Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

These sets would've been much better if some things were left out

Robot set: remove the robot and maybe add some small nature build, reduce the price

Baryonyx set: remove the trailer and jeep, make the nature/paddock build bigger

Triceratops set: remove the gate and ATV, make the fence bigger

Dilo set: remove that bloodawfull drone and reduce the price

The minifigures, dinosaurs and remaining builds are great!

Pretty unexpected but cool sets! Shame they didn’t do stuff from the older movies but maybe down the road.  Dino’s are always popular after all. 

I wonder if there are some juniors-type sets coming in the wave too?

/yes I know they are “4+”now

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Robot set: remove the robot and maybe add some small nature build, reduce the price

I can't think of any kid that wouldn't want a mecha dino vs trex set. That one will sell as hotcakes. 

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So you mean these sets would be better if they were different sets? :grin: out of context your changes might work, but these are based on a source so probably look right :shrug_oh_well:

Okay, these are all must-haves! Baryonix looks great, I LOVE the more appropriate-scale Dilopho (which will look cool by the bigger ones) and finally another Triceratops (I missed the first one all those years back).

And while these might be a stretch for the typical fare of the theme, I adore the sets! So well designed and fun!

If that mech doesn’t have an alternate build as the classic JP Ford Explorer I will weep hot tears of disappointment. So close! :wink:

I'm so happy that the bary is in a set, i will definitely pick that set up day one, hopefully the head will be reused for a spino sometime down the road!  

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

no im sorry but I love them all although I do hate that drone build but I love the stand we can just say the t rex mech is grimlock thus putting the transformers in the legoverse , I truly adore the triceratops set too and the prices are great for what were getting

ok im saying it now for 75938 - me grimlock want to become king of isla nublar

I also loooveee how you get all 4 baby versions of blue , delta  ,echo and charlie

the triceratops set is sweet too I like how they included parts of the pack in the set and I really dig that egg ride

I really like the jeep and trailer in the baryonyx set

I don't really like drones but I love that small dino themed stand and I like that coming soon sticker

I didn't ask for this new subtheme. But now I kinda need some of these. These sets are bonkers!

The new Dilophosaurus is amazing, and while the drone is far too big, the stand is really nice and would look nice in my layout.

The Baryonx looks pitch-perfect to The Secret Exhibit. The location build isn't anything special, but the trailer and car look decent. I'm just worried about the price.

It's great to see a new Triceratops (and the new colours are nice), and the fence build is nice, but I'm not too sure what the rest of the set is. Is it an incubator? Is it a carousel? Either way, the sign is a nice touch, but the set is not quite a must-have as I have the original Triceratops in my JP/W display.

The largest set i'm not too fussed about. I already have a Tyrannosaurus from the 2012 sets, and the volcano build isn't great. The giant mech, while attractive, is far too out-there to put in my JW display. 

Wow. These are not what I was expecting but they're pretty awesome. 

The Dilophosaurus and Triceratops sets are love letters to anyone thinking about building a proper Jurassic World Amusement Park (which I wasn't before but I am now!). And I'm pretty sure that yes, that is an amusement park ride based on an egg incubator. I can't imagine why anyone would ask for that. But now that we have it, let's make the most of it, eh?

I'll admit that, being practical, I probably have to pass on the Godzilla vs. Mecha-Godzilla Rexy vs. Robo Rexy set, but it looks amazing all the same and if I happen to have enough spare cash and spot I think on sale, then . .

The Baryonyx set is the only one that's a little disappointing to me; mostly because of that tiny rendition of Owen's trailer. Is it seriously only four studs wide? Boo. The proportions are a bit weird on the Baryonyx herself, too . . EDIT: oh, wait, no it is six-wide. Still horribly boxy, though. 

Also; 'Danny Nedermeyer'. LOL. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

If I were still 12 that mecha Dino set would be the only thing I cared about it. Probably the coolest Jurassic set we’ve gotten in the past few years, definitely cooler than a truck or a giant hamster ball. This whole wave is cool, but ultimately I don’t have a huge interest in Lego dinos, and the prices are even more discouraging. 

As soon as my son see's that robot T-Rex his head is going to explode. It's bonkers but I'm sure it will be wildly popular.

The entire baby raptor squad, with GRAY Blue, gives me hope for their adult rereleases someday. Great to see the return of Triceratops but it seems to have stolen Stegosaur’s colors.

These were very unexpected, and at first disappointing but this makes up for 2015’s wave that had no park builds whatsoever. The return of Masrani and Hoskins makes me hopeful we’ll also see Barry, and finally Lowery once they fire Nedry’s relative in the show.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

These are all great, overall. As most have said, the drone can be a dino’s chew toy... but everything else is great there. Another Triceratops is always welcome, & the set it comes in is a nice starter pack for building the park itself. Jeep & trailer are cool. The recolored husky is fantastic!:wub_drool: And, uuuuuuuhhhhhhh.....Mecha T-Rex?! Yes please! That thing is awesome. 

Edited by Vindicare

After looking at these sets for a while I adore them, even the robot!

The figures (altough some don't make sense) are great, especially those Owen and Claire variants, the kids' Jurassic shirt and Danny's hawaian t-shirt

The dinosaurs are somewhat disappointing because most of them are just reprints but they look great, especially the baby Raptor Squad! I'm really excited to finally have a place to use the Bricktober Owen figure, baby-raptor-training MOC here I come!

