Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

27 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

There’s a new animated prequel called the Secret Exhibit, and it has a movie accurate Baryonyx in it that looks like it could very well be an actual figure by reusing indoraptor parts.

This may be a good sign! I've seen the trailer, and most dinosaurs without existing figs just look wonky and simplistic... except for Bary, who has reused parts, a unique colour scheme, a head designed in the style of bona fide LEGO dinosaurs (while still true to the movie design) and even tiny wee gaps between the leg parts and the body! He also shares focus with Carno and Stiggy (both with existing figs)!

16 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

This may be a good sign! I've seen the trailer, and most dinosaurs without existing figs just look wonky and simplistic... except for Bary, who has reused parts, a unique colour scheme, a head designed in the style of bona fide LEGO dinosaurs (while still true to the movie design) and even tiny wee gaps between the leg parts and the body! He also shares focus with Carno and Stiggy (both with existing figs)!

The Body of the Baryonyx isn't a reuse of the indominus body, it's standing next to the carno, which uses that part, and the body is clearly smaller, and the neck is longer. However, i still really hope it is in one of the sets next year, unless that means there won't be a spinosaurus, in which case i would rather have the Spino.

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

The Body of the Baryonyx isn't a reuse of the indominus body, it's standing next to the carno, which uses that part, and the body is clearly smaller, and the neck is longer. However, i still really hope it is in one of the sets next year, unless that means there won't be a spinosaurus, in which case i would rather have the Spino.

They could do a piece that is used for both the Bary and the Spino. Just have the sail on the spino be something you attach to the studs on the bodies back.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

They could do a piece that is used for both the Bary and the Spino. Just have the sail on the spino be something you attach to the studs on the bodies back.

While I wouldn‘t mind getting a Spinosaurus, I doubt they‘d waste one of the three slots on JP3 :tongue: 

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I wouldn‘t mind getting a Spinosaurus, I doubt they‘d waste one of the three slots on JP3 :tongue: 

It may not be the best movie, but it has good opportunities for sets. For example, the plane crash, or the ruined lab, or the bird cage, or the boat the spino attacks at the end. 

3 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'd much refer a Lost World set. Preferably with that mobile base/truck thing and a T. Rex. I would so buy that. 

well, there are 3 sets, I'm hoping that there will be one from each of the original 3 films.

7 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

It’s the indoraptor body, not the indominus. And now I’m kinda worried because I’m pretty sure they also reused the indoraptor legs. Hopefully if the Baryonyx is released it gets legs without sickle claws.

I’m kinda doubting the three sets next year will involve TLW or especially JP3. The d2c has to be JP, and I’m thinking the Baryonyx means at least one FK set.

40 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

I'd far prefer a Baryonix to a Spinosaurus. The way JP3 shilled the Spino a little too hard made it much less desirable to me.

Plus I’d rather have something large that’s also more unique and iconic to the franchise like a brachiosaurus or a mosasaurus before yet another large theropod. Baryonyx at least would bring another medium carnivore to the table.

I think the fact that we are getting more Jurassic World themed LEGO stuff means that the sets will most likely be modern-based, and will not have any JP theme to them. This could be wrong - but with the D2C coming up, we never know.

I personally believe we will see the Baryonyx in one set, and the re-coloured, long-awaited Triceratops in the other set. I then believe the D2C will either be JP themed, or, alternatively, the Mosasaur.

I am, however, worried about what minifigures we will see - as more JW/JWFK themed sets do not offer much scope for additional minifigures.

As has been said, they've pretty much covered the Jurassic World movies minifig-wise, even down to a plethora of unnamed guards. Whereas the classic JP that everyone knows still has several major characters that have yet to get the minifig treatment.

Personally I'm hoping for at least Hammond, and hopefully Nedry, Muldoon, Arnold (Sam Jackson's character) and Gennaro (the lawyer). Dino-wise, it's astounding that they haven't yet done the Triceratops in this line, so that's at the top of my list. Second is the Brachiosaur, to recreate THAT moment of awe from JP1. The model looks great in the LEGO JW game, but I'm guessing it would be fairly expensive due to its size. I'd still buy it though. And thirdly, the Stegosaur (I do love the classics) from the Lost World. Gallimimus/Spinosaur would be on shared 4th spot and Parasaurolophus on 5th. A Mosasaur could also be great, and I don't mind them downsizing it, as its size in JW in totally overproportioned anyway. :-)

JW:FK has been covered pretty well in terms of characters, but I still expect at least one of the two retail sets to be based on it. That movie is the reason this theme even exists, so it would be really weird to have a follow-up wave that completely ignores it :laugh: Besides, the main draw of the JW/JP sets are the dinosaurs, so if next wave's JW:FK set(s) include new dinosaurs alongside repeat minifigs, the target audience (and a lot of AFOLs) probably won't care all that much. The D2C set on the other hand pretty much has to be based on JP. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't the Visitors Centre from the first JP :moar:

I’d still prefer the d2c to be one or both classic JP jeeps in the creator expert size, but the visitor center would be an ok second option.

