Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

That... is actually a very well designed T. Rex, the gates too, but I do hope they pick up the pace for JP1 sets next year. I wonder if these big brickbuilt models sell well, I hope they do even if they're not my thing they still look very great.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Just now, Raptor of Vengeance said:

That... is actually a very well designed T. Rex, the gates too, I'm not even upset anymore, actually kind of relieved to save a bit of money this year, but I do hope they pick up the pace for JP1 sets next year. I wonder if these big brickbuilt models sell well, I hope they do even if they're not my thing they still look very great.

It is indeed well designed. Problem is, literally nobody wanted to have something like this

Just now, Raptor of Vengeance said:

That... is actually a very well designed T. Rex, the gates too, I'm not even upset anymore, actually kind of relieved to save a bit of money this year, but I do hope they pick up the pace for JP1 sets next year. I wonder if these big brickbuilt models sell well, I hope they do even if they're not my thing they still look very great.

Finally someone who doesn't hate it. I personally think the build for the Rex looks absolutely amazing. Same goes for the gate, even though it looks like the logo is stickered

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Everyone freaks out about the leaks getting out but nothing EVER happens. I’m done believing the doomsdayers to be honest. Lego is all talk with threats but really can’t or won’t do anything about it

This isn’t 100% true....Lego has taken a lot of action because of the stranger things leaks 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

This isn’t 100% true....Lego has taken a lot of action because of the stranger things leaks 

What action? I’m not saying you guys are wrong but I have never actually heard of any consequences happening after leaks like this, even when everyone freaks out and says the situation is really bad

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It is indeed well designed. Problem is, literally nobody wanted to have something like this

I don't think anyone wanted the giant hulkbuster, tumbler, or r2d2, but like those sets I think it's going to be more of a collectible for casual fans who'd want a more mature display. At least it's clear they've got Jurassic Park in mind.

Probably just going to buy the Malcolm, Arnold, Hammond and Nedry figures of Bricklink. The set itself is very cool but I honestly don't know what to do with it

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably just going to buy the Malcolm, Arnold, Hammond and Nedry figures of Bricklink. The set itself is very cool but I honestly don't know what to do with it

Agreed. I actually do like it, but it doesn’t fit the style of sets I like to collect and display

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Literally 10,000 people wanted to have something like this.

Just saw the set.  Not terrible by any means, but still disappointing.  I feel like set would have my complete support if it had either the explorer or the Jeep.

Nonetheless, the set just feels kinda empty, and Lego definitely made some surprising choices.

I was waiting for this reveal to decide whether to buy the Jurassic D2C or Stranger Things D2C.  Looks like I’m going for Stranger things...

Just now, tafkatb said:

Literally 10,000 people wanted to have something like this.

My bad. I didn't mean nobody wanted this as a set, I meant nobody wanted this as THE D2C set. Sorry if that was unclear

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Several years ago, a few projects by Senteosan got 10,000 votes on Ideas, including this one:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e4ffedab-7e33-40e3-a579-f61cc8a0c5ee

So Ideas shows that there is (or was) a demand for large brick-built dinosaurs in the context of Jurassic Park, but Senteosan's models were smaller, and they included the Ford Explorer too.  I think I'd buy Senteosan's Ideas model, but the JP Rex and Gate to be released doesn't speak to me without the car.  Plus, the dino is too big to be very playable, and what's the point of a dinosaur that can't stomp around and eat people?

Also, the rooms on the back don't really make sense.

We have the following rooms/displays:

- Bunker / Malcolm

- Maintenance shed / Ellie

- Control room / Arnold

- Restaurant / Hammond

- Mud hill with Barbasol can / Nedry

- Toilet

- Empty

- Raptor nest with broken eggshells / Alan

I can understand the empty spot but why include a toilet display if the set doesn't come with Genarro?

Just now, icm said:

Several years ago, a few projects by Senteosan got 10,000 votes on Ideas, including this one:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e4ffedab-7e33-40e3-a579-f61cc8a0c5ee

So Ideas shows that there is (or was) a demand for large brick-built dinosaurs in the context of Jurassic Park, but Senteosan's models were smaller, and they included the Ford Explorer too.  I think I'd buy Senteosan's Ideas model, but the JP Rex and Gate to be released doesn't speak to me without the car.  Plus, the dino is too big to be very playable, and what's the point of a dinosaur that can't stomp around and eat people?

Just commented on this :wink: Slightly above this post

So... Is this for real? This is what the Jurassic Park D2C actually is? 

