carno from before. Fingers crossed on this one.

It looks nice, it reuses the Indoraptor jaw and body. It’s hard to tell if the legs might not have the sickle claws on them. I can live with it having T. rex arms but I wonder if raptor arms would’ve been better.

3 hours ago, Anak said:

I'd really like to see that happen, but sadly the Legend of Isla Nublar series (and other LEGO JW movies/shorts) have already showed us a ton of brand new dinosaurs most of which we've never gotten before. The biggest draw to the Allo for me is getting a medium-sized carnivore, I really hope they will redo the Carno in this scale because the FK version while incredible is way too big!

The Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops are pretty likely given how many brand partners have been drawn into the botched Battle At Big Rock tie in at this moment in time. Small companies like the Japanese model dinosaur companies with the Jurassic license even decided to tie in, so I doubt LEGO would miss the chance.

I did a practical experiment and the Allosaurus uses the Indoraptor body - which increases the probability of a release given LEGO wouldn't need to make a new mould for the body. The Nasutoceratops would also be able to re-use the Trike body, which we only saw re-issued last wave, again saving LEGO money.

With those factors taken into account, I would argue a BR tie in is probable - with the juniors sets most likely being themed around the new Netflix show which will release next year, Camp Cretaceous. Failing a BR tie in, I imagine all the sets will be themed around CC instead. 

Just in case anyone missed it: Battle at Big Rock is out now!

My quick thoughts:

The short was awesome, and much better than I expected. It was very refreshing to once again see the dinosaurs act like animals instead of the hero/villain characters they've become in the films. Cinematopgraphy and VXF were incredible, though the story was good it had a few bad aspects to it (mainly that stupid screaming kid and the Allo being defeated by a 8-year old with a crossbow, like wtf?). The credits made me incredibly hyped for JW3 and especially the compy scene was hilarious! Safe to say: if JW3 is anything like this Trevorrow actually managed to give me more faith in the third film

As for lego I'm confident we will not be getting sets based on this or a figure of the Nasutoceratops. But as the Allosaurus appeared on the poster of Legends of Isla Nublar I'm confident and hopefull we will be seeing her in a future set!

Edited by Guyon2002