Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

4 hours ago, Legomister said:

Here the new Jurassic world summers sets 2019

New jurassic word 2019 sets

Even though most of these sets are pretty good and have nice figs and dinos, I still feel like this whole sub-theme is a bit of a wasted opportunity.  Just imagine if they used the time and budget from these four sets towards four sets from the original trilogy.  It’s not that these sets are inherently bad, I just thing that many people would be happier if they’d chose to go a different route with them.

53 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Even though most of these sets are pretty good and have nice figs and dinos, I still feel like this whole sub-theme is a bit of a wasted opportunity.  Just imagine if they used the time and budget from these four sets towards four sets from the original trilogy.  It’s not that these sets are inherently bad, I just thing that many people would be happier if they’d chose to go a different route with them.

This sub theme makes the most sense for them.. they still get the dinos out and they don't have to pay the same licensing fees for using sets directly correlated to the movies.  Their main market wouldn't be the older nostalgic fans of the original movie. Rather the kids.    They're not totally ignoring them, though.  Hence why they're releasing a D2C

14 hours ago, Portal Out said:

I completely understand why lego is doing this, but I'm personally not happy with it. I'll probably buy Owen, Claire and the Raptors from the Mech set of Bricklink and maybe the Baryonyx set when its on clearance. Definetely not going to pay full price for any of these though, not interesting enough

I’m actually glad there’s only five sets to worry about this time. It was a smart move to release a smaller, more affordable JP set among the seven other JW sets. It also gave LEGO a better idea if it would sell well, which it apparently did.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

So let me ask you guys this: Do you think we’ll ever get the Ford Explorer from Jurassic Park as a set? It’s really the only Jurassic Park set I’d care about. Part of me thinks it’s a huge possibility because of the interest shown in the Lego Ideas. Part of me thinks no because we haven’t gotten it yet. I ask because brickdesigners.com has a pretty good design of the Ford Explorer but I don’t want to put a large amount down on it if we’re going to get an official set someday.

What do you guys think?

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

So let me ask you guys this: Do you think we’ll ever get the Ford Explorer from Jurassic Park as a set? It’s really the only Jurassic Park set I’d care about. Part of me thinks it’s a huge possibility because of the interest shown in the Lego Ideas. Part of me thinks no because we haven’t gotten it yet. I ask because brickdesigners.com has a pretty good design of the Ford Explorer but I don’t want to put a large amount down on it if we’re going to get an official set someday.

What do you guys think?

I heavily suspect we'll get one soon. Between there being a classic set unrevealed and the dino mech being colored like the Explorer, I really suspect we'll see one this year.

14 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

What do you guys think?

I doubt LEGO won’t do it unless the theme totally fails before we can get the most iconic Jurassic vehicle. Besides, they straight up made the mech in its color scheme, they’re not dumb. Just watch, they have a strategy to ride out the demand in order to get our money:

The control room was an affordable set with three recognizable scenes and the main cast.

This upcoming d2c presumed to be the visitor center will be larger and more detailed while rounding out the rest of the characters.

Then, a T. Rex breakout set, with mainly rereleased figures, would be a case of the builds being the selling point, as it can stand on its own as shown in this ideas set. Get rid of the gates and the road and I think that’s what we’d get.

36037041080_b69970efb8_b.jpg

23 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I doubt LEGO won’t do it unless the theme totally fails before we can get the most iconic Jurassic vehicle. Besides, they straight up made the mech in its color scheme, they’re not dumb. Just watch, they have a strategy to ride out the demand in order to get our money:

The control room was an affordable set with three recognizable scenes and the main cast.

This upcoming d2c presumed to be the visitor center will be larger and more detailed while rounding out the rest of the characters.

Then, a T. Rex breakout set, with mainly rereleased figures, would be a case of the builds being the selling point, as it can stand on its own as shown in this ideas set. Get rid of the gates and the road and I think that’s what we’d get.

36037041080_b69970efb8_b.jpg

I’d be crazy excited if we got a set similar to this one. All right, I’ll wait it out a little longer. You guys have convinced me. :)

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I completely understand why lego is doing this, but I'm personally not happy with it. I'll probably buy Owen, Claire and the Raptors from the Mech set of Bricklink and maybe the Baryonyx set when its on clearance. Definetely not going to pay full price for any of these though, not interesting enough

hehe I can get the dino mech and triceratops escape for free , as I will have over £1600 to spend on the lego summer sets and I have loyalty card from my local LEGOLAND discovery centre store that gives my 10 percent off everytime

I find the fact that the 75932 has 3 modular sections all from visitors center (control room, kitchen & embro storage) that easily detach very interesting. It is also interesting to compare the colours scheme chosen & bricks used to join sections in 75932 to the LEGO ideas visitors center?

On 4/28/2019 at 4:46 AM, harvey lego creations said:

I find the fact that the 75932 has 3 modular sections all from visitors center (control room, kitchen & embro storage) that easily detach very interesting. It is also interesting to compare the colours scheme chosen & bricks used to join sections in 75932 to the LEGO ideas visitors center?

I know where you're coming from but I'm almost 100% sure that 75932 will NOT connect to the D2C. If you're paying $250 for a Jurassic Park set, you can't be expected to buy another $40 set to complete the interior of the build. In addition to that, it would be very challenging to connect the existing set with the new one, leaving a weird looking gap in the build if you don't have it installed. Just look at the walls and how hard it would be to build something around it

Edited by Puresh

Looking at all of the past D2C sets I'm kinda noticing a trend, most sets (excluding microscale and large vehicle based sets) consist of a big build with sometimes a small vehicle (which is a car most of the times). If we're guessing what the D2C will be by this ''trend'' alone a Visitor Center with Nedry's Jeep is very plausable. Don't forget the LEGO Ideas project from sometime ago already had 2623 pieces which is pretty similair to the piece count of the set.