JP is my favourite film of all time. Just yesterday, I was thinking they’d need to do something very, very weird for me to not buy this day one. 

I was totally expecting them to go for the Batman 1966 Batcave approach. Include one or two vehicles and amazing figures with an iconic location. Looks like the figures are wonderful indeed, but the rest is blindsiding me completely. I have no idea where this came from, if it’s real (but then, why wouldn’t it be). It’s a great brickbuilt dinosaur, absolutely, but it’s so incredibly far from what I was expecting... 

Just now, Mr Spielbrick said:

JP is my favourite film of all time. Just yesterday, I was thinking they’d need to do something very, very weird for me to not buy this day one. 

I was totally expecting them to go for the Batman 1966 Batcave approach. Include one or two vehicles and amazing figures with an iconic location. Looks like the figures are wonderful indeed, but the rest is blindsiding me completely. I have no idea where this came from, if it’s real (but then, why wouldn’t it be). It’s a great brickbuilt dinosaur, absolutely, but it’s so incredibly far from what I was expecting... 

Yup, its real. As for "I was thinking they’d need to do something very, very weird for me to not buy this day one", I thought the exact same thing. But I guess reality can often be disappointing

Just now, Mr Spielbrick said:

I agree with you that it's not what I expected, but I still think it's an amazing set that I'll buy day one. Jurassic Park is also my favorite film of all time and I was personally hoping for the Visitors Center, but just because it's a different approach doesn't mean it's not incredible

All I’m saying is that a Jeep or Explorer would’ve gone a long way, and might have actually motivated me to fork over the $200 or so to get this set.

Just now, Portal Out said:

All I’m saying is that a Jeep or Explorer would’ve gone a long way, and might have actually motivated me to fork over the $200 or so to get this set.

I can totally see why they skipped it though. Look at the base of the gate, you can see the tracks of the Ford in the mud. There's about 7 studs of space between the tracks. The gate is about 2x to 3x the size it is compared in the film to minifigs. Either we would've had a gigantic car that doesn't work with figures at all or a minifig scale car that would look tiny compared to the gate and Rex (and you know there would be people complaining about that)

You can easily find it if you go on IG lego leaks and then look at the most recent posts. 

I like the gate, but the rest is meh. 

The set doesn't look bad, but I won't be buying it, which saves me money for other sets.

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also, the rooms on the back don't really make sense.

We have the following rooms/displays:

- Bunker / Malcolm

- Maintenance shed / Ellie

- Control room / Arnold

- Restaurant / Hammond

- Mud hill with Barbasol can / Nedry

- Toilet

- Empty

- Raptor nest with broken eggshells / Alan

I can understand the empty spot but why include a toilet display if the set doesn't come with Genarro?

Just commented on this :wink: Slightly above this post

Woah where are we seeing these? I love little displays like that, I might have more than the figures to go after now, though I think the toilet could be a sign of next year’s wave.

Well... this is a surprise, to be sure. I feel almost that if the Visitor Center wasn't hyped up and rumored heavily, I would have appreciated this set more. It's a really cool build and something entirely unique from not just the theme but from Lego in general, and I will be definitely getting it on day one, but I can't help but imagine what could have been. Regardless, it seems that Lego is invested in this theme and willing to experiment with it, which is always good.

Well, it really is disappointing compared to the expectations I had (Jeep and Ford Explorer!!!), and it may not be a day one buy now. It also does not look like a 250€ set (I think that was the rumoured price) at first sight, not knowing how the back is looking, so I will wait at least until a double VIP point offer.

The only advantage I see at the moment is that it will be easier to display than a visitor center.

Edited by brickonski

I’m disappointed. Both builds look very well designed and I actually like the gate a lot, but I didn’t want this as the big D2C Jurassic set. This was going to be a day one purchase and now it’s the first D2C I’ve saved up for that I’m considering skipping. It doesn’t look like a $250 set, more like $200-230 for me. I’ll probably still get it but not for $250 unless there’s a good freebie with it. I don’t like brick built dinosaurs and I think they should’ve made a minifigure compatible playset, or at least include the cars in a larger scale. 

I’m disappointed. Both builds look very well designed and I actually like the gate a lot, but I didn’t want this as the big D2C Jurassic set. This was going to be a day one purchase and now it’s the first D2C I’ve saved up for that I’m considering skipping. It doesn’t look like a $250 set, more like $200-230 for me. I’ll probably still get it but not for $250 unless there’s a good freebie with it. I don’t like brick built dinosaurs and I think they should’ve made a minifigure compatible playset, or at least include the cars in a larger scale.