Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I'm probably looking into this too much but the sign in the Triceratops set points to a gift shop, gyrosphere and museum. As we're getting the gift shop this wave and already have the gyrospheres, I think a museum is very likely for a next(?) wave. Maybe its the D2C?

I love the Triceratops set especially the collapsible wall which will look great straddled by a dino.

The shop stand in the smallest set looks fantastic too and will go well with the above set, although the oversized drone is a waste of pieces.

The only decent thing about the largest set is the new T-Rex printing and the 4 baby dinos. The volcano likes awful as does the mech. I guess the boat is OK but not sure why they bothered with a block built version when they already have a mould for this kind of boat.

The Treasure Hunt is nice I guess but I wouldn't exactly call the dino "iconic" and you'd probably need to see the TV show to appreciate some of the characters.

If the D2C set is another JW based set I'll be really disappointed. I'm very happy that we have sets from this world absolutely. But I think JW has been overdone compared to JP, which still has so much ground to cover in terms of both vehicles, sets and minifigs. Doesn't LEGO realise how much people want stuff from the original movie? Or am I completely misinformed? Did the one Jurassic Park set sell that badly?

Been wanting the original JP Jeep for years, as well as minifigs for Hammond, Muldoon, Nedry and Arnold. Happy that we got Grant, Sattler, the kids and Malcolm :-).

Edited by snoozle

1 hour ago, legoboy_4 said:

I can't stop looking at the Raptor legs on the Baryonyx.  Why Lego? :damn:

To reduce costs, thats pretty obvious. And it isn't even that big a deal, I'd rather have this than a more expensive set

Just now, snoozle said:

If the D2C set is another JW based set I'll be really disappointed. I'm very happy that we have sets from this world absolutely. But I think JW has been overdone compared to JP, which still has so much ground to cover in terms of both vehicles, sets and minifigs. Doesn't LEGO realise how much people want stuff from the original movie? Or am I completely misinformed? Did the one Jurassic Park set sell that badly?

From what I know the JP set does very well. As for why they're not doing the old films now, they don't want to overcrowd their own market because then they would basically be competing against themselves. And since they made a deal with Universal for that tv-show these sets were the best options from a money-perspective. But I'm sure they'll get to the original movies eventually. Hopefully they'll also return to Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom, those sets are really inaccurate to the movie

3 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

Seems like lepin quality using the wrong parts.

That’s ridiculous. Lego is a company that will try to save money wherever they can to increase their profit margin, so of course they cut corners by using the Indoraptor legs on the Baryonyx. I can tell you right now that my 5 year old cousin who loves these Jurassic sets doesn’t care AT ALL that there’s a sickle claw on the Baryonyx’s feet that shouldn’t be there. Sure, it’d be more accurate with a new mold, but the dinosaur looks amazing the way it is and I’d rather we get more new molds and species than get accurate feet for the Baryonyx. Lego is not “Lepin quality” just because they cut corners on occasion for things that don’t really matter. 

I guess I should of said my reason for complaining is series like bionicle get tons of one time use molds.  You never see most of those get reused.  Dinosaurs could get reused over and over again.  Seems like dinos only get a new mold here and there.  Thus tons of T-rex and raptors.  

2 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

I guess I should of said my reason for complaining is series like bionicle get tons of one time use molds.  You never see most of those get reused.  Dinosaurs could get reused over and over again.  Seems like dinos only get a new mold here and there.  Thus tons of T-rex and raptors.  

There is not a single raptor in this line except the babies. Also, Bionicle was several years ago. Lego's budget is more controlled now. 

3 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

In no way you can compare Jurassic to Bionicle, the themes are totally different and have very different budgets. Bionicle is a lego-owned property, meaning they don't have to pay anything to be able to use the theme. They do need to pay a licensing fee to Universal for Jurassic though, by licensing alone Jurassic has a smaller budget. Also factoring how lego, understandably, tries to make the most money out of something I'd say you should be thankful we're even getting 3 new molds (I heard the Trike is a new mold, since the old one would break very fast)

12 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

Nah, there are tons of raptors and T-rexes because those are the ones that sell best. 

This is off of MOVIEWEB website.  Jurassic World Short Is Coming to Theaters with Hobbs & Shaw

Could this be what the Lego Jurassic World D2C set is going to be off of?  What you think?

From the MOVIEWEB article: "We have a new species, the Nasutoceratops coming out, it's a tongue twister, along with our Allosaurus. They're gonna be featured in a live-action short pre-roll that's going to play before the new Fast and Furious movie [Hobbs and Shaw] summer 2019. So keep an eye out for that."

Edited by legoboy_4

14 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

There are tons of T. rex and raptor figures because Lego dinosaur themes are usually on shelves only every 3 years. So they need the most popular dinosaurs available when dinosaur sets are out on shelves for kids. Now that they’re not taking a 3 year gap, they can make new species. 

4 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

This is off of MOVIEWEB website.  Jurassic World Short Is Coming to Theaters with Hobbs & Shaw

Could this be what the Lego Jurassic World D2C set is going to be off of?  What you think?

From the MOVIEWEB article: "We have a new species, the Nasutoceratops coming out, it's a tongue twister, along with our Allosaurus. They're gonna be featured in a live-action short pre-roll that's going to play before the new Fast and Furious movie [Hobbs and Shaw] summer 2019. So keep an eye out for that."

Probably not, I really don't see an audience for this short. And besides, it will probably only be a few minutes and its centered around the dinosaurs themselves. Meaning lego couldnt really include any logical minifigures in a set

On 2/21/2019 at 5:36 AM, snoozle said:

Been wanting the original JP Jeep for years, as well as minifigs for Hammond, Muldoon, Nedry and Arnold. Happy that we got Grant, Sattler, the kids and Malcolm :-)

Same. But hoping for a better Malcolm. The Bricktober version didnt look that great.

36 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Has anyone been able to determine if this year's sets have Owen with a new face print? Or is it the same as we got last year?

I believe they're all just the same prints as the FK one

5 hours ago, Hell_Hawk_33 said:

The Baryonyx is pretty close to being cool, but those Raptor feet cannot be unseen. :sceptic:

I don’t think it really detracts from the figure. If you’re going for accuracy, none of the dinos are good, I mean, trex has lips and fur...

but the baryonyx still looks great, day one buy for me, didn’t even notice the raptor claw until it was pointed out

Edited by Whovastron

10 hours ago, Hell_Hawk_33 said:

The Baryonyx is pretty close to being cool, but those Raptor feet cannot be unseen. :sceptic:

I mean, yes it can, for those of us who have never seen a live one or appreciate this is a stylised toy. 

On 2/23/2019 at 8:31 AM, williejm said:

I mean, yes it can, for those of us who have never seen a live one or appreciate this is a stylised toy. 

I've never seen a live one either, but I don't understand how they could do such a nice job making that head sculpt (looks fantastic), yet can't be bothered to do a minor modification to the feet. As soon as I saw the first image my eyes were instantly drawn to the feet as the sickle claw stuck out like a sore thumb. :sceptic:

Keep in mind I also collect $500+ Jurassic Park statues so it's become habitual to me to impulsively visually scan images of new things from head to toe to ensure it's spot on or not. :wink: I understand this isn't the same caliber so shouldn't be scrutinized as much.

Edited by Hell_Hawk_33

1 hour ago, Hell_Hawk_33 said:

yet can't be bothered to do a minor modification to the feet

Maybe the mould budget was used up, each mould cost a lot even if it is only a "minor modification" they still must make a new one :shrug_confused: