Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Well... this is a surprise, to be sure. I feel almost that if the Visitor Center wasn't hyped up and rumored heavily, I would have appreciated this set more. It's a really cool build and something entirely unique from not just the theme but from Lego in general, and I will be definitely getting it on day one, but I can't help but imagine what could have been. Regardless, it seems that Lego is invested in this theme and willing to experiment with it, which is always good.

As much as I want to be negative about this, I can't help but agree, it's just disappointment it's not the VC. I've brought this upon myself, speculating and dreaming for months and not accepting any alterntives. On its own, the T-rex looks pretty impressive, considering the legs and neck seem to be poseable to some extent. Aside from the Jurassic Park sign, which is a bit small, the gate is fine, but the Ford Explorer would of course be more fitting and preferable. Shame about this whole situation but nevertheless, interesting set that I'll almost surely pick up, but maybe not as soon as I would'v wanted to :sadnew:

The gate was massive in the film:

jurassic-park-gate-1.jpg

I think a Ford Explorer from the JW videogame (8 studs wide) will fit perfectly there:

20242269050_cb0a4c74dd_b.jpg

I think the set looks cool, do I wish it was the Visitors Center yeah of course but maybe some day. I think the brick built T-Rex is great same with the gate. I wonder if the Ford Explorer will be in another set either yet to be seen or next year? My fear is watch the Ford Explorer end up a gift with purchase with this set.

Not sure what to think of this yet. From a build perspective the T-Rex and gate look excellent but the overall product still feels a bit empty. Maybe including the Ford Explorers might have helped fix that. I second what someone else said about it not really fitting in with the other JP/JW sets.

Honestly, I have no interest in this set. It's all far too big to be in-scale with minifigures, and with my budget, it would simply not be worth spending that same amount on other sets. I'll have to pass.

Not as bad as I thought but it's just... weird.  Keep the main gate but give us an exclusive painted molded T-Rex, a gate the rex can break thru with a goat, a smaller dilophosaurus with Nedry and a couple jeeps.  Actually just the fact they kept out a jeep makes this set a fail for me

100% not what I was expecting. With the amount of iconic scenes and characters that would have been able to be included in a visitors' center, this set seems like a big missed opportunity to make something truly worthwile of being a Jurassic Park D2C.

Definitely not what I was expecting either....although not in an entirely bad way. As it stands this looks to be an excellent display set. I would have preferred a Muldoon minifigure over Ray Arnold though.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

Is the set actually not in minifigure scale? Looking at that picture of the gate from the movie they seem to be similar in size, and while the brick built T. rex is far larger than Lego’s molded animals, it could be life sized when compared with a figure. So this could still work just fine with minifigures. 

I like the gate. I think the scale is great and it's fairly detailed. I've yet to see the other side of it, so I'll have to reserve judgement on that.

Not a fan of the T-rex though. I mean, it's a good design, but I've been buying Dinosaur sets featuring molded Dinosaurs for years, so this one brick-built one doesn't really fit in with the rest.

The inclusion of the toilet without Gennaro is an odd choice. Makes me wonder if there's an unannounced set or something to fill this gap. Then again, looking at my Disney Castle, some of the rooms still don't have the proper characters, so perhaps I shouldn't waste my time reading into this.

Edited by strangely

After seeing the other side, I have to say Lego should have just built the Vistor Center with exclusive molded dinos, the T-Rex is face looks like a dinosaur from the Flintstones. 

57 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is the set actually not in minifigure scale? Looking at that picture of the gate from the movie they seem to be similar in size, and while the brick built T. rex is far larger than Lego’s molded animals, it could be life sized when compared with a figure. So this could still work just fine with minifigures. 

It's not. The current, molded T-Rex is roughly to scale with minifigures; a human would be decently close to the knee, which is about where the 'figs hit our molded Rex. This brick built Rex appears to be about twice or three times that height alone, just guesstimating based on studs. The gate isn't quite as out of scale, but it may still be about five or six human heights too tall, although I'm having more difficulty judging that since it's more in the background.

Just now, Dr.Cogg said:

After seeing the other side, I have to say Lego should have just built the Vistor Center with exclusive molded dinos, the T-Rex is face looks like a dinosaur from the Flintstones. 

Yeah, I don't like the eyes on it. Instead of "peak predator," it looks kinda derpy.

Ironically, set 75937 from this summer's JW cartoon line does a better job representing the iconic scenes of the 1993 film than the D2C, if you add in a T-Rex from Bricklink.

So they brick built a dinosaur and it is not a sauropod?  Why would they waste a spot on a T-Rex they already have a mold for?  :wacko:  A sauropod that is not likely to have molds anytime soon would have been perfect for a brick build dinosaur included with this.  That would have made this a must buy even without the jeep or explorer.

Seriously I showed my 7 year old the picture and he asks: "Is that a robot T-Rex?"  Mind you he loves dinosaurs and we have at least one of every molded dinosaur in the "modern" style.  He keeps asking me when we are going to get a Stegosaurus and a Brontosaurus.  :hmpf_bad:

The back of the box is also leaked, giving a view of the "play features." The back of the gate is basically a dollhouse with six rooms, each room representing an iconic scene from the movie. One of the rooms is just a toilet... And the set is named "Jurassic Park T-rex Rampage."

