Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I mean, voting on ideas is exactly indicative of wanting the set...that’s why they do it. But still, this isn’t the set 10000 people asked for. They asked for a more accurate representation of the gates (although the size on this is good) and the explorer and Rexy, not just Rexy

also, minor gripe, but the Jurassic World logo being on the display stand rather than jurassic park is a tad annoying

And besides all that, the Ideas project was much closer to minifigure scale 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And besides all that, the Ideas project was much closer to minifigure scale 

To be fair, the gate in this set is minifig scale, the gates in the movie are huge.

i can’t get over how inaccurate the gates design is though. There should be 3 tiers, and here it’s just one slope, and the slope doesn’t change gradient at the bottom like this. And the position of the torches are all wrong, and the sign is too small. Such a shame

Edited by Whovastron

I, for one, am stoked. That T-rex is gorgeous. I have a feeling that this was developed more so as a UCS style set, and the mini-figures were thrown in later to make collectors happy. I certainly won't scoff at them. The unsubstantiated wishlisting for the visitor's center definitely hurt how people look at this set, but I'll be picking it up day one.

19 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I mean, voting on ideas is exactly indicative of wanting the set...that’s why they do it. But still, this isn’t the set 10000 people asked for. They asked for a more accurate representation of the gates (although the size on this is good) and the explorer and Rexy, not just Rexy

also, minor gripe, but the Jurassic World logo being on the display stand rather than jurassic park is a tad annoying

Some people vote for the theme as I have done, but not wanting the set; hence the variables.

20 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It's more than just a little annoying. It's the single most egregious misstep in the set to me.

The german blog stonewars.de reports that it would be a good advice to check back today around 3-4pm (CET) for offical material. So Lego will indeed announce the set today.

4 minutes ago, brickonski said:

The official pictures are now on stonewars.de!

It's even worse than I thought. What a horrendous fail for Jurassic Park fans. No need to sugar coat it

I kinda like it. Gate looks better, but a few less studs towards the top would have been better. The Dino is probably a fun build, gonna be interesting to see exactly how poseable it is. 

I’m getting it as soon as I can. The dinosaur does look better now even if the head isn’t perfect. And it’s over two feet long! That’s gigantic! I was always happy with the gate and now that I’m sold on the dinosaur it’s a definite purchase. 

Gonna contradict everything I’ve said so far, but the official pics make it look a lot better. The T-Rex has much more possibility than I thought, and the gates do attempt the staggered size at the front 

That larger scale version he was working on really captured the shaping.  Shame it was too big/unstable as I’d have definitely gotten that one for sure.  

Meh, I'm disappointed. No visitor center, no vehicle, no Muldoon. Missed opportunity.

250 bucks for an oversized T-Rex and a door... not sure about this one.

Yeah, I'm just so conflicted about this set.

On the one hand, the T-Rex and gate look pretty good, and I'm excited about the minifigures. But on the whole it seems like a huge missed opportunity.

I have a feeling they've added the "scenes" on the back of the gate so that its build process wouldn't be dead boring. I always appreciate additional detail, but still I'm not so sure I like the fact that they're there. Also, why the toilet and no Gennaro? Why not choose a scene that wouldn't require any additional minifigs, lke the theatre? Really such a weird inclusion. Maybe I'll change my mind about them once I'll build it, maybe I'll just ignore them since the front is way more displayable anyway. I'm still angry about the Jurassic Park sign though :damn:

With that said, I'm liking the T-rex more and more after seeing it on the videos, and for me it's the main selling point aside from the minifigs.

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

I have a feeling they've added the "scenes" on the back of the gate so that its build process wouldn't be dead boring. I always appreciate additional detail, but still I'm not so sure I like the fact that they're there. Also, why the toilet and no Gennaro? Why not choose a scene that wouldn't require any additional minifigs, lke the theatre? Really such a weird inclusion. Maybe I'll change my mind about them once I'll build it, maybe I'll just ignore them since the front is way more displayable anyway. I'm still angry about the Jurassic Park sign though :damn:

With that said, I'm liking the T-rex more and more after seeing it on the videos, and for me it's the main selling point aside from the minifigs.

I take it as a sign Gennaro is coming next year, leaving out other characters is a good strategy to ensure we'll spend more money on future sets that include them. Unless they really do want to leave us hanging with an easter egg toilet.

New Elementary - 75936 JURASSIC PARK T. REX RAMPAGE: DESIGNER INTERVIEW WITH MARK STAFFORD & MARCOS BESSA

Just announced, 75936 Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage is a new Direct to Consumer set (D2C, basically ‘the big ones for adults’) that has 3120 pieces and will be available from 19 June 2019 priced US$249.99/ CA$299.99/ £219.99/ €249.99/ 1899DKK. We saw it a couple of weeks ago in Billund and can confirm it is spectacular! While there we spoke with its designer Mark Stafford and LEGO® Jurassic World team manager Marcos Bessa to get some insight into how the set came about.

mark-stafford-designer_lego-jurassic-park-trex-rampage-75936_272A8424.jpg

Here's a rather interesting tidbit regarding the set's relationship with @senteosan's rejected LEGO Ideas project(s):

So the idea for a dinosaur set originated from TLG?

Mark: Yes… the elephant in the room is the LEGO Ideas one. Mike’s is from 2012 so we knew it predated that. I was aware it existed, but I purposefully didn’t go and look at it. When I finally did look at it about two weeks before I finished, I was annoyed that we chose the same colours for the dinosaur and the gate but the reason for that is when you look at the actual movie, those are the colours that they are. And the T-Rex is the only dinosaur that is in every movie. So there’s not much that you can do. 

Well, you got kicked for releasing the Ghostbusters Firehouse after someone had their version on LEGO Ideas, didn’t you.

Marcos: Yes, it’s a very similar situation. You work from the same reference, and do your best to represent it within a system that is limited in terms of colours and shapes. 
Mark: It’s a Jurassic gate with a dinosaur and the colours are the same, but the scale is very different. This is twice the size [of the LEGO Ideas one]. As far as I am aware, none of the elements were used in the same way.

Ehh. 

It's an awkward situation regardless of how you frame it. 

I don't know the situation behind why the Ideas set was rejected and this wasn't, but I'm sure that that set would have been better received. Bigger doesn't always mean better after all, and I wish there weren't so many massive sets on the market these days just for the sake of it

If someone wants a small version, they can buy this:

10758-1.png

If they are going to go big, they might as well go big. There are plenty of smaller JW sets already if people want smaller ones.

Plus, it seems  there are always complaints about wasting parts on vehicles in larger sets aimed at older people, when they should have used the parts for the scene and left out the vehicle. Only if they do that, then there are complaints that there should be a vehicle. They will never win there.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

There are plenty of smaller JW sets already if people want smaller ones. 

JW yes, but there is only 1 JP set on the market so far. The upcoming one will only be the second one and neither have vehicles in them.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Plus, it seems  there are always complaints about wasting parts on vehicles in larger sets aimed at older people, when they should have used the parts for the scene and left out the vehicle.

I'm assuming that's mostly for the Creator Expert and UCS Star Wars stuff where similar or even better versions of the vehicles can be purchased separately in the regular City and SW lines.