Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Breaking discussion, but I was browsing ebay and guffawed at the bloated prices for the 2015 Indominus Rex set. With the new 2020 Netflix series taking place during the events of the first Jurassic World, I hope the I-Rex figure will make a return next year. 

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

My biggest take away from LEGO at this point is them kicking to the curb LEGO ideas, this is the second set which they practically pulled an official excuse in regards to make it ok to release this set even though another set similar to this WITH THE FORD EXPLORER was approved to 10,000 and denied.

I don’t understand how everyone jumps to “they stole it from the lego ideas contributor”.  It’s an IP they already have, I’m sure they’ve sketched out every major piece they could do in lego. If it was an IP they didn’t already have rights to it would actually be suspicious.

While this D2C isn’t what I wanted for a big JP set and, I believe, a wasted opportunity, it still is a cool set. I have trouble paying $250 for it, but if somehow I find it at a discount (which isn't likely) then I may have to pick it up simply because it’s a set that I can see myself regretting not getting 5-7 years from now. Hopefully we will get more JP sets in the future that include more Dino molds and iconic scenes and vehicles. To me this is a good set but not a good Jurassic Park set. I’m kind of torn. I may end up caving at some point but we’ll see.

1 minute ago, KevinMD said:

I don’t understand how everyone jumps to “they stole it from the lego ideas contributor”.  It’s an IP they already have, I’m sure they’ve sketched out every major piece they could do in lego. If it was an IP they didn’t already have rights to it would actually be suspicious.

And what they said makes perfect sense, when you’re going off the same source material there will be overlaps. Plus, didn’t they say this was in the works since before that Ideas set? Or did I read incorrectly? I believe the T-Rex was going to be a Creator set but the JP team took it since it wasn’t being used and modified it to be from JP

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And what they said makes perfect sense, when you’re going off the same source material there will be overlaps. Plus, didn’t they say this was in the works since before that Ideas set? Or did I read incorrectly? I believe the T-Rex was going to be a Creator set but the JP team took it since it wasn’t being used and modified it to be from JP

The original T-Rex model was just something a Creator designer build for fun and he put it in his workspace for a couple years. The JP team saw it and saw the potential the model had as a set

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t know where you’re living, but I don’t get any discounts like that anywhere near me. The best discount I could hope for is 15% and NEVER on D2C sets. And no disrespect intended, but I think my previous comment was perfectly clear, the discussion in general is about this set and price being a factor in not getting it.

Most discounts are online anyway. Amazon almost always has sets on 20% off after a month or so of release.

and @KevinMD was right, I was referring to Lego in general. D2Cs are almost never on discount, but I was referring to Lego as a hobby, as that was the context of the comment I was originally replying to

3 hours ago, KevinMD said:

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

While this D2C isn’t what I wanted for a big JP set and, I believe, a wasted opportunity, it still is a cool set. I have trouble paying $250 for it, but if somehow I find it at a discount (which isn't likely) then I may have to pick it up simply because it’s a set that I can see myself regretting not getting 5-7 years from now. Hopefully we will get more JP sets in the future that include more Dino molds and iconic scenes and vehicles. To me this is a good set but not a good Jurassic Park set. I’m kind of torn. I may end up caving at some point but we’ll see.

the biggest example is the ecto 1, when that was approved from LEGO, they got their ip, not long after they acquired their license, another firehouse won 10,000, but LEGO declined it, next thing you know the d2c gets released, stating the same ideas logic, read the comments from a lot of sets that make 10,000 votes for stating things like the set is not possible etc, especially from the previous Jurassic park sets that reached the 10,000, yeah sure a lot of ideas “overlap” but lego will not give credit to the main guys who had it. 

i am not a disgruntled LEGO ideas creator at all, but it makes sense for a business to take ideas from consumers and credit it as their own, in the end though we all want a bunch of sets from ideas, but they kind of dropped the ball with this one, we all know well LEGO has been compartmentalizing sets recently, we will get our Jeep/explorer in a future set watch, toy companies have been doing this for a while, buuuuttt I do feel the original ideas set that won, was waaay better designed than this one imho, i would only buy it for the minifigures than anything, that sad to say fit better with the 40 dollar raptor escape from the 1992 movie

Edited by eldiano

It’s very unlikely they’ll include the cars. If they had licensing issues with the car manufacturers for the D2C, best not get our hopes up for other sets in the near future. 

