Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 minute ago, strangely said:

It's a MOC.

That's disappointing.

I would’ve been disappointed if that was the actual set.

I wonder how many rooms we’d get out of the visitor center. The main hall with fossils, the hatchery, and dining area are all I can think of that’s left.

2 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I would’ve been disappointed if that was the actual set.

I agree, that looks terrible :roflmao: :roflmao: (no offense to who made that but it doesn't look like a 3120 piece Lego D2C, more like a MOC of Lockwood Manor)

22 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I agree, that looks terrible :roflmao: :roflmao: (no offense to who made that but it doesn't look like a 3120 piece Lego D2C, more like a MOC of Lockwood Manor)

Its the alternative build made by BrickBrosUK, this guy just goes around telling people its his build but its not. 

Oh man, that looks awesome! It's a shame I've already put up Lockwood Estate in its normal configuration as a major landmark in my city (I'm using it as a university, the Lockwood Institution of Experimental Sciences) or I'd totally build and display that!

The centre part at least, less sold on the 'fence'.

I took the leaked images of Nedry and Ian and sketched their torsos and face prints onto a figure template and added the hairpieces. I was trying to see how they would look assembled. I'm pretty sure that would also count as a leak on here so you'll have to look for it on Instagram. Just search for #legoleaks and scroll down a bit. I hope this doesn't count as some sort of self-advertising, I honestly have never posted anything else beforehand and I really couldn't care less about subscribers or likes on my stuff. I made this for you guys :wink:

20 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I took the leaked images of Nedry and Ian and sketched their torsos and face prints onto a figure template and added the hairpieces. I was trying to see how they would look assembled. I'm pretty sure that would also count as a leak on here so you'll have to look for it on Instagram. Just search for #legoleaks and scroll down a bit. I hope this doesn't count as some sort of self-advertising, I honestly have never posted anything else beforehand and I really couldn't care less about subscribers or likes on my stuff. I made this for you guys :wink:

Malcolm looks exactly like I imagined him, Nedry's legs will definetely not be yellow (they're more of a grey/tan). I'm also not a big fan of the Finn hairpiece for Nedry but I don't know what hairpiece would work better

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Malcolm looks exactly like I imagined him, Nedry's legs will definetely not be yellow (they're more of a grey/tan). I'm also not a big fan of the Finn hairpiece for Nedry but I don't know what hairpiece would work better

Oh yeah, you're right. I should've made the legs dark tan. That was a little oversight by me!

I am, however, almost certain Nedry will use the Finn hairpiece. The "Danny Nedermeyer" figure from the new wave also used it. The piece they used in the game sadly doesn't exist as far as I know

7 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Oh yeah, you're right. I should've made the legs dark tan. That was a little oversight by me!

I am, however, almost certain Nedry will use the Finn hairpiece. The "Danny Nedermeyer" figure from the new wave also used it. The piece they used in the game sadly doesn't exist as far as I know

How certain you are? Would bet your Harley Quinn collection for that?

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

How certain you are? Would bet your Harley Quinn collection for that?

I can bet my Juniors figure. The SS ones are too precious for me :wink:

3 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I can bet my Juniors figure. The SS ones are too precious for me :wink:

Hahahaha, ok then I trust you! I kid I kid, I know every Harley is precious to you just like Spidey to me. 

24 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Alright, updated Nedry with the right legs should be up now :classic:

Looks a lot better, now lets just hope lego is generous enough the give legprinting were necessary

Am I the only one who thinks a brick built Rex might have a pretty good chance to be in the D2C? It's aimed more at adults anyways, and AFOLs have been asking for less specific molds and more brick build dinosaurs for years now. Heck, two Ideas projects of a brick built dino have achieved 10.000 supporters already. Of course it would be much smaller than those, but it could also explain the extremely low price / part ratio the set has in addition to the bigger appeal to adults

42 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Am I the only one who thinks a brick built Rex might have a pretty good chance to be in the D2C? It's aimed more at adults anyways, and AFOLs have been asking for less specific molds and more brick build dinosaurs for years now. Heck, two Ideas projects of a brick built dino have achieved 10.000 supporters already. Of course it would be much smaller than those, but it could also explain the extremely low price / part ratio the set has in addition to the bigger appeal to adults

I'm definetely on ''team brickbuilt'', the molded ones look great but they're very limited and almost Playmobil

I know my opinion on this is unpopular, but I have to say I very much prefer molded creatures and animals. I understand the argument of “it doesn’t really feel like Lego” but I think they just look so much better molded. Brick built creatures tend not to look organic enough. For example, I preferred the Castle dragons over the Vikings dragons (even though those were classic and that theme was fantastic). I really like how realistic they can make the Dino molds. But I would definitely love the T-Rex skeleton, that would be awesome

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I know my opinion on this is unpopular, but I have to say I very much prefer molded creatures and animals. I understand the argument of “it doesn’t really feel like Lego” but I think they just look so much better molded. Brick built creatures tend not to look organic enough. For example, I preferred the Castle dragons over the Vikings dragons (even though those were classic and that theme was fantastic). I really like how realistic they can make the Dino molds. But I would definitely love the T-Rex skeleton, that would be awesome

Best things about brickbuilt creatures and animals is how they don't have the limited posability the molded ones have and an incredibly lower price than a mold.

I don't even feel the slightest regret in saying the Jurassic sets are disgustingly expensive because of the molds. Especially considering the molds aren't accurate 99% of the time, inaccurate size to the in-universe creatures, inappropriate reuse of older pieces like the Indo-legs for Bary and the enormously oversized Carno.

Its stuff like this that makes me glad rumors are pointing to the D2C being a figure+build focused set!

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Its stuff like this that makes me glad rumors are pointing to the D2C being a figure+build focused set!

Oh, please don't consider it as a rumor, I'm just guessing what could lead to the low price / part ratio :wink:

8 hours ago, Puresh said:

Oh, please don't consider it as a rumor, I'm just guessing what could lead to the low price / part ratio :wink:

The price and piece count are rumors too, everything's a rumor as long as lego hasn't confirmed anything (or if we've seen a leaked image ofcourse). So technically these rumors are pointing at a figure+build focused set

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I feel the same. Everytime I see a creature made with bricks (even when I build them) I can't stop thinking that it's an animal build with parts from a car or a robot.

But it depends on the animals. I don't have any problems with animals like hermit crabs or tortoises.  About the JP, I already have all JP dinosaurs, so having a brick-built T-Rex can be cool.

Edited by hachiroku

Dino molds for me! Brick-built animals look ugly to me unless they are very large, which makes their scale an issue. But to each his own of course.

Just a heads up; the instagram hashtags are being missused and people are posting Avengers: Endgame Spoilers including leaked scenes.

So you might wanna stay clear of looking for LEGO leaks if you intend on seeing the movie spoiler free.

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

Just a heads up; the instagram hashtags are being missused and people are posting Avengers: Endgame Spoilers including leaked scenes.

So you might wanna stay clear of looking for LEGO leaks if you intend on seeing the movie spoiler free.

Thanks for the heads up!