Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

new raptors in the sets of "Lego Movie 2".
Very cool to make a moc of "training of raptors"
In total there are 3 blue velociraptors, all of them with small variations especially in the eyes.

image.png.ca1248f928110c113d0364c281200913.pngimage.png.eef526ce0b0353b6bc07e67ea7fe9395.png

5 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

I'm thinking that if there were any other new dinosaurs alongside the Baryonyx, the Secret Exhibit trailer would have shown them off. I think we'd have seen a Sinoceratops or Mosasaurus if they were making one. Plus, I don't think there's space:

• We've got the D2C set, which is almost certainly a Classic Jurassic Park visitor's center, probably containing a Raptor or Tyrannosaur or both
  • We've got the Baryonyx set, which is probably around the same size as the Carnotaurus set.
  • That leaves us with a smaller set, which could maybe include Sinoceratops, but it'll probably be another Raptor sized dinosaur.

The Baryonyx is large, but fairly smaller than Carno. I can see them make a $80NZ-size playset based on the lava bunker scene, as that is Bary's biggest part, but the second one is fair game. The D2C ought to be JP, but that's still up in the air.

I could see a Mosasaurus, either in a D2C set or a set in the same price range as lockwood manor or the Indominus escape (maybe of that boat that took the dinosaurs off the island in Fallen Kingdom?). I'd hope for the latter, because if a Mosasaurus is in the D2C it would be the Innovation Center from Jurassic World, not the Visitor's Center from Jurassic Park. If it's the latter, that'd put Baryonyx in the smallest set of the wave, which it'd still be around the same size as the Carnotaurus set.

So the JW bricktober is confirmed to be coming to lbs (in the US at least), probably unannounced Dec/Jan promo.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

So the JW bricktober is confirmed to be coming to lbs (in the US at least), probably unannounced Dec/Jan promo.

lbs? 

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

Sources?

36 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Sources?

I suppose I will leave it people on this forum that regularly leak or pass along leaks to eventually confirm. It’s a nontradional source (hence why I am posting it). 

5 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I suppose I will leave it people on this forum that regularly leak or pass along leaks to eventually confirm. It’s a nontradional source (hence why I am posting it). 

Gotcha.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be disappointed in the Dinosaurs this wave. Baryonyx is cool, but that's probably it. D2C is probably Tyrannosaurus and maybe a Raptor, and the other set is probably another Raptor. D2C is probably the only set we could see a Brachiosaur or Mosasaur in, and it seems unlikely we'll get either. Hopefully the Rex will have a new print, I haven't liked either of the JW Rexes so far.

Brickfan reporting the JW bricktober for dec 14-16, 100$ purchase. Not the price point I was expecting.

10 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be disappointed in the Dinosaurs this wave. Baryonyx is cool, but that's probably it. D2C is probably Tyrannosaurus and maybe a Raptor, and the other set is probably another Raptor. D2C is probably the only set we could see a Brachiosaur or Mosasaur in, and it seems unlikely we'll get either. Hopefully the Rex will have a new print, I haven't liked either of the JW Rexes so far.

Since the goal with the recent D2C location sets seems to focus on „iconic-ness“(?) as much as possible, they pretty much have to include Roberta. The T-Rex is in both parks’ logos after all :wink: If the D2C is indeed the visitor’s centre, one or two raptors would make sense as well. But I think you‘re right, apart from the Baryonyx we shouldn‘t count on any other new dinos to show up...

Personally, I like all three existing versions of the JP T-Rex (even though the third one is nigh impossible to acquire) but I wouldn‘t mind a fourth version :classic:

We might also get a Triceratops. I could see Lego throwing one in, given they've already got the molds for one, it's a part of the first film, and most kids know what it is. 

2 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

We might also get a Triceratops. I could see Lego throwing one in, given they've already got the molds for one, it's a part of the first film, and most kids know what it is. 

I don't see it for the D2C, though I guess it's possible. If it's not in the D2C it probably isn't in the wave.

I'm wondering what Lego would do for an Allosaurus, if they'd use the Indoraptor/Baryonyx moulds or the Tyrannosaur/Carnotaur moulds

3 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Could be, if the big set is based on the first film especially. We'll see if we get a brick-build great big pile of dung as well.

24 minutes ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

I'm wondering what Lego would do for an Allosaurus, if they'd use the Indoraptor/Baryonyx moulds or the Tyrannosaur/Carnotaur moulds

I'd certainly like to see it as a mid-sized creature, unlike the carno which is just way too big.

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

Could be, if the big set is based on the first film especially. We'll see if we get a brick-build great big pile of dung as well.

That would be most humorous.

21 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I'd certainly like to see it as a mid-sized creature, unlike the carno which is just way too big.

Allosaurus would be a lot more justifiable as a rex sized creature than Carno honestly. Some species of Allosaurus could get as large as a Tyrannosaurus, while Carnotaurus would have been a good deal smaller.

But yeah I feel like LEGO should have just bit the bullet and made a mid-size theropod mould that could be used for Carnotaurus, Allosaurus and Baryonyx.

Minifig pack is live in the US, 99$ purchase. Surprisingly both online and in store.

Sorry for double-posting :grin:

The new catalogue has been revealed/leaked and no sign of new JP/JW sets anywhere... So they're either exclusive to a specific retailer or they're 2HY sets, as initially suspected :wink: That would make more sense anyway, given the already busy 1HY and the D2C which is apparently a 2HY release.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry for double-posting :grin:

The new catalogue has been revealed/leaked and no sign of new JP/JW sets anywhere... So they're either exclusive to a specific retailer or they're 2HY sets, as initially suspected :wink: That would make more sense anyway, given the already busy 1HY and the D2C which is apparently a 2HY release.

The Jurassic World sets are expected to be released in 2HY. 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s bricklipedia so it can be edited by anyone so I would take these with a massive grain of salt for the time being 

Exactly what I was doing my friend.