Considering there’s no Jurassic World film coming soon, I’m guessing it’ll be more Legend of Isla Nublar stuff. Fine by me, those sets are quite fun and - here’s the best bit - actually include zoo/themepark related builds! 

Personally, I got my fingers crossed for another new dino. When are you gonna give us that brachiosaurus, LEGO? Or the stegosaurus? :moar:

I wasnt expecting anything else for us for some reason so this is great news. Hopefully it’s either JP stuff or entirely new dinosaurs.

If it's not movie-based I'm most likely not going to like it. I really wasn't a fan of the Legend of Isla Nublar line

7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Aren't they supposed to be based on the upcoming Netflix animated series for JW?

Could be, but we have never heard something that would suggest this

I think this theme is gonna stick around for a while thankfully. If the 4 sets are for winter 2020, then they’ll probably be based on the Lego series/movie. But I could easily see us getting another wave later in the year to coincide with the release of the Netflix series. Hopefully there will be a new Indominus in it. And then in 2021 we should get a wave for the third movie

I’m glad to see that they’re making this theme longer lived. I like the Legend of Isla Nublar wave for the awesome new dinosaurs and the theme park builds, although everything else (including most of the figures) isn’t that impressive to me. I’d be fine with more sets based on Legend of Isla Nublar as long as we get some new dinosaurs and hopefully some new theme park builds!

I knew for some time though that lego will just release a large brick built t rex and honestly I will only get the set if it goes on sale for around £150

maybe the 4 new upcoming sets is legos way of saying sorry to people who wanted a visitor centre and lets hope for some new moulds

30 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

maybe the 4 new upcoming sets is legos way of saying sorry to people who wanted a visitor centre 

Don't count on it, I'd say chances are high we're getting another round of these ''different'' made-up sets

I just finished the D2C the other day and I’m blown away by it. The T. rex is incredible and both builds are absolutely gigantic. I honestly would’ve been fine paying $300 for this, I don’t think it would’ve been a ripoff at all. The little scenes in the back are cute and make the building process more interesting but don’t really matter. Overall I really like the set! 

I hope we see a spinosaur in the new wave. With the return of the trike mould, we could potentially see more herbivores? There’s gotta be something they can make with a new headsculpt and clever printing.

14 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I hope we see a spinosaur in the new wave. With the return of the trike mould, we could potentially see more herbivores? There’s gotta be something they can make with a new headsculpt and clever printing.

And maybe some kind of new sailpiece that is able to perfectly attach to the Indoraptor body. Or just a new body alltogether!

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And maybe some kind of new sailpiece that is able to perfectly attach to the Indoraptor body. Or just a new body alltogether!

We got a brilliant Spinosaur' in the game. I'd love to see them translate that model to real life.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope they don’t do that, the Spinosaur needs to be as big as Rexy. I think we’d need a new body, or maybe Rexy’s body, but with new limbs for the “arms”

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I hope they don’t do that, the Spinosaur needs to be as big as Rexy. I think we’d need a new body, or maybe Rexy’s body, but with new limbs for the “arms”

Its lego, knowing them they'll just reuse the indo-arms

3 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

We got a brilliant Spinosaur' in the game. I'd love to see them translate that model to real life.

I'd love to see that version too, but as it would require a lot of new molds I don't really see that happening

I think a Spinosaurus could work with a new neck piece, a new sail to attach to the T. rex body, and maybe new arms. It can reuse the body, legs, and tail of the rex. I’d be fine with the arms being Indominus ones though, since those can grip figures and everything. I’m not sure about the size of the Baryonyx head though. It looks a little big for the Indoraptor body so maybe they designed it with a Spinosaurus in mind? An new neck mold like the game figure had would be perfect I think but I need to get my hands on the Baryonyx and compare it to my T. rex first.