Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

We’re assuming these leaked figures are from the D2C, correct? And not from other sets? Confirming the D2C is in fact from the original Jurassic Park (which we all guessed anyway). If it is the visitor center then I hope you can somehow connect the Velociraptor Chase set to it. But I honestly hope it’s just a big vague Jurassic Park (the park itself) with several enclosures, scenes, and dinosaurs from the film, including part of the visitor center and the jeep and maybe one or both of the green tour vehicles. I also hope it includes additional prominent figures like Muldoon and Gennaro, maybe even an alternate variant of the characters we got in Velociraptor Chase. Ideally there should be at least two new Dino moulds (in addition to a handful of existing ones) not including the baby Dilophosaurus (my hopes are brachiosaurus and ankylosaurus, although I wouldn’t say no to a parasaurolophus). I know that’s probably expecting way too much but it really shouldn’t be if you ask me.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I'm simply blown away, I was ready to abandon any hope for this set to be actually based on JP and all of a sudden these heads and torsos have appeared. And they look great! No more dreams and speculations, true LEGO Jurassic Park (not just one scene) is finally coming! :cry_happy:

3120 pieces for €250 though, still sounds way too good to be true. I can't shake the feeling one of those numbers is simply false, but boy do I wish to be proven wrong.

The leaked figures look great so far. Nice that we're getting most of the characters from the film. I'm really interested in seeing the set itself though. Having confirmation that it will indeed be based on the first film has really raised my anticipation for it!

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We’re assuming these leaked figures are from the D2C, correct? And not from other sets? Confirming the D2C is in fact from the original Jurassic Park (which we all guessed anyway). If it is the visitor center then I hope you can somehow connect the Velociraptor Chase set to it. But I honestly hope it’s just a big vague Jurassic Park (the park itself) with several enclosures, scenes, and dinosaurs from the film, including part of the visitor center and the jeep and maybe one or both of the green tour vehicles. I also hope it includes additional prominent figures like Muldoon and Gennaro, maybe even an alternate variant of the characters we got in Velociraptor Chase. Ideally there should be at least two new Dino moulds (in addition to a handful of existing ones) not including the baby Dilophosaurus (my hopes are brachiosaurus and ankylosaurus, although I wouldn’t say no to a parasaurolophus). I know that’s probably expecting way too much but it really shouldn’t be if you ask me.

If you're expecting new dino moulds you will most likely be disappointed

8 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

I'm simply blown away, I was ready to abandon any hope for this set to be actually based on JP and all of a sudden these heads and torsos have appeared. And they look great! No more dreams and speculations, true LEGO Jurassic Park (not just one scene) is finally coming! :cry_happy:

3120 pieces for €250 though, still sounds way too good to be true. I can't shake the feeling one of those numbers is simply false, but boy do I wish to be proven wrong.

I'm still thinking its either 2120 for 250$ or 3120 for 350$, would make much more sense since this is a licensed theme

I guess this is the year of Sam Jackson. I’m so excited to see even just parts of these characters in physical form, I can’t wait to see what else we’re getting. Muldoon is a must if they’re including Arnold, I’d say Gennaro too unless they do a T. rex breakout another time.

I’d like Wu and Gerry but I can see them being skipped. I noticed Malcolm’s face looks exactly like Jeff’s marvel character rather than the bricktober version.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

What if its a microscale version of the park like hogwarts and these characters are 4 exclusives like the origanal founders 

it could be built up on a base like apocolisberg and feature mini dinos (like the baby raptors) and lots of locations discovery centre, main gate etc 

5 minutes ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

What if its a microscale version of the park like hogwarts and these characters are 4 exclusives like the origanal founders 

Really hope that’s not the case, but it seems likely from Lego lately. 

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I guess this is the year of Sam Jackson. I’m so excited to see even just parts of these characters in physical form, I can’t wait to see what else we’re getting. Muldoon is a must if they’re including Arnold, I’d say Gennaro too unless they do a T. rex breakout another time.

I’d like Wu and Gerry but I can see them being skipped. I noticed Malcolm’s face looks exactly like Jeff’s marvel character rather than the bricktober version.

I'm pretty certain we'll get at least Alan, Ellie, Tim, Lex, Genarro and Muldoon besides the leaked figures. I really don't see us getting Harding in this set, Wu would only work if this is indeed the visitor center

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

it could be built up on a base like apocolisberg and feature mini dinos (like the baby raptors) and lots of locations discovery centre, main gate etc 

There wouldn't be enough appeal for that. The reason Hogwarts was made in nanoscale was mostly just so people could get a mostly accurate depiction of the castle while not being limited by the size of smaller sets and included playfeatures. Besides that Hogwarts is one of the most iconic buildings in movie history, Jurassic Park is definetely iconic but aside from the main gate none of the buildings/structures really stand out.

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

iconic but aside from the main gate none of the buildings/structures really stand out.

I respectfully disagree

theres the discovery centre that leads to the spine chilling kitchen scene and big t-rex finalie, the water slide/flood area that becomes the final resting place of Dennis, the fence way of the t-rex with the cars, the stampede field throw in some easter eggs from the other two films and thats a nice looking D2C 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm still thinking its either 2120 for 250$ or 3120 for 350$, would make much more sense since this is a licensed theme

Ditto. I mean, it's a better option than it being

53 minutes ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

a microscale version of the park like hogwarts and these characters are 4 exclusives like the origanal founders 

I'm not entirely against microscale in general, in some cases like Hogwarts it makes some sort of sense. But really a JP set without a dinosaur would be simply... lame. I hope LEGO understands that and they didn't cheap out. Luckily, the leaked heads do suggest they didn't, especially Nedry's venom covered side, which makes dilophosaurus' presence a very strong possibility. If the dilo's in the set, it stands to reason to also expect more prominent dinosaurs, especially the T-rex, and maybe triceratops too, if we're lucky. Raptors could be ommited if the set is centered around the Nedry's sabotage and rexy's breakout.