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The D2C set on the other hand pretty much has to be based on JP. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't the Visitors Centre from the first JP :moar:

Oh, if you're right that'd be awesome!! :grin: In my perfect world, it'd also include a JP Jeep and a Triceratops. One can always dream... 

I absolutely acknowledge that JW is what is carrying this line forward. I just don't see that many new minifigs they can make from the existing JW movies. That said, they might base one or several of the new sets off of "The Secret Exhibit" due out next year. Not that they can't also do more from Fallen Kingdom or JW1. In animated form, they could also do more adventures with the original JP cast, as well as with the new crew. 

Even though JW3 won't be out for a while, and the JP series is getting older, the dino theme must be evergreen. I don't know how well Lego's own DINO series did, but looking at my own kids being dino-crazy just like I was at that age (and still am, apparently :innocent2:), dinosaurs and dino-toys will always be in great demand. Hopefully, LEGO will continue basing their dino toys on JP/JW. I'm guessing the logo and the recognisable movie brand helps sell these sets.

1 hour ago, snoozle said:

In my perfect world, it'd also include a JP Jeep and a Triceratops. One can always dream... 

I don‘t think it‘s entirely unreasonable to hope for something like that :wink: If it is anything like previous location-based licensed D2C sets, there’s a good chance it’d include the Jeep as well, you can‘t get much more iconic than that :thumbup: Maybe I‘m way off base, but with the last couple of D2C sets, the designers did everything in their might to include every single iconic and memorable aspect of whatever they depicted (both Simpsons sets, the 60’s Batcave, the Ghostbusters HQ, the Disney castle, Hogwarts etc), so if it‘s in the same vein as those, we‘re in for a treat :sweet: 

Oh, and technically, we already have one of the Jeep models, it’s just in the wrong colour :snicker:

The D2C set would almost certainly be the Visitor's Center. There's a slim chance you could see the Innovation Center from Jurassic World instead, but the original Center is more iconic and more likely to sell. The Secret Exhibit trailer does seem to indicate that we'll get a Baryonyx in a future set, but it also seems to dash chances of us getting a Brachiosaurus or Stegosaurus, considering how horrible the clearly made just for the special models are. I was really hoping for a Brachiosaurus in a D2C set, but that may be a pipe dream.

I'd say there's a chance we could see a Triceratops or Sinoceratops, but wouldn't bet on it. I feel like any new dinosaur would be in the Secret Exhibit trailer alongside the Baryonyx, and the Triceratops in the video are blatant colour swaps of the DINO 2012 version.

Is the 1HY release date confirmed? We‘ve now seen pretty much the entirety of the 1HY catalogue and JW/JP is nowhere to be seen... And I can‘t imagine them being retail exclusives :wacko:

Does anyone know if the leaked blue baby dinosaur gives us any clues about the D2C? I don't really know a lot about Jurassic Park but I love the sets, and I'd assume that figure would give anyone who knows the movies well a good clue as to what it will be.

2 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Does anyone know if the leaked blue baby dinosaur gives us any clues about the D2C? I don't really know a lot about Jurassic Park but I love the sets, and I'd assume that figure would give anyone who knows the movies well a good clue as to what it will be.

Those are not from the Jurassic line I don’t think

28 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

That's from TLM2 :wink:

14 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

That's from TLM2 :wink:

15 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Those are not from the Jurassic line I don’t think

Gotcha, makes sense!

31 minutes ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

I'd be a little disappointed if Baryonyx is the only new dinosar this wave, but that's certainly what it seems like based on the Secret Exhibit trailer.

There may still be a few more new dino's yet. There was no sign of the Mosasaurus or Sinoceratops in the trailer, and if neither of them, the rest would probably be recolours (maybe representing new species, like Compsognathus being represented with the baby dino mould).

I'm thinking that if there were any other new dinosaurs alongside the Baryonyx, the Secret Exhibit trailer would have shown them off. I think we'd have seen a Sinoceratops or Mosasaurus if they were making one. Plus, I don't think there's space:

• We've got the D2C set, which is almost certainly a Classic Jurassic Park visitor's center, probably containing a Raptor or Tyrannosaur or both
  • We've got the Baryonyx set, which is probably around the same size as the Carnotaurus set.
  • That leaves us with a smaller set, which could maybe include Sinoceratops, but it'll probably be another Raptor sized dinosaur.