Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

9 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

We should expect a reveal of the d2c next month right? Like last year, the Velociraptor escape and Dilophosaurus Outpost sets were revealed before the entire wave released that same month in April.

We only know the d2c exists, the price and the piece count. For all we know it could come out in december, though I'd expect it to release alongside the other sets in june

So we're ofcourse all expecting/hoping the D2C will be the Jurassic Park Visitor Center. But I was just wondering, if it turns out to be the Jurassic World Innovation Center would any of you spend 250$ on it? I personally wouldn't as I've never been a huge fan of the design and its just way too high to fit anywhere in my room, the Visitor Center on the other hand is mostly large in base but not in height and therefore fits perfectly. I'm also a much bigger fan of the OG films than the new ones, which is an opinion I think a lot you have too

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So we're ofcourse all expecting/hoping the D2C will be the Jurassic Park Visitor Center. But I was just wondering, if it turns out to be the Jurassic World Innovation Center would any of you spend 250$ on it? I personally wouldn't as I've never been a huge fan of the design and its just way too high to fit anywhere in my room, the Visitor Center on the other hand is mostly large in base but not in height and therefore fits perfectly. I'm also a much bigger fan of the OG films than the new ones, which is an opinion I think a lot you have too

It would all deped on how it turns out. Simply, if I like it, then I'll buy it, if not, then I'll put my money elsewhere.

Although I would greatly prefer the Jurassic Park Version, rather than the one from Jurassic world.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Most likely since I’m a fan of all the films, but that’d depend on how they pull it off. It’d have to be very justified at that price, like I wanted the Lockwood Estate set but since it’s underwhelming for $130 I just bought it recently because it was half off.

Its just I can’t really think much of what the interior would have that LEGO can sell people on other than the holograms and informational walls. If anything, I think it’d have to be a part of a modular Main Street, because this ideas set actually looks like something I’d want.

2353032-o_1ad0u8sq01ens1t7lvlr1l161c08p-

Just add another building or two and this could be like the diagon alley of this series.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

8 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Most likely since I’m a fan of all the films, but that’d depend on how they pull it off. It’d have to be very justified at that price, like I wanted the Lockwood Estate set but since it’s underwhelming for $130 I just bought it recently because it was half off.

Its just I can’t really think much of what the interior would have that LEGO can sell people on other than the holograms and informational walls. If anything, I think it’d have to be a part of a modular Main Street, because this ideas set actually looks like something I’d want.

Just add another building or two and this could be like the diagon alley of this series.

That would be very cool! Though I don't think it would have enough general appeal for lego to do it

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably not.  There's nothing about the new series that really connects with me that I'd want to 1) spend that money, or 2) have on a shelf somewhere.  Now if it's the original Jurassic Park, I'll probably spend the money.

2 hours ago, Chill said:

There's nothing about the new series that really connects with me that I'd want to 1) spend that money, or 2) have on a shelf somewhere.  Now if it's the original Jurassic Park, I'll probably spend the money.

I have the same problem, I like the new figures and some of the builds (even the robot) but they just don't fit in with anything. They're so incredibly random!

There's a minifigure of the bronze John Hammond statue from the Jurassic World Innovation Center on Instagram, so I guess that's the D2C set.

Edited by Rune Haako

48 minutes ago, Rune Haako said:

There's a minifigure of the bronze John Hammond statue from the Jurassic World Innovation Center on Instagram, so I guess that's the D2C set.

Which leaker? Or is this just another lame april fools joke?

lego needs to reveal it soon along with the Disney d2c set that way I can choose which to go for first

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:58 AM, Guyon2002 said:

We only know the d2c exists, the price and the piece count. For all we know it could come out in december, though I'd expect it to release alongside the other sets in june

what is the price and piece count as I didn't know that was revealed

4 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

lego needs to reveal it soon along with the Disney d2c set that way I can choose which to go for first

what is the price and piece count as I didn't know that was revealed

3120 pieces, 249.99 euros I believe

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

3120 pieces, 249.99 euros I believe

Correct

Edited by Guyon2002

13 minutes ago, JadedSpade_ said:

new Jurassic World Minifugres on IG. What do you guys think?

Pretty sure those are the ones that were already revealed at TF

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, its his non-canon cousin: Danny Nedermeyer

Nephew, I thought. But yes.

And I think this is more of a case of "Dennis Nedry? Oh no, that's definitely not Nedry. It's um, it's his nephew . . Danny! Danny . . Neder . . um . . Meyer! Yes, Danny Nedermeyer. Definitely not Nedry. Okay? :wink:"

26 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Nephew, I thought. But yes.

And I think this is more of a case of "Dennis Nedry? Oh no, that's definitely not Nedry. It's um, it's his nephew . . Danny! Danny . . Neder . . um . . Meyer! Yes, Danny Nedermeyer. Definitely not Nedry. Okay? :wink:"

Exactly. Though I do hope lego uses their common sense and release a Nedry very soon. Preferably in the D2C, if its JP themed!

On 3/26/2019 at 10:52 PM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

We should expect a reveal of the d2c next month right? Like last year, the Velociraptor escape and Dilophosaurus Outpost sets were revealed before the entire wave released that same month in April.

I think late May is when we can expect a reveal. We sadly still don't know whether these sets release in June, July or August :sad:

On 12/15/2018 at 10:06 PM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

So the secret exhibit special may have given us a first look at John Hammond.

592F34E8-CC2B-48C3-B5B0-01ECDDDCE6CD.jpeg

I'm really late to this, but I think you might be onto something here. The Baryonyx design was the exact same too. I also think this looks like a figure that fits with Lego's budget for D2C's - dual molded arms but no new mold for the hat seems fitting. 

The face is also incredible for Hammond, such a perfect expression 

Edited by Puresh

On 4/8/2019 at 8:49 AM, Puresh said:

I think late May is when we can expect a reveal. We sadly still don't know whether these sets release in June, July or August :sad:

I'm really late to this, but I think you might be onto something here. The Baryonyx design was the exact same too. I also think this looks like a figure that fits with Lego's budget for D2C's - dual molded arms but no new mold for the hat seems fitting. 

The face is also incredible for Hammond, such a perfect expression 

Are dual mold arms that expensive? I’d think with the white and flesh ones being available in so many sets and cmf figures they’d be cheaper.

I too love how much the face resembles Richard Attenborough, I appreciate how the Jurassic theme gets spot on likenesses for pretty much every main character; only Lex, Tim, Maisie and Mills reuse generic faces.

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Are dual mold arms that expensive? I’d think with the white and flesh ones being available in so many sets and cmf figures they’d be cheaper.

I too love how much the face resembles Richard Attenborough, I appreciate how the Jurassic theme gets spot on likenesses for pretty much every main character; only Lex, Tim, Maisie and Mills reuse generic faces.

I know, I can’t believe Owen got an actual Chris Pratt face and Starlord didn’t

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I know, I can’t believe Owen got an actual Chris Pratt face and Starlord didn’t

That was just laughable

maybe its me being a bit greedy but it would be great if they included some dinosaurs in the d2c

maybe since they just announced that exclusive lego house dino set ,it could mean a d2c announcement is coming very very soon

23 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

maybe its me being a bit greedy but it would be great if they included some dinosaurs in the d2c

maybe since they just announced that exclusive lego house dino set ,it could mean a d2c announcement is coming very very soon

The reveal for that LEGO House exclusive set doesn't have anything to do with the reveal of another set (they never have)