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

I respectfully disagree

theres the discovery centre that leads to the spine chilling kitchen scene and big t-rex finalie, the water slide/flood area that becomes the final resting place of Dennis, the fence way of the t-rex with the cars, the stampede field throw in some easter eggs from the other two films and thats a nice looking D2C 

You might wanna reread what I said. The only truly iconic building/structure (exterior look) in the film is the gate, and an iconic structure isn't the same as an iconic room/scene. If you'd print out a couple of pictures of buildings/structures featured in popular movies and you'd show them to random people most people wouldn't recognize anything from JP asides from its gate and maybe (and that's a big maybe) the VC, show someone Hogwarts or the Death Star and they instantly know what franchise its from.

Besides that there really isn't need to make a nanoscale JP set, as none of the buildings in the series are so big to require that scale

I just feel like without any new Dino moulds, what’s the point? It’ll hold no appeal for me if it’s lacking Dinos. At that point I’ll just buy the figures on the secondary market and save a ton of money

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I just feel like without any new Dino moulds, what’s the point? It’ll hold no appeal for me if it’s lacking Dinos. At that point I’ll just buy the figures on the secondary market and save a ton of money

It would completely depend on whats included for me. I'm more likely to skip this set if it includes yet another T-Rex, we already have tons of them and they just drive up the price like crazy. 

In the end I'd be more interested in a good build than a new dinosaur. I get the dinosaurs are the main sellingpoint of this theme but in my opinion its also its weakest point

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This set is not focused on the dinosaurs as much as the regular playsets, this is going to be a collector's item for fans of the original movie. The Visitors Center is probably going to be a huge structure and the exclusive figures like sexy Ian also add collectability to it.

I'm almost certain the baby Dilophosaurus mold was created for this set alone, but we just saw pictures of the smaller sets earlier. Other than that, the first movie mainly featured the T.Rex and Raptors, which we already have molds of.

I personally care the most about finally getting all of these characters in Lego form, in addition to a huge build from the original movie. The dinosaurs are just a bonus for me, since we already have the original Raptor and three different variants of Roberta

Edited by Puresh

Just now, Puresh said:

This set is not focused on the dinosaurs as much as the regular playsets, this is going to be a collector's item for fans of the original movie. The Visitors Center is probably going to be a huge structure and the exclusive figures like sexy Ian also add collectability to it.

I'm almost certain the baby Dilophosaurus mold was created for this set alone, but we just saw pictures of the smaller sets earlier. Other than that, the first movie mainly featured the T.Rex and Raptors, which we already have molds of

Exactly, when it comes to dinosaurs I truly expect nothing more than one (or two) baby Raptors and Spitter. And I'd be completely fine with that, I'm good on Rex's and Raptors

I hope we at least get a brachiosaurus, it’s too iconic to the film to ignore it. I doubt it’ll happen though. Three Dino’s they need to make before this theme ends are Brachiosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaur. Next three would be Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Stegosaurus. The last three are doubtful tonever happen. But the first three are too iconic to the franchise to just never put into a set

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I hope we at least get a brachiosaurus, it’s too iconic to the film to ignore it. I doubt it’ll happen though. Three Dino’s they need to make before this theme ends are Brachiosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaur. Next three would be Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Stegosaurus. The last three are doubtful tonever happen. But the first three are too iconic to the franchise to just never put into a set

I think it's highly unlikely we'll ever get more than one or two of those - and even then, probably only in a third our fourth wave. 

You really shouldn't get your expectations up over the D2C, it's about the figures and build, not new dinosaur molds. Don't expect anything more than a recolour or two

Edited by Puresh

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thats just being incredibly unrealistic and you know it :wink:

The Brachiosaurus and Mosasaurus will never happen unless they're brickbuilt, the Spinosaurus could easily be made by adding a spine to the Baryony. Anky, Para and Stego could very well happen but not anytime soon. 

But let's just hope we'll get a proper Jurassic wave next year, not the ''crap'' we're getting now 

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thats just being incredibly unrealistic and you know it :wink:

The Brachiosaurus and Mosasaurus will never happen unless they're brickbuilt, the Spinosaurus could easily be made by adding a spine to the Baryony. Anky, Para and Stego could very well happen but not anytime soon. 

But let's just hope we'll get a proper Jurassic wave next year, not the ''crap'' we're getting now 

I think they could mould a brachiosaurus and a mosasaur, they don’t have to be to scale by any means. I don’t think it’s unrealistic at all. I wouldn’t expect them all in one wave, that’s why I said by the time the theme ends. Each wave introduces one or two new Dino moulds so I think it could happen over time. Lego knows that dinosaurs are the main draw of Jurassic Park sets

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Brachiosaurus and Mosasaurus are very doable. The Brachiosaurus would work at the same size as Smaug if they were willing to make the new molds, and same for the Mosasaurus but make it roughly the same size as the T. rex. None of the dinosaurs are to scale anyway. The only thing holding Lego back from making these guys is that they’d require completely new sets of molds unlike species like the Baryonyx. 

A picture of a Visitor's centre and tour vehicle have emerged on IG, though I am unsure if it is real or a MOC.

33 minutes ago, CFOL said:

A picture of a Visitor's centre and tour vehicle have emerged on IG, though I am unsure if it is real or a MOC.

Which account?

Just now, strangely said:

Which account?

@harveys.lego.creations was the account that posted it.