Also, looking at the baby raptors I think they have finally found the best colors for them. And seeing the new more size-accurate Dilo mold. I am really hoping for rereleases of the Raptor Squad with the new baby colors and the Dilo mold (with a different head ofcourse!). Seems like a perfect opportunity since the current Raptors are way too big!

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also, looking at the baby raptors I think they have finally found the best colors for them. And seeing the new more size-accurate Dilo mold. I am really hoping for rereleases of the Raptor Squad with the new baby colors and the Dilo mold (with a different head ofcourse!). Seems like a perfect opportunity since the current Raptors are way too big!

You might be on to something. I thought that the Jurassic line was continuing because of cross-promotion with the Lego Movie 2 dinosaurs, but there's isn't a single raptor in this line. Maybe they are preparing to retire the oversized raptor mold?

I quite like the raptor mould, it’s oversized, but the articulation can add so much character

Anyway, my thoughts on these sets:

Dilo Set: for £20 there’s a lot of great value here, a Dino and more than 1 side build, and 3 Minifigures. There’s nothing exciting from the figs, but the drone is a nice build, despite being way too large. The Dilo is so-so, I prefer the old one with articulation. The park beverages stand is so great though! Perfect to place around a Jurassic world display. I’ve been hoping for more theme-park related stuff and this is perfect. Will probably buy that separate though.

trike Set: brilliant, love it. The fencing looks proper and accurate, the sign and small entrance gate are fun and can easily be customised for multiples to be added to a display, and the small ride is fun. The triceratops’ printing Is fab and the Minifigures are fine. The ATV gives the Set a juniors looks though. I might bricklink extra fences and signs from this set.

the Baryonyx Set: the Jeep is one of the best I’ve seen lego do; no bold colours, silly Jurassic World branding, and it looks like a real vehicle! The trailer is nice too, gives me a lost world vibe. The treasure area build is bad but oh well the rest makes up for it. The Minifigures are fine. But that baryonyx is beautiful. The mould is perfect and the printing is sublime. Honestly Lego have smashed it with these £60 JW sets (carno, T-Rex and this). Although as it’s $60, I’m hoping it might be £50/55

the T-Rex Set: that much is amazing. A solid build that looks super fun despite how ridiculous it is. It personally doesn’t work with what I look for in this theme, but damn will parents be buying their kids that next Christmas. Rexy ( I presume it’s her) has perfect printing, the colours are still totally wrong though. The underside it perfect, but the top is awful. The Minifigures are fine again, the volcano build does nothing for me. But that life raft being brickbuilt is really nice, and the raptor recolours are great.

will he the trike and Bary Set, might grab the Dilo on sale, won’t buy the T-Rex one

Bit disappointed none of the sets or characters are from the original trilogy but they still look pretty cool. I like that we're getting more of the amusement park in this wave and seeing a couple characters from the first Jurassic World movie return. The vehicles are well done too and a nice change from the oversized trucks from previous waves.

The Baryonyx looks awesome and I'm glad to see the Triceratops back but I'm not sure I like the new Diliphosaurus mold. It scales better to minifigures than the previous one, but sacrifices the articulation of the arm/legs/head and I assume is going to mostly made of rubber like the Coelophysis figure. The mech seems a bit out of place too.

28 minutes ago, wesker said:

Bit disappointed none of the sets or characters are from the original trilogy but they still look pretty cool. I like that we're getting more of the amusement park in this wave and seeing a couple characters from the first Jurassic World movie return. The vehicles are well done too and a nice change from the oversized trucks from previous waves.

The Baryonyx looks awesome and I'm glad to see the Triceratops back but I'm not sure I like the new Diliphosaurus mold. It scales better to minifigures than the previous one, but sacrifices the articulation of the arm/legs/head and I assume is going to mostly made of rubber like the Coelophysis figure. The mech seems a bit out of place too.

I don’t think it’s possible for the Dilo to be rubber when it has an opening jaw. Lower jaw pieces have to be hard plastic to click together with the upper jaw, rubber wouldn’t be able to hinge in the same way. 

I haven't been paying much attention to any of the set news/rumors for this theme beforehand, but I certainly was not expecting to see a "Freemaker" styled wave of TV show tie-in sets come from it, let alone a freaking T-REX MECH:distressed:

But hey, they are pretty decent looking, and I was wondering when they'd give us the Triceratops mold again! Plus, for being as insanely uncalled for as it may be, that mech is pretty damn cool-looking taken out of context, and the set's T-Rex recolor is kinda different. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Needs a bigger body

Sure, but that new head mold alone can most definitely be reused for such! :wink:

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

the T-Rex Set: that much is amazing. A solid build that looks super fun despite how ridiculous it is. It personally doesn’t work with what I look for in this theme, but damn will parents be buying their kids that next Christmas. Rexy ( I presume it’s her) has perfect printing, the colours are still totally wrong though. The underside it perfect, but the top is awful. The Minifigures are fine again, the volcano build does nothing for me. But that life raft being brickbuilt is really nice, and the raptor recolours are great.

I think you’re spot on with this, it’s a smart move by Lego as it is a far-out build that is incredibly tempting to AFOLS and a sure fire hit with the kids. The wave is also a really nice tease for anything that follows.