Just my opinion, but the size of the T-Rex makes me think of all the T-Rexes currently sold by Mattel. I'm a big Jurassic Park fan, but with so many T-Rexes available for purchase, I'm not so sure if I want a brick-built one. Hence I'm in the group of people wanting a Visitor Center instead, but, hey, can't do anything about that.

The complaints sound a lot like the Modular discussion once we’ve heard the name...and finally see a picture. A bunch of moping & whining because it wasn’t what some people thought it should be...

Now, I haven’t been following this thread to know how solid the Visitors Center was. From that perspective, I can understand the disappointment...but rumors aren’t always real. Taking the set on it’s own, it’s really good. It’s a nice shelf piece, as intended. Looks to be a decent build. Making the T-Rex the focal point is rather fitting, as it was the real star. 

I think part of the problem is the gate has at least 4 scenes from the visitor center (Hammond's area, Mr.Arnolds area, Dr. Grant's area, Ian Malcolm's area) but instead there shoved into a gate and a bunch of pieces are used on a T-Rex with a Flintstones dinosaur face.

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

The complaints sound a lot like the Modular discussion once we’ve heard the name...and finally see a picture. A bunch of moping & whining because it wasn’t what some people thought it should be... 

This is a forum. Surely, this should be a safe place to discuss and express opinions, even if those opinions are negative. That doesn’t automatically mean that people are “moping and whining”. 

As for me, I’m very surprised by the shape this set has taken. Especially with the Rex, it seems more in line with the James Bond D2C than with the Stranger Things, Batman 1966 kind of approach. Because we’ve had minifigure scale playsets for Jurassic so far, I think it was a completely fair assumption from a lot of us that this set would be that, too. 

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Everyone freaks out about the leaks getting out but nothing EVER happens. I’m done believing the doomsdayers to be honest. Lego is all talk with threats but really can’t or won’t do anything about it

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

What action? I’m not saying you guys are wrong but I have never actually heard of any consequences happening after leaks like this, even when everyone freaks out and says the situation is really bad

Last year e.g. "The brick show" was deleted from youtube after 9 years there because of posting leaks!

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here is the front of the box in low quality. On a side (but much more important note):

It blows my mind how people can be so insanely stupid. How obvious does it need to be that this picture is not supposed to be out? Especially after the extremely controversial Stranger Things leak?! Ugh

EDIT: MandRProductions has already deleted the video

After they were deleted "MandRProductions" made a video where he is running around interviewing people and try to get them to answer that they are as happy as him that "The brick show" was deleted. Says a lot about him as a person so I do not watch his content, but if he published this leak (?) and got deleted because of it; what a irony that would be..

Sorry for the OT..

I am one of the most avid supporters of animal moulds here, but I must say that is a very well made brick-buildt dinosaur! It will look excellent on a shelf as a display piece I am sure so well done to the designers:thumbup:
That being said, except for the minifigs it do not combine with other sets in the theme! I have sweet spot for the old JP (the new dinosaur hybrids not so much) and last years "75932: Jurassic Park Velociraptor Chase" got me thinking that I should start buying the sets if they made more like that. So like many others I was expecting a D2C system scale set from the first JP movie with several dinosaur moulds maybe even a new huge brachiosaurus mould, but since that is not the case my wallet is happy :tongue:

I think this is a massive letdown in that everyone was expecting a Visitors Center. I was prepared to accept an open-back version (even though I don't like them, but I did buy the Orthanc and Disney Castle sets), but this is disappointing. Mind you, I think the T-Rex is built in a clever way, but it's too large. The gate looks good from the front but the inclusion of vignettes is stupid.

I guess I will buy it if there is a unique GWP with it (e.g. a Speed Champions-scale Ford Explorer or Jeep, or Gennaro's toilet), otherwise I'll wait for a significant discount at another retailer.

Totally understand peoples dissapointment. This saves me money for many other sets.

And OMG, the dino has a red sausage for tongue! It looks totally ridiculous :iamded_lol:

11 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Woah where are we seeing these? I love little displays like that, I might have more than the figures to go after now, though I think the toilet could be a sign of next year’s wave.

I've seen both the back of box and the minfigure stand, they were on Instagram very shortly but they've already been deleted

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Its way too large, just look at this picture from Rexy's breakout:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jurassic park trex foot

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

After they were deleted "MandRProductions" made a video where he is running around interviewing people and try to get them to answer that they are as happy as him that "The brick show" was deleted. Says a lot about him as a person so I do not watch his content, but if he published this leak (?) and got deleted because of it; what a irony that would be..

Yeah, he's a real whiner. Some months ago he made a 20 minute rant about Target or Walmart not selling him a streetdated set

1 hour ago, essel said:

I think this is a massive letdown in that everyone was expecting a Visitors Center. I was prepared to accept an open-back version (even though I don't like them, but I did buy the Orthanc and Disney Castle sets), but this is disappointing. Mind you, I think the T-Rex is built in a clever way, but it's too large. The gate looks good from the front but the inclusion of vignettes is stupid.

I guess I will buy it if there is a unique GWP with it (e.g. a Speed Champions-scale Ford Explorer or Jeep, or Gennaro's toilet), otherwise I'll wait for a significant discount at another retailer.

Oh, so you have not seen the back of the box, right?