Besides that I really think the people hoping/guessing the D2C set will be a ''park tour'' set are underestimating how quickly you've reached the ~2300 piece limit.

But I guess we'll see soon, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Do we even have a rumored releasedate yet?

I think people want 4 things:

Gates, Explorer, Jeep, and the Visitor Center.  Now, there are other things like fences, etc that people want, but those are the big 4 I’d say.  How many can realistically be done well in one set is the question.  Just the very (presumed) existence of one JP D2C makes me hopeful they’ll do it right and give us a second one since we know the first will sell just fine.  My personal wishes would be for the gates and the explorers, but based on the leaked parts, this set seems likely to be the Jeep and visitor center only.

5 hours ago, Supervir2 said:

Gates, Explorer, Jeep, and the Visitor Center.  Now, there are other things like fences, etc that people want, but those are the big 4 I’d say.  How many can realistically be done well in one set is the question.  Just the very (presumed) existence of one JP D2C makes me hopeful they’ll do it right and give us a second one since we know the first will sell just fine.  My personal wishes would be for the gates and the explorers, but based on the leaked parts, this set seems likely to be the Jeep and visitor center only.

Agreed. I would love that Lego Ideas set that was mentioned above. I know it’s probably not going to happen because of the leaked minifigures we’ve already seen but I’m hopeful we get the Explorer someday.

As for what I do not want, I do not want a Visitor’s Center with micro minifigs and the minifigs we’ve seen as a display (like the Hogwarts Castle set - 71043). That’s just my personal preference.

10 hours ago, Supervir2 said:

Getting the VC and a jeep as the D2C would be the best option. There are tons of more sets the Explorers and Gate could be included in (if they continue making JP sets that is, instead of that weird non-canon stuff we're getting now)

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Getting the VC and a jeep as the D2C would be the best option. There are tons of more sets the Explorers and Gate could be included in (if they continue making JP sets that is, instead of that weird non-canon stuff we're getting now)

I disagree, it looks like this is gonna be the only JP set. I’d rather they just give us everything now than waiting a few more years. And the visitor centre is at the bottom of my list. The gates and tour cars please

16 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I disagree, it looks like this is gonna be the only JP set. I’d rather they just give us everything now than waiting a few more years. And the visitor centre is at the bottom of my list. The gates and tour cars please

I guess we'll see what it is soon enough, though I'm already 99% I'm buying it. Lego would need to screw up really really bad for me to not buy this D2C :laugh_hard:

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do we even have a rumored releasedate yet?

I'm just hoping it'll be before september. I have two weeks of house sitting planned in august and it would be so great if this were to be the set I'd get to build. Of course there are alternatives (Stranger Things and possibly Ideas Treehouse) but Jurassic Park was one of the biggest parts of my childhood. There's no chance I'm missing on this set.

On 5/3/2019 at 11:34 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Besides that I really think the people hoping/guessing the D2C set will be a ''park tour'' set are underestimating how quickly you've reached the ~2300 piece limit. 

Where did you get that number from? I agree that a huge "park tour" set wouldn't work without at least 5.000 - 6.000 pieces but we know for a fact the D2C we're getting is 3120 pieces. Multiple sites have confirmed that. My best guess on why the price to part ratio is as good as it is is because the Rex will be brick built, thus increasing the part count of the set more than a molded one will. That's just speculation on my part though. 

Edited by Puresh

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

Where did you get that number from? I agree that a huge "park tour" set wouldn't work without at least 5.000 - 6.000 pieces but we know for a fact the D2C we're getting is 3120 pieces. Multiple sites have confirmed that. My best guess on why the price to part ratio is as good as it is is because the Rex will be brick built, thus increasing the part count of the set more than a molded one will. That's just speculation on my part though. 

Didn't remember what the exact number was but I knew it was around 3200. But I guess I switched the numbers around :wall:

I’m assuming that the D2C will release alongside the general retail sets but I don’t know when those are coming out either. I thought it was June but the press release says “this fall”. I don’t think Lego often does multiple D2C sets in one month unless it’s one licensed set and a Creator Expert set. June is Stranger Things, August is DC, September is Disney, October will be Star Wars. So will the Jurassic D2C be a July release? 

Yeah, I'm unsure when the wave is supposed to hit. Honestly I wish they would finally do away with these different release windows for different regions. After all, if they're doing away with region exclusives, might as well tackle that pesky regional release date too.

13 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m assuming that the D2C will release alongside the general retail sets but I don’t know when those are coming out either. I thought it was June but the press release says “this fall”. I don’t think Lego often does multiple D2C sets in one month unless it’s one licensed set and a Creator Expert set. June is Stranger Things, August is DC, September is Disney, October will be Star Wars. So will the Jurassic D2C be a July release? 

Everything I've seen and read so far suggests a June 1st releasedate for the normal sets. The Stranger things sets has a VIP-early acces mid-may and a normal release on June 1st, maybe they're doing a VIP-early acces in mid-june with the normal release being July 1st?

Edited by Guyon2002

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I thought it was June but the press release says “this fall”.

The press release states the minifigures are new for June, I think that should settle the matter

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

June is Stranger Things, August is DC, September is Disney, October will be Star Wars. So will the Jurassic D2C be a July release?  

Makes sense to me, if the D2C Batmobile is confirmed for August. If that's the case, what a streak! Kinda weird though, It'd make a bit more sense to release JP in June along with other sets and have Stranger Things in July, closer to the third season's premiere